• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Moving Tomorrow From Our Home of 32 Years

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Best of luck Mary Ann,

I will keep you updated with the bear sightings in the neighborhood.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Congratulations!! Another big hurdle out of the way. Its easier to think about the future when your out of the house you’ve lived in a long time. Things are progressing well. :thumbup:

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
@mpumilia: Thank you for sharing your wonderful adventure with us. Live long and prosper!!

geekette

Reaction score
What a tough moment, full of nostalgia and excitement for the new chapter. You've got this. You really do. Go and enjoy the new life you and hubs have arranged for yourselves!

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best of luck MaryAnn. Hope the transition is an easy one.

You have created a lot of memories in your home but now it's time to open the book and start a new chapter in your life. You will create new memories and never forget the old ones.

Lot's of work but it's all good.

My friend is downsizing now. They just put an offer on a condo and are getting ready to sell their house. They won't miss the going up and down to do laundry, no landscaper and no need for someone to open/close the pool and all the work/chemicals that goes with it. No need for the husband to shovel snow either.......

Wishing you lot's of happiness. You are not done yet.......brave of you to have to move again but hopefully it will be a little less work with less "stuff" to move again.

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
MaryAnn: What a journey. Your clear and honest posts bonded the TUG community as we rooted for you and wished you and your family the best. Good luck. That melancholy is to be expected. You created a lot of love and life in your home. It was truly a place of refuge and peace for your family. Your new home is exactly what you wanted so, congratulations! Step into your new life courageously. Best of luck.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
It really sounds like you have thought this out to where there shouldn't be any problems so I think everything will turn out great. Good luck just in case, but I doubt you need any. Have fun in your new life.

Bill

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Mary Ann, two comments: First, thanks for being so vulnerable with all the rest of us. We suffered with you through your last months in a dead-end job with a terrible boss and your life-changing decision to retire. We've followed you through your first year of retirement and the trials and tribulations of owning a beautiful property that was, ultimately, way too much work for you and your husband to maintain. And now we get to follow your journey through the sale of that home and the first steps toward your retirement in New Hampshire. You've taken us all on your ride with you, and we are richer for it.

Second, I have an idea I'd like you to consider: have you ever thought of doing freelance writing for local publications? This latest essay of yours is rich in imagery, carrying us along on the winds of your emotions, and allowing us to consider what it must be like to leave a place that's been home for more than three decades. Yankee magazine publishes essays like yours, and you'll soon be a bona fide New Englander. And I'm sure your future small-town newspaper would love to publish your material.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Mary Ann, two comments: First, thanks for being so vulnerable with all the rest of us. We suffered with you through your last months in a dead-end job with a terrible boss and your life-changing decision to retire. We've followed you through your first year of retirement and the trials and tribulations of owning a beautiful property that was, ultimately, way too much work for you and your husband to maintain. And now we get to follow your journey through the sale of that home and the first steps toward your retirement in New Hampshire. You've taken us all on your ride with you, and we are richer for it.

Second, I have an idea I'd like you to consider: have you ever thought of doing freelance writing for local publications? This latest essay of yours is rich in imagery, carrying us along on the winds of your emotions, and allowing us to consider what it must be like to leave a place that's been home for more than three decades. Yankee magazine publishes essays like yours, and you'll soon be a bona fide New Englander. And I'm sure your future small-town newspaper would love to publish your material.

Well said! I agree that Mary Ann's writings certainly resonate with a lot of us and would do so for other readers as well.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Mary Ann ... I am days away from the "next move". My old homestead was FINALLY sold ... after 3 realtors and 2+ years. I feel as though I know NOT where anything is. And of course, my 'move helper' feels if I am not going to "use it or wear it" in the next 200 hours, it is trash. This helper has worked for me for decades ... longer than he had known his wife. And he went to high school with my (now retired) younger (who lives in TX) sister and his step-dad worked parttime for the same local government as my dad for decades.

I feel like a ping-pong ball ... and I know NOT where most of my 'stuff' is. I don't have a storage rental place, as I own a 1929 Brick WAREHOUSE. And I have a pickup truck as does my helper. And I own a 'refrigerator' size handtruck along with another dolly handtruck.

I picked wall colors for this next home ... and have listened to his "commenting" about the 2-tone pink MBR walls I had him paint. Hey, I am a female ... tired of off-white/safe beige colors. And it is MY bedroom. He did his usual superior paint job. And my flower bedspread has some small pink color in it, too.

The downstairs walls are light grey with a slightly darker grey on the accent wall (he likes the grey colors).

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Congratulations on the first step.
My sister was supposed to close today on the condo she has lived in since she was 18. The deal fell through on Wednesday. She has wasted prime selling months waiting for the sale.

Wow! What happened? That is crazy!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
It looked like construction was progressing quickly from the pictures you posted a few weeks ago. What is the builder saying now for potential completion date?

Kurt

You know builders. Sticking to the 11/1 closing date in the contract, but I honestly don't see it being that soon. Hubby is betting sometime in December. I say more like after the first of the year, which would be fine since my husband plans to retire on 12/31.

I believe they were starting the electrical work last week. My son drove by and saw they started to do the siding on the new home next to ours. The realtor comes back from vacation on 10/5 so i will get more information then.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Best of luck Mary Ann,

I will keep you updated with the bear sightings in the neighborhood.

