• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC Brand - platinum elite benefits

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
If I stay in AC booked direct with Bonvoy points do I still get my benefits for being platinum elite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Yes, but there aren't very many benefits at the AC. I think just a $10 F&B credit. It's a nice brand, but not my favorite.

Thanks! Trying to find somewhere within an hour of where we live for just a night away so no other choice, 3 A/C’s. Do they offer late check out or upgrade to room, do you know?

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
All of the rooms are the same. Upgrade might be a higher floor or a different view. I've only stayed in them for business trips and never requested a late check out.

I tried an AC once and wasn't impressed. While fine for business travel where I'm not interested in doing anything outside the room (like a glorified Courtyard), I wouldn't opt to stay there for personal travel. Prefer a Fairfield Inn or Residence Inn with a decent breakfast buffet (and maybe something at night at RIs as well) or a full service property with a Concierge Lounge. ACs kinda remind me of the SPG Aloft brand (modernistic/trendy - which isn't my taste).

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Late checkout should be "guaranteed" though it does say subject to availability. In my limited experience the Autograph collection is very variable in how they handle these issues but some tend to suck in how they treat Marriott guests. Casa Monica in St. Augustine was horrible in this regard (gave them 2 tries one in response to them asking for another chance), OTOH Williamsburg Lodge was great. I've talked to several others by phone (esp Savannah) and by email trying to decide whether to stay there and none of them seemed like they would honor what I felt were standard benefits. IMO Marriott should require a core set of benefits across the board or exclude them from the program. I'd rather have consistency even if it were less benefits.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Late checkout should be "guaranteed" though it does say subject to availability. .
That's for lower levels - for Platinum it is Guaranteed except at resort and convention hotels where availability kicks in.
Had a property deny this. A quick call to customer service and the hotel resolved their "misunderstanding"

From T&C
" 4 p.m. Late Checkout. Platinum Elite Members and above may check out as late as 4 p.m. local time of the Participating Property. Members can request late checkout when making a reservation through central reservations, at check-in, via the mobile app (where available) or at any time during their stay. This benefit is guaranteed at all Participating Properties, except at resort and convention hotels and Design HotelsTM, where it is based upon availability. Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club, and Vistana properties are excluded from this benefit.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
In my limited experience the Autograph collection is very variable in how they handle these issues but some tend to suck in how they treat Marriott guests.
I believe OP is referring to the AC brand, not the Autograph Collection hotels.

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
Late checkout should be "guaranteed" though it does say subject to availability. In my limited experience the Autograph collection is very variable in how they handle these issues but some tend to suck in how they treat Marriott guests.

I've stayed at a handful of Autograph Collection Hotels and had great experiences each time. They've always treated us excellently and make it clear it has to do with CC.

I wish I could remember their names correctly. . . there was Melrose Arch in Johannesburg, the Mayflower in DC, the Circulor Grand in Madrid (I think that was an Autograph) and St. Ermin's in London. Each was unique in its own way. The Melrose is a relatively new property in an extremely upscale neighborhood where they upgraded us to a gorgeous suite and when we checked out to take a side trip to Kimberly for a few days, they made sure the same suite was ready for us when we returned. We neither asked or expected that. It was a wonderful place to stay, way above my pay grade as it may be <g>. St. Ermins is old-school, great London neighborhood and classic in style and treatment. One of the most outstanding breakfast buffets we've ever been treated to. Small rooms, typically British, but everything about it made you appreciate that you're in London. The Circulor in Madrid has rooms with incredible stonework built into the walls running along the ceiling, there must be a name for that kind of thing but I don't know it. The stonework is what I remember the most - another older classic property. The Mayflower is a D.C. institution which when I've been there it's been for business and I never had the time to really enjoy it. Lots of inauguration parties are always held there.

Until I wrote this I hadn't thought of each property as having a distinctive "autograph" but perhaps that's the asset that brings them into that collection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's for lower levels - for Platinum it is Guaranteed except at resort and convention hotels where availability kicks in.
Had a property deny this. A quick call to customer service and the hotel resolved their "misunderstanding"

From T&C
" 4 p.m. Late Checkout. Platinum Elite Members and above may check out as late as 4 p.m. local time of the Participating Property. Members can request late checkout when making a reservation through central reservations, at check-in, via the mobile app (where available) or at any time during their stay. This benefit is guaranteed at all Participating Properties, except at resort and convention hotels and Design HotelsTM, where it is based upon availability. Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club, and Vistana properties are excluded from this benefit.
Correct, thanks for clarifying further.

I believe OP is referring to the AC brand, not the Autograph Collection hotels.
OK, I guess I'm not familial with those.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct, thanks for clarifying further.

OK, I guess I'm not familial with those.
Yes, the AC Brand has been established in Spain for a long time and is a welcome addition to Marriott.
It is towards the budget end of the Marriott brands, but in Spain anyway it does provide basic, quality hotels often with some character in very useful locations.
In more recent times, it has expanded into other regions e.g. the US

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the AC Brand has been established in Spain for a long time and is a welcome addition to Marriott.
It is towards the budget end of the Marriott brands, but in Spain anyway it does provide basic, quality hotels often with some character in very useful locations.
In more recent times, it has expanded into other regions e.g. the US
Thanks for the information Barry.

sea&ski

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in an AC in Venice. Very convenient to the train station, and yet off the beaten track. We received a suite night upgrade, it was a very nice room and the breakfast had many "a la carte" yet quality choices. We rec'd platinum elite recognition, but it is points or breakfast. Breakfast seemed the better deal. Yes, you will get night credits.

Kim R

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in the AC Santo Mauro in Madrid a few years ago. I don't remember the elite benefits but it was one of the finest hotels I've ever visited.
My hubby, son and I stayed in this hotel in 2015. We knew we would have to pay an 85€ charge for the third person. They upgraded our room which we assumed was a Platinum benefit. We were charged 120€ for the upgrade in addition to the 85€ extra person charge at checkout. The folio my hubby signed (after an overnight flight from the US) had no rate listed. We had spent a LOT of points for that night and combined with the 205€ we had to pay, it was a very expensive night. We enlisted Marriott’s help to fight it via our credit card but were not successful. I would never recommend Madrid San Mauro even though it is a beautiful hotel.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
That’s it they are AC not Autograph Collection. Within an hour of me on Bonvoy
114adebf070d8983cca06f0f265c1177.jpg
eeb70412920f6a1d2729da456f75a3df.jpg
they are the only options I get!