• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone had trigger finger surgery

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
i actually have trigger thumb, have had two injections,and have lived with it since February. The ortho said to get the surgery when I am in pain. I few weeks ago the pain started lasting, rather than only bothering me when my thumb snapped. So I am scheduled for the surgery on September 23. Now it isn’t hurting. But I don’t know if I want to go on with my thumb snapping in and out of joint and if I should just get it over with. Of course if surgery goes wrong, I I’ll be sorry I did it. Would like to hear of others experience.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
No. Sorry for you. Sounds painful.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won’t have anesthesia, just local I am driving myself to and from the surgery

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
DW has had 6 fingers/thumbs done, including 2 at once just 3 weeks ago. It is a minor, out patient surgery. They numb you with Novocaine, make a small incision, snip the impingement, and close it with a couple of stitches. You have to go back in 2 weeks to get the stitches removed. She tried cortisone, but that's just a temporary fix. There can be discomfort from the incision and some swelling, but the good news is that you're not allowed to do dishes for 2 weeks. If you're anxious about it, they'll give you something to relax you, but won't let you drive yourself home. It's really not too bad. Go ahead and get it over with.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well no one else to do dishes, or to drive me . I have been through some big surgeries, more worried about healing and picking up my golf game

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well no one else to do dishes, or to drive me . I have been through some big surgeries, more worried about healing and picking up my golf game
DW usually waited until she couldn't stand it anymore, but picked times that were convenient for her. In all her surgeries, within a month, her fingers worked much better than before.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like I am going to have to do some prep for this surgery as I won’t be able to do some things with my right hand foe awhile. I will still have to do driving and cleaning and cooking and all the other things for daily living.
The first time I got the injection, my hand was numb from the injection. I had a hard time getting the car door open, starting the ignition and shifting I had to roll in a Bocce game and my hand was still numb.
I think one of the bigger downers will be not getting my hand wet.

Last edited:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It sounds like I am going to have to do some prep for this surgery as I won’t be able to do some things with my right hand foe awhile. I will still have to do driving and cleaning and cooking and all the other things for daily living.
The first time I got the injection, my hand was numb from the injection. I had a hard time getting the car door open, starting the ignition and shifting I had to roll in a Bocce game and my hand was still numb.
I think one of the bigger downers will be not getting my hand wet.
After a day or two, you can get your hand wet, but you can't submerge it.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
I had trigger finger in an index finger last year. It never hurt, just clicked. It went away by itself after about 8 months. No residuals.

I offer this only as an anecdote. If I had a condition that had been hurting, but now wasn't, I wouldn't have surgery at the present time.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Did my ring finger a few years ago in about 30/45 minutes from walking into the exam room to walking out. Probably as exciting as getting a haircut.

My other ring finger “healed” itself without surgery.

Cheers

Last edited:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
I won’t have anesthesia, just local I am driving myself to and from the surgery
Maybe mine was just local too. In fact that seems more likely. The whole thing was such a non-event that I don't remember details.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for encouragement.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might check with your hospital or surgery center. They may have home aids available for a few days to help out, and Uber can drive you to the appointment. I just had a 'procedure' a couple of days ago and they asked if I needed transportation or even foster care for the dog. We didn't know what was available because we didn't ask. Last winter, I was out of commission for a few days and a local church sent people to shovel a night's snow off the driveway and walks. It was quite literally a lifesaver.

Jim

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have recurrent trigger finger and have had three shots. The doc said three is all he'd do...I would have to have surgery next time I feel discomfort. I do not feel pain, and I hope I never do. It's a creepy feeling where my finger "sticks" when I bend it back or forth. It is my dominant hand, so I am in no rush to have surgery! Good luck to ya!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have recurrent trigger finger and have had three shots. The doc said three is all he'd do...I would have to have surgery next time I feel discomfort. I do not feel pain, and I hope I never do. It's a creepy feeling where my finger "sticks" when I bend it back or forth. It is my dominant hand, so I am in no rush to have surgery! Good luck to ya!
Beginning to think I should postpone, certainty liveable the way it is except for occasional really painful brief bursts.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Beginning to think I should postpone, certainty liveable the way it is except for occasional really painful brief bursts.

This is a very simple procedure. I would have it done on my other finger but before I could schedule it, the problem went away. 30-45 minutes to remove something “really painful” would be an easy choice for me:D.

Cheers

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the surgery on the 23rd.
I drove myself home, prepared lunch and dinner but had to forego the dishes.
I was not to lift anything over one pound with that hand.
On the 30th I played golf, with no problem
Stitches are to be removed Friday, they are bothersome and the area is tender.
909B7A88-8A72-4F4C-B09C-9340241B5F27.jpeg