Thanks! I miss Pine Bush/Walker Valley already!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Thank you so much for this. I am so overwhelmed by the comments on this thread that it brings me to tears. You know, it was because of Tuggers that my husband and I even attempted to go down this road this year and I am truly forever grateful to all of you.

Tomorrow is the closing and that will close one chapter in this story.

As for the writing thing, I did attend college for Journalism Technology. I always wanted to be a writer since I was a young girl but life took me elsewhere. I always felt I needed more practice to develop the skills necessary to be a good writer and I was (and still am) too busy to work on it.

This said, very kind of you to suggest it and I actually do hope to pursue this avenue in the future once we are settled in our new home and I have a clearer picture of what I want my retired life to be like day to day. As of recent - well- before this whole house thing started- I had thought of possibly starting a blog, but not sure of what the focus would be on.

(I love Yankee Magazine, BTW. I especially enjoy Ben Hewitt's essays on his life on his farm with his family in Vermont).

Now let me just say, Walnut Baron, that I have always admired YOUR writing here on TUG. The way you phrase things - so descriptive, so eloquent, your choice of words, the way you put together your sentences- just wonderful! Always a pleasure for the senses!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Mary Ann ... I am days away from the "next move". My old homestead was FINALLY sold ... after 3 realtors and 2+ years. I feel as though I know NOT where anything is. And of course, my 'move helper' feels if I am not going to "use it or wear it" in the next 200 hours, it is trash. This helper has worked for me for decades ... longer than he had known his wife. And he went to high school with my (now retired) younger (who lives in TX) sister and his step-dad worked parttime for the same local government as my dad for decades.

I feel like a ping-pong ball ... and I know NOT where most of my 'stuff' is. I don't have a storage rental place, as I own a 1929 Brick WAREHOUSE. And I have a pickup truck as does my helper. And I own a 'refrigerator' size handtruck along with another dolly handtruck.

I picked wall colors for this next home ... and have listened to his "commenting" about the 2-tone pink MBR walls I had him paint. Hey, I am a female ... tired of off-white/safe beige colors. And it is MY bedroom. He did his usual superior paint job. And my flower bedspread has some small pink color in it, too.

The downstairs walls are light grey with a slightly darker grey on the accent wall (he likes the grey colors).

Linda- wow! Very happy for you. Finally! It is a lot of work but I know you are not afraid of that! You deserve to pick out whatever colors you want for your home! Pink sounds lovely!

You talk about grey. Our son asked us yesterday what color our new home will be. I really liked the Cape Cod beige with white trim, but chose grey with white trim because I thought dirt would be less noticeable on the siding. Being it is an HOA, you have to choose an approved color. A lot of people there chose grey as well, but there are some barn reds, beige and whites, and another darker shade of grey and a kind of golden beige, too.

Because I wanted to keep things simple and copacetic, I chose white top kitchen cabinets with grey lowers, "ice" white backsplash with light grey grout, white granite with grey specs, the same grey and white cabinets as the bathroom vanities, the same grey floor tile in the bathrooms and laundry area, grey rug in the master bedroom as my comforter set is grey, and a taupe/grey carpet in the other bedroom/office. Of course, the builder is whitewashing the interior walls, so everything- except the wood floors- will be grey and white. LOL! Except when I bring in my deep brown couch and and rustic coffee table and solid oak desk. Totally will not go but will have to make it work as no room in the budget for new furniture, except a mattress and TV.

Anyway- very good to hear about your house sale and best of luck to you!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Linda- wow! Very happy for you. Finally! It is a lot of work but I know you are not afraid of that! You deserve to pick out whatever colors you want for your home! Pink sounds lovely!

You talk about grey. Our son asked us yesterday what color our new home will be. I really liked the Cape Cod beige with white trim, but chose grey with white trim because I thought dirt would be less noticeable on the siding. Being it is an HOA, you have to choose an approved color. A lot of people there chose grey as well, but there are some barn reds, beige and whites, and another darker shade of grey and a kind of golden beige, too.

Because I wanted to keep things simple and copacetic, I chose white top kitchen cabinets with grey lowers, "ice" white backsplash with light grey grout, white granite with grey specs, the same grey and white cabinets as the bathroom vanities, the same grey floor tile in the bathrooms and laundry area, grey rug in the master bedroom as my comforter set is grey, and a taupe/grey carpet in the other bedroom/office. Of course, the builder is whitewashing the interior walls, so everything- except the wood floors- will be grey and white. LOL! Except when I bring in my deep brown couch and and rustic coffee table and solid oak desk. Totally will not go but will have to make it work as no room in the budget for new furniture, except a mattress and TV.

Anyway- very good to hear about your house sale and best of luck to you!
I love your color choices. They are similar to my favorites. I love the greys I was planning for my new home, white cabinets, large subway tile backsplash with quartz countertops that look like marble with either grey flooring or white oak. I ended up with off white cabinets with granite multi color on the cream side with travertine backsplash and brown hickory wood floors because it was a quick delivery. To my surprise I like the combo even though my original choices were totally different. Wish I was as lucky as you to have my preferred colors but happy for you.