• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchange to Aruba

mrsc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had an ongoing request for the Marriotts in Aruba for May 22,2020. I am using my Custom House and have had an ongoing exchange request going since June. Wondering when most people deposit their weeks? I have exchanged into Aruba before using my Custom House week....am wondering what the delay in getting an exchange is? Am I just inpatient?

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
That should be a fairly easy exchange. There is a 2 bedroom Marriott Ocean Club unit sitting on Interval check in May 25th right now. Did you only request May 22nd check in? With only one check in date you of course limit your chances of getting an early confirmation.

I exchange to Aruba for late May to early June every year even though I am an owner there, too. Over the yrs I have rarely gotten an owner deposit for that time of the year ( for later in the summer, yes. Owners seem to book for July for higher trading power). Marriott deposits units for May sometimes in the fall which they seemed to do today as a matter of fact and then again about 90 days before the check in.

Last edited:

Norcal5

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can you tell if it is an owner deposit or a developer deposit? Thanks in advance!

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
The unit code on II website has H in front of it for developer deposits. For example HZZAA is a 2 bedroom ocean view unit at Surf Club. That is a Marriott deposit. An owner deposit doesn't have the H in front of it so it would just be ZZAA.

Last edited:

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had an ongoing request for the Marriotts in Aruba for May 22,2020. I am using my Custom House and have had an ongoing exchange request going since June. Wondering when most people deposit their weeks? I have exchanged into Aruba before using my Custom House week....am wondering what the delay in getting an exchange is? Am I just inpatient?

My advice is to expand your search to more than one check in date.

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you get your match, mrsc? There was a good sized deposit today of May/June 1 & 2 BR units at Ocean Club in Aruba.

mrsc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't got a match - I can see the week of May 25th - which I am not sure why its not matching with my ongoing exchange request. I have checked my dates.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't got a match - I can see the week of May 25th - which I am not sure why its not matching with my ongoing exchange request. I have checked my dates.
They aren't supposed to match you automatically to a Thursday or Monday, that's likely the reason you haven't matched to it though often they will call you. Your chance of success for a weekend start are still very good using CH but you likely missed the first couple of rounds of deposits putting the request in 11 months out.

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score

Did you manually take the May 25th check in date when you saw it on II? I can see it is gone now. I am not sure if I am understanding right... did you specify to II that you wanted May 22nd only?

mrsc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I took the May 25th check in date. It did not match with my ongoing request which had May 22 - May 25 as check in dates - not sure why it didn't match. Thank you for the alert that the week was available.