• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Myresortnetwork web site change

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I agree, it was much better before.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree.

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Yup

Just checked it out and it sucks.

Hard to make sense of results when searching for resales.

Oh well. Will shop elsewhere then

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Is this a valid and useful site for purchasing? I am thinking of acquiring another timeshare unit, and not sure if this site has actual owners that advertise, or just brokers/resellers. Currently, I watch posts on TUG, eBay and Redweek for units that may be of interest.

VanX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Is this a valid and useful site for purchasing? I am thinking of acquiring another timeshare unit, and not sure if this site has actual owners that advertise, or just brokers/resellers. Currently, I watch posts on TUG, eBay and Redweek for units that may be of interest.

SMTN = sell my timeshare now is another option.

Lots of inventory and we are in the midst of purchasing now so have a bit of experience. Cost of closing is higher than RedWeek.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Not sure who did their web design but they should ask for their money back.

Site is very slow but that seems to be the least of their worries. I entered a resort name in the search field but when I clicked on any of the provided resorts nothing happened. Another issue - I searched for resorts in California and then sorted that list by resort name. I comes up with a list that says "1 to 50 of 285". When I click next the page refreshes and updates to "51 to 100 of 285" but the listing of resorts shown never changes from the very first page.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Their new website must be much cheaper to operate than the old one, which was very user friendly. I have made my last visit.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. The new website needs to be dismantled.

BreakingAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines (1)
Marriott Grande Ocean (4)
I have bought and sold several timeshares on My Resort Network. I am an individual owner and not a broker. I consider it to be very valid site to buy or sell. I would never buy a time share on Buy a Timeshare Now because the resale asking prices are much higher than other sites or from brokers who have their own websites. I would love to be able to sell a timeshare at Buy A Timeshare Now based on advertised prices but I expect the seller doesn't net much after fees.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I bought a timeshare that was listed on the old site and would usually check listings there every couple of weeks. Based on how the site is performing I’ve stopped - it’s just too painful. :(

Sam13789

Reaction score
I am finding new design very modern and user friendly. New Website is responding fast now.

pharmacistking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
SDO
The Grandview Las Vegas
MVC Grand Chateau
SMTN = sell my timeshare now is another option.

Lots of inventory and we are in the midst of purchasing now so have a bit of experience. Cost of closing is higher than RedWeek.
SMTN's pricing is WAAAAAY off. Would never buy on there...Ebay for the win.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I like the change. Just type in a destination or resort and everything pops up. It seems faster to me. Looks better too.

Bill

Peter1187

Reaction score
New website is super awesome. Better than redweek.

New Resort page looks awesome.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I like the aesthetics but it’s really slow. Hopefully by year end, the bugs will be worked through.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Some bugs have been worked out. However, still slow at times and some bugs remain. For example, when viewing all Wyndham's resorts and click next from the list, you never get off the first 50 viewed. Same issue I reported in my first post. Although the page refreshes, and it shows you are now viewing 51-100, you see the same resorts.

I think someone affiliated with My Resort Network is following the thread, which is a good thing. However, and I hate being cynical, I do find it odd that there are two brand new posters from today on this thread touting how great the new website is.

Last edited:

Peter1187

Reaction score
Some bugs have been worked out. However, still slow at times and some bugs remain. For example, when viewing all Wyndham's resorts and click next from the list, you never get off the first 50 viewed. Same issue I reported in my first post. Although the page refreshes, and it shows you are now viewing 51-100, you see the same resorts.

I think someone affiliated with My Resort Network is following the thread, which is a good thing. However, and I hate being cynical, I do find it odd that there are two brand new posters from today on this thread touting how great the new website is.
I believe showing someone else's reviews as fake reviews is just being sadistic. I wrote what i feel about the site. I am finding the site structure and navigation better than previous version. I can only talk about my listings on the site which is working fine. I hope your issues will be resolved soon too.

VanX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
SMTN's pricing is WAAAAAY off. Would never buy on there...Ebay for the win.

Who buys for listed price or even more than 1/3? That’s a pipe dream.

We bought a great deal at rock bottom price. As far as I’m concerned the closing costs are the point of concern. Timeshare is negotiable.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
SMTN charges upfront fees to sellers. I don't think they have changed that.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
SMTN charges upfront fees to sellers. I don't think they have changed that.

In addition to that, they also charge inflated closing costs to buyers. Around $1,000 for a simple transfer that costs $200 with LT Transfers.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I believe showing someone else's reviews as fake reviews is just being sadistic. I wrote what i feel about the site. I am finding the site structure and navigation better than previous version. I can only talk about my listings on the site which is working fine. I hope your issues will be resolved soon too.

Welcome to TUG. I didn’t say the review was fake but said it was odd with two first time posters going straight to that post for a review. I also said that I hated to be cynical but that is because we see shills all the time.

I do not think your post is a shill and I believe you think the website is an improvement. However, since your initial review comes across as a random person liking the new website when in fact you have a vested interest in the website with your multiple listings of timeshares for sale or rent, I don’t think I was off base with my post. My opinion is full disclosure would have been appropriate, which you have done with your second post.

The search problem I pointed out, unless it is happening only for me, isn’t “my issue” as you pointed out but rather My Resort Network’s issue.

My Resort Network was one site I used to look at often when I was shopping for a timeshare. I hope the kinks on the new site are worked out for both the sellers and buyers.

Last edited:

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I don't find MRN's new website to be problematic and I welcome any change.

Ten years ago MRN and Redweek seemed similar to me as far as available inventory. MRN has since fallen behind -- way behind -- at least for the resorts I track (Kierland, Waiohai, WKORV/N). So whatever MRN can do to close that gap is a good thing in my mind, because MRN has otherwise become irrelevant to me.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I also noticed MRN to be less and less relevant, while Redweek is growing. There are also growing sites like Vacation Candy and a new very promising one, Koala. SMTN is big, but I don't like their practices. This segment is becoming competitive.

Reactions: KCO