• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finally I am a Wyndam owner.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought Wyndam and worldmark (both resale) in February. Both thru LT transfers from different sellers. Wyndam account has been finalized. I Registered. I bought 282k points with Flagstaff as my home resort. I'm thinking at this late date I will just deposit the points into rci. Can I use this year's points for next year's vacation without depositing into rci? I already booked this year's vacations with my other timeshares. Where do I need to start? Learning how to use my points? Can I deposit this year's points into rci and start booking next year's vacation with 2020 points now? I am already a member of rci will Wyndam give me a new account or just add on to my existing account and will I now not have to pay a yearly fee to rci?

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
You either use your points before they expire in 3 months or deposit into RCI. If I were you, I would still try to book a few weekend getaways with the points so you get full use of your housekeeping credits and reservation transactions. Depositing all 282k into RCI will only take up 1 reservation transaction and 141 housekeeping credits. The points are only good until Dec.

You only have the first 3 months of a use year to move points forward unless you are VIP.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Of course, they can start booking next year’s vacations with next year’s points using this year’s reservation transactions as well. If you want to make plans for summer, I’d get on it right away.

I think I’ve read that maybe if you give Wyndham your existing RCI account number, they can connect it to your Wyndham account and you wouldn’t have to pay for it separately - but hopefully someone who’s actually done this will come along with the details.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought Wyndam and worldmark (both resale) in February. Both thru LT transfers from different sellers. Wyndam account has been finalized. I Registered. I bought 282k points with Flagstaff as my home resort. I'm thinking at this late date I will just deposit the points into rci. Can I use this year's points for next year's vacation without depositing into rci? I already booked this year's vacations with my other timeshares. Where do I need to start? Learning how to use my points? Can I deposit this year's points into rci and start booking next year's vacation with 2020 points now? I am already a member of rci will Wyndam give me a new account or just add on to my existing account and will I now not have to pay a yearly fee to rci?
Make sure that Your RCI account can be accessed through the Wyndham web site. It usually takes a month to be able to login from Wyndham site. These are Wyndham RCI points once deposited into RCI.

Last edited:

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman

You should call Wyndham right away (not sure which department) and give them your RCI account number and also ask them to get your portal set up online in your Wyndham account. Wyndham then will take over paying for your current RCI account. If you have any years paid ahead, RCI should issue you a refund. In the future when you interact with RCI, anything having to do with Wyndham points (depositing or making an exchange with Wyndham points) you do through the Wyndham portal on the Wyndham website. Any other timeshares you have deposited with RCI, you continue to access through RCI website as before only it’s now paid for by your Wyndham program fees.

Edit to add* And just a note: Wyndham points once deposited into RCI remain Wyndham points. Resale accounts can only exchange on the weeks side of RCI. The currency is Wyndham points (not RCI points). You can deposit multiple times and your points will add together into one points balance.