• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Birthday cake, Costco style

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Had to throw a quick family birthday party today and stopped by Costco to buy a few things, including a cake. I was able to pick up a Tiramisu cake, kind of plain, so I fixed it up and couldn't be happier with the way it turned out! I used some of my wild roses.

Btw, not sure why the photo doesn't load - too big perhaps? Oh well, sort of anti-climatic, lol.

Attachments

• birthday cake.jpg
    14.5 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I've had that cake...it's pretty good eats

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
One of my favorites. Oh, let's be honest - they're ALL my favorites! LOL! :)

Do you have a picture? Would like to see how it turned out.

Dave

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Had to throw a quick family birthday party today and stopped by Costco to buy a few things, including a cake. I was able to pick up a Tiramisu cake, kind of plain, so I fixed it up and couldn't be happier with the way it turned out! I used some of my wild roses.

Btw, not sure why the photo doesn't load - too big perhaps? Oh well, sort of anti-climatic, lol.
Didn't know Costco did tiramiso. I was able to open photo. Lovely!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Katherine, that is really pretty! It looks lovely!

Dave

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
That looks delicious!! Thank you for the pic, I love pics of food especially goodies!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should be a cake decorated on the side. That birthday cake looks very nice. That pic tells how much you cared IMHO.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
That looks so yummy and what a great way to decorate the cake...love it...

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks great! What an awesome idea.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aw shucks guys. :) Thanks for letting me share.

I actually went to get a lemon bundt cake - our local Costcos have been selling them as long as I can remember. But apparently not any more. Plan B was an apple pie. Our Costco only had pumpkin (and I have one daughter who won't eat pumpkin pie unless it's made with fresh pumpkins). So I was now onto plan C. I can report that this Tiramisu was delicious and can highly recommend! It's just a bit homely looking but nothing that a few flowers can't fix ;)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Costco cakes are some of the best. Our daughter does custom cakes and charges really high prices for them because they are art, and she puts hours and hours into them. Her cakes are really good, they always taste great, but it always seems a shame to cut into the cake. They are so perfect. But I prefer just digging into a Costco white cake with cream cheese filling. Those cakes are so good.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Costco cakes are some of the best. Our daughter does custom cakes and charges really high prices for them because they are art, and she puts hours and hours into them. Her cakes are really good, they always taste great, but it always seems a shame to cut into the cake. They are so perfect. But I prefer just digging into a Costco white cake with cream cheese filling. Those cakes are so good.
My guilty pleasure is their chocolate cake with chocolate filling. So good! We don't buy them now since it's just the two of us, but I never complained when the kids were young and one of those cakes would show at at the end-of-season banquet. Yum!

Last edited: