• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Class Action Lawsuits/Legit?

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have received some Class Action Lawsuit emails in the past.

The latest is for Gap/Banana Republic, etc. I know I have made a purchase on-line and/or in store.

I know it is minor $ - but just curious how does one know these are legit lawsuits. They don't ask for any information other than name, address and phone number. I never fill these forms out. Even if I called, I might not trust any of it.

Many years ago, we did get some shares from Prudential from a Class Action Lawsuit. I don't remember if I filled out any forms or Prudential sent/settled with everyone who had purchased a life insurance during that period of time specified.

We are always offered to cash out or keep the few shares. We have kept the few shares.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

The latest is for Gap/Banana Republic, etc. I know I have made a purchase on-line and/or in store.

I know it is minor $ - but just curious how does one know these are legit lawsuits. They don't ask for any information other than name, address and phone number. I never fill these forms out. Even if I called, I might not trust any of it.

Many years ago, we did get some shares from Prudential from a Class Action Lawsuit. I don't remember if I filled out any forms or Prudential sent/settled with everyone who had purchased a life insurance during that period of time specified.

We are always offered to cash out or keep the few shares. We have kept the few shares.

There should be a website discussing the class action. Most class action forms come in the mail, not email addresses unless the plaintiffs for online matters (ie Amazon purchases).

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

http://www.gfpricingclasssettlement.com/

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I just saw the note I'd made on my calendar -- either spend the $27 gift card they sent me from TJMax/Marshals/HomeGoods, or go online to get a check for 75% of the value by such and such a date. Actually I think the card doesn't expire, just the option of turning it into cash. It seems like we get one class action settlement a year -- I had nothing in my "Pending" folder indicating I had filled something out, so it seems this just appeared on its own. The only one of the three stores I shop at is TJMax, and that's maybe once a year if we happen to be up at that shopping center. I probably even have their cc in the wad of misc cards I keep in a drawer because I'm a sucker for "sign up for our card today and you'll get 10-15% off this purchase". Since I've likely spent $100, I do like a discount!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I was awarded $50 for a tuna class action dealio. The only one that I have been paid on.

I re-sided many homes on a class action where lp siding failed. I re-roofed many homes on a class action where the materials were faulty. The first people paid received enough to redo their homes. Some composit deckings were involved in class action because of bad filler. As time went on the money ran out. I did benefit as did my crews.

Here is a list of class actions. Something for almost every one.

Bill

https://www.classaction.org/list-of-lawsuits

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I was awarded $135 from South Carolina Electric and Gas. I applied online after reading about the settlement and got my check from them within two weeks!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I got a good settlement from I'm almost positive JCPenney's -- over $100. I want to say that someone here on TUG pointed that one out 2-3 years ago. I spent it towards making a "timeshare bed" in our bedroom -- white duvet with tone on tone sheet on top and a plain sheet under, color splash toss pillows and for end of bed.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Prudential class action lawsuit was definitely worth it. And again, I don't remember if I even did anything for it to participate. For $6, I can't be bothered to look for receipts/charge receipt and send. Some are definitely worth it.

thank you everyone!!!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I was awarded $50 for a tuna class action dealio. The only one that I have been paid on.

I am wrong on the $50. I received $2.38 yesterday. It must have been some other class action that paid $50, not the tuna.

Bill

KCC Class Action Services, LLC has sent you $2.38 USD
NOTE FROM KCC Class Action Services, LLC:
quote-left.png
"This amount represents your total payment in the Hendricks v. StarKist Co. Settlement. This payment is the Settlement Benefit to which you are entitled for the eligible claim in accordance with the settlement that has been approved by the Court. If you have any questions about potential tax issues, we recommend that you consult a professional tax consultant. Neither Class counsel, Defense counsel nor the staff at the Claims Administrator can provide you with any tax advice."

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Strictly my 2 cents (which is about what I would expect for my piece of a settlement).

Class action lawsuits exist solely for the financial benefit of lawyers. The truly impacted parties are simply the vehicle that puts money in the attorney’s pockets.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Class action lawsuits only make the lawyers rich. Why bother for pennies.
I actually have received over $3000 twice on class action lawsuits. One was for something my deceased aunt had something invested in and one was with Bank of America so sometimes they do pay off.
Bart