• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Smithsonian Museum Day Sept. 21, 2019

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score

Smithsonian Museum Day
Sat. September 21, 2019

1. Museum Day is a one-day event in which participating museums and cultural institutions across the country provide free entry to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket.
  2. Participants are allowed to download one ticket per email address.
  3. The ticket provides free general admission on Saturday, Sept 21, 2019, for two people.
  4. Click on link below - Search for a Museum - View list of museums - Select Get a Ticket
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/search/?q=&

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I haven't been to the smithsonian in a few years but unlike many of the other big public museums, isn't the smithsonian always free? I remember in College I took a bus field trip to New York and having grown up going to DC on middle school and high school field trips was surprised that the museums were not free even for students in other cities.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I haven't been to the smithsonian in a few years but unlike many of the other big public museums, isn't the smithsonian always free? I remember in College I took a bus field trip to New York and having grown up going to DC on middle school and high school field trips was surprised that the museums were not free even for students in other cities.

Many are, especially in DC, but outside of DC are lot are NOT free.

Brett

Reaction score

yes, Smithsonian museums are free (but not free 'parking"
Other museums not affiliated with the Smithsonian also participate in free museum day

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score

Museum Day is a one-day event in which participating museums
and cultural institutions across the country provide free entry
to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket.

Participants are allowed to download one ticket per email address.

The ticket provides free general admission on
Saturday, September 21, 2019, for two people.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We did a free admission day 10 or more years ago. The selections may change each year, because I don't see any of the museums listed that we went to then. Had a great time, and we may go to the Museum of Latin American Art on Saturday just because it is so close to us across the bridge into Long Beach. Free is good when my last epidural has worn off and I have limited hobbling ability. Don't mind finding a place to sit while Cliff reads every blessed placard in the museum (going to the Louvre was agony because he tried to figure out the French (which he does not speak or read) description on each object). I saw pretty much most of the Natural History Museum in New York, had a snack, visited the gift shop and potty, then found him still in the dioramas on the first floor. He remembers everything he reads, I remember very little of what I've read, but can tell you about the pottery, jewelry, Audubon prints etc that I enjoyed. So we pretty much go our separate ways so I can get a feel for the whole museum while he dawdles. Except at the Folk Art Museum in Santa Fe. He'll go get a beer at the cafe on Museum Hill after awhile, or go to one of the other museums, while I'm the dawdler.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines

Museum Day is a one-day event in which participating museums
and cultural institutions across the country provide free entry
to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket.

Participants are allowed to download one ticket per email address.

The ticket provides free general admission on
Saturday, September 21, 2019, for two people.
My sister sent me the link. There are so many in my area! At least two I'd love to check out!