• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton flex

pharmacistking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
SDO
The Grandview Las Vegas
MVC Grand Chateau
Hello group

I have found a free Sheraton flex with free closing. 67100 homeoptions. Would use it in Florida and Myrtle. Seems reasonable for a first buy in vistana. Would also trade in interval

Mf is 1034.

Any thoughts on this ?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Sounds interesting. Check out the resorts under Sheraton Flex because as a resale buyer you will not be allowed to use staroptions and will be limited to Flex home resort inventory only.

pharmacistking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
SDO
The Grandview Las Vegas
MVC Grand Chateau
Sounds interesting. Check out the resorts under Sheraton Flex because as a resale buyer you will not be allowed to use staroptions and will be limited to Flex home resort inventory only.
Sheraton Broadway plantation. Both vistana Orlando. Vistana beach in Jensen and steamboat springs. I can live with those :)

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
What size unit are you looking at needing? If you are wanting a ski week you’ll be looking at a studio at the max or an off-season 2 BR at the beach club.

if you’re happy with those resorts go for it. Just realize the maintenance fees will probably be higher than they would be if you owned an underlying resort and traded in II for an equivalent unit.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Depends if you can rent same or better for the MFs at these locations, or AirBnB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am ok with that kind of unit for the price :)

for that price there have been reports of Vistana exercising ROFR - but your downside is limited and I’m sure more packages will be available in the future.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can buy a good trader and get much better exchanges in Interval for less annual fees. You can buy an SVV Bella 2 bdr platinum with slightly higher MF but that also gives you 81,000 SO that you can use at any Vistana resort. I just do not see a scenario where you are better off with Sheraton Flex.

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I'd rather get a mandatory resale with StarOptions. Those Sheraton resorts don't cut it for me. I want Lagunamar, Harborside, Hawaii....

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheraton Flex contracts seem to mushroom on Ebay. Not a good sign for such a young program. I would stay away from it.

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
Hello group

I have found a free Sheraton flex with free closing. 67100 homeoptions. Would use it in Florida and Myrtle. Seems reasonable for a first buy in vistana. Would also trade in interval

Mf is 1034.

Any thoughts on this ?
Go for mandatory resale with star options, bella or key west sections at vistana villages in Orlando, you can trade internally within Vistana, you want 81,000 Star Options, more flexibility. Easier to get rid of as well, don't waste your money on resale flex, why pay the same maintenance and have limited options??? Wouldn't you want to be able to trade internally for Atlantis, Mexico, Hawaii, Arizona, St John etc

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Buy SVV 81000 Staroptions mandatory. You will be much better off with Staroptions than Flex.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex contracts seem to mushroom on Ebay. Not a good sign for such a young program. I would stay away from it.

As do Marriott weeks, Hilton weeks, Wyndham and Worldmark points and Houston Rocket's memorabilia. ;)

Joking aside, the main problem with the Sheraton Flex product is that the MF's are too high relative to the underlying resorts and having availability 8-12 months at most of these resorts is not needed - most can be booked within 8 months quite easily without home resort preference.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
As do Marriott weeks, Hilton weeks, Wyndham and Worldmark points and Houston Rocket's memorabilia. ;)

Joking aside, the main problem with the Sheraton Flex product is that the MF's are too high relative to the underlying resorts and having availability 8-12 months at most of these resorts is not needed - most can be booked within 8 months quite easily without home resort preference.
lol
I compare with Westin Flex and Westin Aventuras though, those are rarely if ever on the market and they are new programs as well. To me this shows that more Sheraton Flex owners are disappointed with the product and that there is not a decent resale demand for it so many contracts have to be relisted. The lack of demand can mean higher default rates in the long run and a swell of the MF because of that.

This is another reason why the integration makes sense for Marriott so they should eventually have just one product to sell and not have to deal with the weaknesses of the individual programs.