• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

suite nights question

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this isn’t a time share question, but I think I’ve seen suite night discussed here so hoping someone can help.

My question...
In the bonvoy faq it says-
“The number of Suite Night Awards™ used must match the entire length of stay; it cannot be used for part of a stay (e.g., the first two nights of a five-night stay). You cannot pay cash for the remaining nights of the stay.”

Does that mean if I am staying at a property for 6 nights I can’t use suite nights- period?

Can I make a 5 night reservation and request the suite nights and then make a separate 1 night reservation?

I’m trying to fathom why this rule exists- does Marriott really want to kick me out after 5 nights when I want to pay cash for an extra night? I don’t get it.

One other question— Does anyone know if properties have stopped taking point reservation now for after the new peak/off peak introduction? A property I am looking at for early October says “ we are not taking point redemption bookings at this time”. Wonder if they are just sold out or if they are pausing on points until the new program starts.

Thanks for any help.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see any reason you can't make a 5 night + 1 night separate. Realizing, you will move if you get the sna. Which is not guaranteed.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see any reason you can't make a 5 night + 1 night separate. Realizing, you will move if you get the sna. Which is not guaranteed.

Thanks.
I’m just not sure how to interpret the “you can’t pay cash” part.
But it does say “ remainder of reservation so hopefully you are correct.

Last edited:

Sicnarf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you checked if the property is taking point reservation at any other time? I have not encountered that message before but I'm not aware of any property halting point reservation because of the impending change.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Thanks.
I’m just not sure how to interpret the “you want pay cash” part.
I think they are saying if you have a ressie for 6 nights, you can’t use 5 suite nights and pay a cash upgrade fee to the suite for the 6th night.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they are saying if you have a ressie for 6 nights, you can’t use 5 suite nights and pay a cash upgrade fee to the suite for the 6th night.

Yes, that's what I think too. That's why 2 would work, but you'll move.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
The Marriott wording of "length of stay" is poorly written and should have been written "length of reservation" to accomplish what they intended.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did exactly this recently in Rome. We had two reservations...3 nights using points and 2 nights paying cash. I had to request the awards separately and they were awarded separately. If one of the reservations had not been awarded the suite we would have had to switch rooms. Fortunately it all worked out.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did exactly this recently in Rome. We had two reservations...3 nights using points and 2 nights paying cash. I had to request the awards separately and they were awarded separately. If one of the reservations had not been awarded the suite we would have had to switch rooms. Fortunately it all worked out.

Thanks.
But you only stayed 5 nights total and had 5 suite nights to request for both reservations?

My situation is I need 6 nights stay, but only have 5 suite nights.
So if I do 2 reservations (5 &1) I will be requesting suite on the 5 and paying cash(or points) for the one.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Can you only receive Suite Night Awards for 50 qualifying nights or more? I am Platinum Elite status, but it is because of my timeshare ownership. I don't think I've ever had 50 nights in one year, so would that exclude me from receiving that award?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Can you only receive Suite Night Awards for 50 qualifying nights or more? I am Platinum Elite status, but it is because of my timeshare ownership. I don't think I've ever had 50 nights in one year, so would that exclude me from receiving that award?
Eligible at 50 nights, and again at 75 nights.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score

Nights also come from Marriott credit card spending and in brand TS stays count also.

If you log onto your Marriott account, under your name you can choose activity and it will the number of nights you have and you can click on details below the number to see where your nights came from.

Last edited:

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points

Without accruing at least 50 qualifying nights in a year (from all of the sources that count like Marriott/MVC stays, Marriott credit card account holder, Marriott credit card spend) you would not be able to redeem any SNAs.

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, now I'm totally confused. We made a reservation and attached it at the Palazzo Naiadi in Rome with the 5 day travel package last year and put in a request to use our 5 day suite award, which is pending since our trip is not until October 9. We also have a 2 day, paid reservation at the Palazzo two days before. They are 2 seperate reservations so, the way I'm reading this is that we might get an upgrade being titanium for the 2 days that could be a suite or other room, then we would, most likely need to move if we get the suite award?? Make sense?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Ok, now I'm totally confused. We made a reservation and attached it at the Palazzo Naiadi in Rome with the 5 day travel package last year and put in a request to use our 5 day suite award, which is pending since our trip is not until October 9. We also have a 2 day, paid reservation at the Palazzo two days before. They are 2 seperate reservations so, the way I'm reading this is that we might get an upgrade being titanium for the 2 days that could be a suite or other room, then we would, most likely need to move if we get the suite award?? Make sense?
100% correct.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

It does make sense, however other than the inconvenience of moving, isn't the actual free upgrade worth it?

Also, it may actually turn out being a moot point; upgrades are only possible if upgraded rooms remain unrented at time of check in.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think I’ve read either on these boards or elsewhere that some reported their suite night request was denied, but they were upgraded in some other way due to their bonvoy status.

For my 6 night stay I am considering making a 5 night reservation for a guest room and adding the suite nights request, then making a 1 night reservation for the same guest room and another 1 night reservation for a suite in hopes of not having to move rooms whatever the outcome. If I put the 1 night after the 5 I will know where I am in time to cancel. The hotel only has 3 room sizes so hoping that will cover it.
Also hoping a points reservation will open up- right now there are none. I just got an email from bon Marriott telling me I had so many points and urging me to use them. Love to!

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got TWO upgrade in Fiji. One for Bonvoy, and, one for the suite night award, which put me in an over the water bure. You won't find out if you get the upgrade until a couple days before your stay. Make sure you can cancel one of your reservations that late.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got TWO upgrade in Fiji. One for Bonvoy, and, one for the suite night award, which put me in an over the water bure. You won't find out if you get the upgrade until a couple days before your stay. Make sure you can cancel one of your reservations that late.

Wow lucky you!
Were you “ off season” if there is such a thing, or just lucky?
As soon as I check in for the my 5 night stay I will know what to do for the 1 night and I can cancel 24 hrs in advance so I’m fine.
But that is a good reminder.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow lucky you!
Were you “ off season” if there is such a thing, or just lucky?
As soon as I check in for the my 5 night stay I will know what to do for the 1 night and I can cancel 24 hrs in advance so I’m fine.
But that is a good reminder.

I honestly don't know, but I do often feel "lucky". It went from a $200/nt room (which was a travel cert, so "free") to a $800/nt room. Best stay ever.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I am 0 for 3 on SNA this year. Have not gotten an upgraded room due to Titanium status either.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got upgraded at LAX earlier this year too. Did not get upgraded at Zion natl park, but they had no higher room class. Titanium also got me something at Surfers Paradise mvci property, though it's not supposed to. Got welcome gift, and free breakfasts.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to mention my first ever suite night request came through.
I got an email upgrading me from a guest room all the way to a 1 br executive suite (I had indicated I would take the studio Jr. suite) 5 days before check in at the Copenhagen Marriott. I was able to add another night with points and didn’t have to change rooms.
Very happy- great stay.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
Just got back from the Renaissance North Hills in Raleigh, NC. We were not successful with our SNA request.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
We were upgraded to a large suite overlooking the river at the St. Regis in Florence for five nights last week.

The stay was for points. DW is lifetime titanium.