• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Getaway Issues - Check in Today (Urgent)

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked a week for my brother at Sheraton Vistana Resort for him and his family for September 29th to October 6th.

He won't actually arrive until the morning of October 4th, but I can't see them fixing this past the check in date. He is going on a cruise, and with the hurricane activity he wanted both a back-up plan and a place to stay for his last couple of nights in Florida...this fit the fill perfectly.

Last night, I called the resort to let them know that he will be late for check-in, but they have no record of his reservation. I gave them the reservation number and they have all of his info (address, etc), except for the guest name is incorrect (I have no idea who the name is on the reservation -- the sheraton agent said it was likely the original owner).

Interval is closed. Sheraton says they can't fix without II. What do I do?

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reach out to Mark Delcampo at tugmembers@intervalintl.com. Mark is a II rep who monitors the emails from tug members and can help you. I'm not sure if he monitors on weekends, but I would ask the Vistana rep to put a note on the reservation per your situation and let Mark handle it tomorrow. Include your phone # as Mark may call you to resolve this. He has called me when I had a complicated issue. Good luck!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How long ago did you book this? Did you purchase a guest certificate?

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How long ago did you book this?

I booked it probably 10 days ago. In retrospect, I should have called earlier, but I didn’t really have a reason to do so until we knew for certain he wasn’t going to use the whole week.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Go to the bottom right of any II page. Click Customer Support and E-mail us.
Enter the Exchange number, and Describe the issue there.
Also write Mark or call him first thing tomorrow.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I had the same issue with a last minute II reservation last year in hurricane season, apparently II faxes the reservations to the resort. Of course during hurricanes there is all kinds of chaos and the faxes dont get sent.

My guest showed up and was turned away, she went back home. The resort called me the next day and asked if we were going to check in, I told them what happened but it was too late. II eventually refunded the exchange fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Quick Update:

This is a bit of an odd situation, but I do think it will work out, with just a little bit of trouble on my brother's end. I got an e-mail from Interval customer support about 4 hours ago that they faxed the correction to Vistana. I called Vistana about 3 hours after receiving that e-mail and spoke with someone who was very helpful, but ultimately it doesn't feel like it will get resolved until my brother checks in.

Here's the gist of it:

1) Sheraton says they didn't receive the fax from Interval.
2) They see the reservation in question, but it is definitely in someone else's name (my brother's address is in place though, so I can't imagine a scenario in which someone else checks in...this has human error written all over it).
3) They aren't able to change the reservation unless they hear from interval.
4) They said that as long as my brother brings in the guest certificate, he should be good to go. They also assured me that they made a note on the reservation and gave me the reservation number on their end to help my brother when he checks in. It should not be a problem for him to check in on the 4th.

A couple of thoughts that may help others avoid trouble moving forward.
1) I think I will make a habit of verifying ALL of my timeshare reservations at least 1 week in advance.
2) I will also make sure that any future guests (myself included!) are advised to take their guest certificate with them at check in.

I can't believe that a network as big as Vistana is reliant on faxes from interval. I can understand how that would be the case for smaller resorts, but ILG has owned Vistana for at least a couple of years now. As a computer programmer, I've gotta think the labor savings from having people manually enter in reservation data from faxes would have been recouped had they built an automated job to take care of this.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for sharing. I’m glad it worked out.
Learn something new every day :cool:.