• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Moving Tomorrow From Our Home of 32 Years

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Well- tomorrow is D Day! We will be leaving our beloved home of 32 years. And Monday is the scheduled closing.

Funny- we moved into our first home in October and we moved into this home during the month of October also. Now we will be moving into the rental tomorrow. October 1st is our wedding anniversary (42 years!). I guess the Fall is our time for change in our lives, though our forever home will most likely be a winter move. Something different. Our son was born in the dead of winter in February.

We will be renting the home of our buyers- a unique situation that I feel was meant to be from the beginning- until our new retirement home is built. These people were the first to see our home- the day after it was listed which was also the day after we signed the paperwork for our new house.

The rain on this Fall day seemed appropriate to set melancholy mood I am feeling. It has been a very long process this buying and selling and packing thing- 4 months. It will continue to be a long process well into next year when we make the second move to our final destination.

It has been exactly one year since I left my job and what a year it has been! Now my husband will be starting the process for his retirement and we will have some hoops to jump through for that. No rest for the weary.

All the logistics involved with me leaving my job and the house thing has been a lot of work and much more work ahead. But it is all good, despite the stress and upheaval.

My husband and I were discussing our feelings on this last evening living in our home. Surprisingly we both are not sad about leaving the house in terms of memories. Most of our memories here were of working- at our jobs and on the house.

Sure- we raised our son here. We had several dogs. We had the holidays and birthdays and parties, and so forth.

But what we will really miss are all the amenities and comforts we worked so hard to make sure we had in this house. It has been like part of our skin- or maybe a shell attached to us describes it better. Everything in the home is a reflection of us. And all the things we downsized out of the house these past few months were too. Now we are leaving it all behind.

The new owners will make this house their own and create their own memories.They are perfect for it and I know they will take good care of it.

And then there is the property, with the stream and bridge and acres of trees and fields, the wildlife- and the quiet. There is a special boulder out in the woods I liked to sit on and just meditate. Like a protective oasis that surrounds our home. We always felt safe and at peace here all these years.

So now we will have none of this. And we will have to get used to living in someone else's home surrounded by boxes left unpacked. We will have to get used to a new area- a new route to the highway, new stores, new services, new people, new scenery. I will be feeling a little naked, a little fearful, a little lost, out of sorts.

It will feel strange, but I know we will adapt and push forward towards our goal of retiring in in NH. What a ride. We are not getting off yet, but we're getting closer.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks for sharing. Sounds similar to our situation when we sold our house of 27 years in San Jose and moved to what we think is our forever home in Las Vegas. It seemed strange at first, but we don't miss the old place and we love our new/current home. It's hard to believe it has already been 4 years for us. Enjoy the experience.

Best regards.

Mike

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Congratulations on this next step in your evolution. You should be very proud of yourself for having come this far. Just put one foot in front of the other, and eventually you'll reach the goal you've worked so hard to achieve.

As to leaving your home of all these years, nobody can touch your memories of what was, and what is. And in your new home you'll make new memories of what will be. That's a different kind of excitement.

Wish your buyers well, knowing they'll come to love your old home as much as you did. It's an equally exciting time for them.

Good luck!
Dave

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Good luck!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Wishing you years of happiness in your new home :)

Thanks. We’re not there yet. Should be sometime after the first of the year is my guess.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
At least you'll finally be able to clear out and clean up 32 years of buying/hording "stuff."
I sometimes tell folks that I'd like to move just so I could put things I wanted where I wanted
... and dispose of the rest.

Last edited:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What a ride you have been on. You shared your sentiments beautifully.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Congrats on getting one step closer to that retirement home and life "after work." You've both earned it.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the first step.
My sister was supposed to close today on the condo she has lived in since she was 18. The deal fell through on Wednesday. She has wasted prime selling months waiting for the sale.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know you're busy today, and sorry I missed this thread last night. I just want to add my congratulations and offer my very best wishes. May your new home give you the peace and tranquility you worked so hard to achieve. It sounds like a unique sales arrangement that was meant to be.

Jim

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Wishing you the best!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Good luck Mary Ann. In some ways your story mirrors ours, just a few years further on the journey (coincidentally, we just celebrated 32 years in our home in July) so I have been very interested in your posts. I wish you much happiness on your journey. I am sure that making your new home special to both of you will be fun. Congratulations!

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Moving is a lot of work. I hope everything goes very smoothly and you forever home is everything you ever dreamed it would be. Congratulations on conquering the next step in your retirement retirement journey!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Thanks. We’re not there yet. Should be sometime after the first of the year is my guess.
It looked like construction was progressing quickly from the pictures you posted a few weeks ago. What is the builder saying now for potential completion date?

Kurt

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Maryann: Best of luck on your new journey and I’m so happy your house sold and you get to downsize to the house of your dreams.

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
Good luck on your first move! As I am reading your post, I am re-living our move almost two years ago.
I guess we are also predestined to move in October. On Halloween to be specific. Four times on
October 31st!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Half way there. Before you know it you will be in your new home my friend and all will be good.

I am right behind you, hopefully will be in my new home in November.

Wishing you the best.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
You set your course and it's all falling into place. I know it's been lot of work, with more to come, but hopefully all will go smoothly from now on! Once you are settled into the rental, take some time for yourself to rest and relax until the house is finished.