• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking System Frustrations

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There's a week that I've been hoping will pop up last minute. Fortunately, it came up for me. I grabbed it and rushed through the reservation (maybe two minutes tops). It wanted me to pay for maintenance fees for the next use year (it was within 60 days, and I needed to borrow points).

I was on the last screen where you submit the maintenance dues, that button processed just fine. I then clicked the "Finalize Reservation" button and there was an error on the page "No units available"...apparently someone else had booked it in that short time.

I checked my credit card and the maintenance fee payment definitely processed (the transaction fee did not). I'm bummed, not only did I not get the reservation (which I was REALLY wanting), but now I've paid the maintenance dues a few months early and my points for that contract aren't available for any other bookings. I do show a credit for the amount paid, but with the shoddy programming that allowed someone to book it while I had it "On Hold", I'm afraid if something else pops up and I have to borrow points, the website will want to charge me again.

It's not the end of the world, but do you think I have much of a chance of getting the dues refunded?

Uggh...I'm a computer programmer, and honestly it's not a bad looking site, and all things considered it could be A LOT worse. However, there are some bugs that really annoy me:

1) The "On Hold" feature really doesn't seem to work...concurrency is hard in programming, but there's nothing more frustrating than thinking you finally got what you've been waiting for to see it ripped away....that is not the first time something like this has happened to me before.

2) Certain results get skipped if you use a large time frame...you can replicate this by looking at at a place with a ton of availability. Extend the time frame and certain booking options no longer display in the results.

3) The option to limit to just LCUP doesn't work.

4) Every time I've tried to make a booking within HRPP it's always wanted me to pay dues first, even if they aren't due for several months.

5) I've never had a wait list request go through...I think this is related to point #4. Because my maintenance fees haven't been paid for my weeks that are in HRPP, I'm thinking I get skipped. Honestly, I'd be 100% fine paying dues early if it meant my wait list requests went through. Fortunately, there have been a couple of instances where I was able to manually book what I had in wait list. Still, I know some of the best options are only available in wait list, and I have zero faith in it.

Anyone else have any issues like this? Outside of the really horrible "Hold" feature, I'm probably most concerned about the Wait List. Anyone else have issues with that? Any other bugs you guys have noticed?

gratiem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali, Hyatt Highlands, Riviera Beach & Spa
Agree that Hyatt site is buggy - this is the reason I don't give it top marks on the owner surveys.

Not "holding" a reservation is incredibly frustrating, but I know other sites that do this too - Southwest does not hold a booking, and I've had flights become unavailable upon the last confirmation page.

Good luck on getting the week you want!

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
@travelhacker I have felt the online system can be glitchy but there's also the issue that sometimes someone could be taking a reservation over the phone from under an online user. I kinda doubt they integrated the two systems to deal well with that contention.