• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recently did 2 RCI Exchanges

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
We decided to go to Philadelphia both to see the history and meet a relative we had never met before. We went to Chester outside of Philly at a Best Western for a few days across from Widener University (a beautiful campus). We did Independence Hall and saw the Liberty Bell then did the hop on hop off bus (not the greatest). We then got our rental car and headed out to Hershey. The timeshare (Hershey Suites) was very nice and right next to the Hershey Park. The park has something like 13 roller coasters but was closing except for weekends at the time we were there.
We like to see the surrounding area so each day we drove about 100-150 miles to all the different cities such as Intercourse. We also drove to a few gourd farms mostly in Amish communities as gourd art is my wife's hobby. We also drove to see her relative.
We then drove to Williamsport because I always wanted to see where the Little League World Series was played and it was as amazing as it looks on TV. It looks like a mini big league park. It always interested me because in Little League 56 years ago we had a pretty good team that I was on but lost to another local team Campbell-Moreland that had a kid named Ted Campbell (6ft at 12 yrs old) that pitched against us. They won I think it was 1-0 and they went on to win the US title.
From there we went to Niagra Falls for a few days then on to Carriage Hills Resort about 2 hours outside of Toronto. They are a Shell Resort managed by Wyndom but without a sales staff. They too were a nice 2 bedroom lock off that was very large and relaxing. We did drive again to the surrounding towns and did Toronto and the Hop on Hop off bus. Again it wasn't too good as they say it takes about 2-2 1/2 hours but was closer to 4 hours because of all the traffic. After sitting all that time we decided to go back without trying to see any of the sites that we saw from the bus. The next day we just stayed in the unit to tired to go do any more driving.
Bart

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Sounds like a great trip and far from home! Love Pennsylvania. Such a beautiful state. We went just before July 4th, and there were orange tiger lilies everywhere in the hills of the Poconos. It's been so many years ago. We need to go back.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I live about 10 minutes north of Carriage Hills/Ridge Resort and the southbound traffic in the morning rush-hour (6am - 9am) is a big problem with using that resort to explore Toronto. Many people, locals and visitors, are now just driving to Barrie (20 mins south of the resort), parking their car (for free) and taking the GO Train that has recently expanded its service. When you consider your gas and commuting aggravation, it is a very worthwhile option. I believe the adult fare is $15.00 and the trip takes about 90 minutes, close to the same time as driving. The train goes into Union Station where access to the Toronto Transit System is just a walk through the station.
For future reference here is the link to the GO Transit page. https://www.gotransit.com/

~Diane

Last edited:

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live about 10 minutes north of Carriage Hills/Ridge Resort and the southbound traffic in the morning rush-hour (6am - 9am) is a big problem with using that resort to explore Toronto. Many people, locals and visitors, are now just driving to Barrie (20 mins south of the resort), parking their car (for free) and taking the GO Train that has recently expanded its service. When you consider your gas and commuting aggravation, it is a very worthwhile option. I believe the adult fare is $15.00 and the trip takes about 90 minutes, close to the same time as driving. The train goes into Union Station where access to the Toronto Transit System is just a walk through the station.
For future reference here is the link to the GO Transit page. https://www.gotransit.com/

~Diane
We thought we read that after summer the train your talking about only goes on the weekend. The train was our plan until we read only on weekends.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
We thought we read that after summer the train your talking about only goes on the weekend. The train was our plan until we read only on weekends.

The GO Train is a year-round commuter train heading south early in the am (05:26 to 07:26hrs) & returning north in the late afternoon (15:40 -18:35hrs) but has recently expanded to the weekends throughout the day all year. After the weekday morning rush-hour there are GO Buses that run from Barrie to about 1 /2 way to Toronto (Aurora) where you would get off the bus and get on the GO Train for the rest of the journey to Union Station, the same in reverse after the last train leaves union Station at 18:35 for the rest of the evening.

It is unfortunate that the Concierge at Carriage Hills/Ridge didn't have the GO Transit information at their desk. I will speak to them
next time I'm over there as I'm sure you weren't (wont be) the only visitors wanting to take a day trip to Toronto from the resort.

~Diane

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
We decided to go to Philadelphia both to see the history and meet a relative we had never met before. We went to Chester outside of Philly at a Best Western for a few days across from Widener University (a beautiful campus). We did Independence Hall and saw the Liberty Bell then did the hop on hop off bus (not the greatest). We then got our rental car and headed out to Hershey. The timeshare (Hershey Suites) was very nice and right next to the Hershey Park. The park has something like 13 roller coasters but was closing except for weekends at the time we were there.
We like to see the surrounding area so each day we drove about 100-150 miles to all the different cities such as Intercourse. We also drove to a few gourd farms mostly in Amish communities as gourd art is my wife's hobby. We also drove to see her relative.
We then drove to Williamsport because I always wanted to see where the Little League World Series was played and it was as amazing as it looks on TV. It looks like a mini big league park. It always interested me because in Little League 56 years ago we had a pretty good team that I was on but lost to another local team Campbell-Moreland that had a kid named Ted Campbell (6ft at 12 yrs old) that pitched against us. They won I think it was 1-0 and they went on to win the US title.
From there we went to Niagra Falls for a few days then on to Carriage Hills Resort about 2 hours outside of Toronto. They are a Shell Resort managed by Wyndom but without a sales staff. They too were a nice 2 bedroom lock off that was very large and relaxing. We did drive again to the surrounding towns and did Toronto and the Hop on Hop off bus. Again it wasn't too good as they say it takes about 2-2 1/2 hours but was closer to 4 hours because of all the traffic. After sitting all that time we decided to go back without trying to see any of the sites that we saw from the bus. The next day we just stayed in the unit to tired to go do any more driving.
Bart

Nice trip report, Bart!
We will be at the Hershey Suites in December and will leave mid-week for an overnight in Philadelphia, staying by the airport at a hotel within walking distance to the light rail SEPTA train. Like you, we will venture from Hershey to the surrounding areas, including Pa. Dutch Country and a big Christmas Light display - Koziar's in Bernville- plus the Hershey Park events. Had friends who were Harley enthusiasts been able to join us, we'd have gone to York to tour the plant.

Toronto traffic is horrendous. We've visited the city several times early this century, but most recently had to drive through it to reach our timeshare trade to Chaudiere Lodge. Even though we left Ancaster after 9am, we still encountered delays and backups.