• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Nuevo for Family Reunion Vacation

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Our family of 24 just finished our annual vacation at Ko'Olina and now starting to plan for 2020 :whooopie:

We are thinking Mexico for our next destination and thought Grand Luxxe would be a good fit given the age group ranges from 5 years old to possibly 80+ years old. With this many people, we will need multiple units and was hoping fellow tuggers can give their thoughts and feedback on the following:

- How accommodating is GL in keeping multiple units in the same building? This is super important to us since we take turns cooking breakfast and meals. We are not owners

- A contact at Vidanta or GL for room requests and reservations

- Are the resort golf carts frequent? Is it on demand at Grand Luxxe?

- Does Vidanta honor the unit type booked via II and/or RCI?

- Any tips regarding booking? I have access to II and RCI

If you have alternate resort suggestions in PV/NV area, please let me know

Thanks in advance!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Our family of 24 just finished our annual vacation at Ko'Olina ..plan for 2020 :whooopie:
We are thinking Mexico for our next destination and thought Grand Luxxe would be a good fit given the age group ranges from 5 years old to possibly 80+ years old. With this many people, we will need multiple units and...
Thanks in advance!

1)Given the units needed number of folks - I think GL NV is likely your best option in PV/NV .
The only negative is the resort fee per unit ; however the net $ cost is probably comparable to Ko’Olina .

2) Availability at Vidanta is generally good post Easter . SFX is also a Vidanta “partner” and you may wish to contact them and negotiate what you can deposit for what they can get you . All 3 exchange systems are accessing developer inventory and (IMO) Vidanta has the “ same week” listed with all .

3)Getting one building could be a complication . All ownerships are float week / float unit and different
GL unit sizes are specific to certain buildings . TUG member Eric B has posted information on which
GL buildings have which units sizes .

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
Hello All,

Our family of 24 just finished our annual vacation at Ko'Olina and now starting to plan for 2020 :whooopie:

We are thinking Mexico for our next destination and thought Grand Luxxe would be a good fit given the age group ranges from 5 years old to possibly 80+ years old. With this many people, we will need multiple units and was hoping fellow tuggers can give their thoughts and feedback on the following:

- How accommodating is GL in keeping multiple units in the same building? This is super important to us since we take turns cooking breakfast and meals. We are not owners

Thanks in advance!

I have coordinated a family reunion for the end of this month at the Nuevo Vallarta Grand Luxxe location (We will have around 30 people, ages 4 to 70). I have 2 two bedroom units, 1 three bedroom unit, and 1 four bedroom unit at the Grand Luxxe (also 1 two bedroom unit at the Grand Bliss). I am personally not interested in getting all the units in one building (which would be impossible in my case) or in buildings close together. I want each unit owner to request the building/unit type they are most interested in. You should have the option to ride the resort shuttles between buildings if folks don't want to walk. You can also arrange to have food and other items transported for you. The resort has big containers they use to transport your groceries to your unit from the main entrance. These containers can also be used to transport between units I would think.

If you agree to their timeshare presentation you can probably negotiate having all your units close together at least.

Note that room assignments are handled by the sales department so you will have to go through them if you want to request certain buildings/units.

Vidanta does not honor the unit type booked via II or RCI.

I reserved most of my units through II but one of them via RCI. All units were reserved when the mandatory fee was $11 per person per day.

I have heard that the golf carts are on-demand at the Grand Luxxe but I don't know that for a fact.

I will be providing a detailed review on how my family reunion went when I get back focusing on any issues encountered with carrying on a family reunion at the resort.

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Thanks in advance!

I did this a few years ago. With that many people the odds of you all getting into the same building at Grand Luxxe, are not very high, IMO.
Just consider yourself lucky if you can get all the rooms you need, LOL. I believe I ended up getting (4) 2 BR units and a studio scattered all over the place. 2BR and Studio in GL (same building, diff. floors), 1 GB, 2 GM. I used SFX as I didn't want to pay the excess fees (or have anyone else pay them) for RCI (did not have II at the time). I think we had 24 or 28 people in the whole party (and I was also doing the plane ticket reservations as well --AUGH).

The concierge email I can dig up, but to be honest, I don't think it matters anymore. Sales assigns the rooms now, so if you don't attend the presentation you'll get what they give you more than likely. Although if you're going in "low season" I'd say your odds increase of being located closer to each other (again, may be diff. floors, etc.)

When we went, even though it was "high" season they had a lot of empty rooms and the golf carts ran frequently although sometimes we ended up waiting 15-20 minutes for one so it was easier to just walk to where we needed.

Yes. However, in Nuevo Vallarta there are two types of studios for GL. One has a kitchenette (microwave, sink, fridge) and one just has a fridge (no sink and no microwave). You don't know what you're gonna get. Of course, I got the one with just the fridge, LOL.

With the what, $680 extra fees for a 2 BR, I'd honestly try to use SFX if I could. $75 resort fee is much better, IMO vs. $680. But I don't know what units you have to deposit. When I booked I'd deposited 2 weeks and used bonus weeks as well (for each week I deposited they gave me 2 bonus weeks as that was the promo at the time). Bonus weeks w/SFX are cash-only based upon the size of the unit and how far out you book. Although for GL, SFX charges $299 in addition (for both exchanges and bonus weeks) as it's a higher end unit.

However, Nuevo is a big resort and will provide lots for everyone to do so I think you'll be happy if you can get all the rooms you need (even if not in Grand Luxxe).

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks All for the tips. Will explore SFX as well as I have some deposits I need to use. Plan is to go next May so hopefully the shoulder season will help with availability. I also found the previous threads on the units which I am posting the link below for reference for others come across this post.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...xxe-nuevo-vallarta.284038/page-3#post-2257096

I own at Garza Blanca in PV and can get multiple units there. Thoughts on GL versus Garza for this trip? I have been to PV/NV multiple times but have only stayed in Garza and Villa La Estancia which is a lot smaller than the Vidanta complex since I personally prefer smaller intimate resorts. Thoughts on Garza Blanca versus Grand Luxxe for this trip?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have coordinated a family reunion for the end of this month at the Nuevo Vallarta Grand Luxxe location (We will have around 30 people, ages 4 to 70).

I will be providing a detailed review on how my family reunion went when I get back focusing on any issues encountered with carrying on a family reunion at the resort.

Hi HenryT, how did the vacation go? Would love to hear about your experience at GL

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The hardest units to get for an exchange at GL NV are the 4 bedroom units. However, they are all in the same building, so you would all be together if you were able to get those.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The hardest units to get for an exchange at GL NV are the 4 bedroom units. However, they are all in the same building, so you would all be together if you were able to get those.

Thanks, I haven’t seen a 4BR in Interval ever for NV. Probably not likely to get 3 of them

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to to break TUG sightings rules, but there are lots of May Interval Getaways in Grand Bliss, if that would work.

Vallarta's Restaurant "Week" is the last two weeks of May, which is a fantastic time to explore the great restaurants in the area!

Flasher42

Reaction score
I have seen 4 bedroom units at GL on interval. They come and go fast. Presently see 3bedroom units on shoulder season.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
Hi HenryT, how did the vacation go? Would love to hear about your experience at GL
It went very well. I forgot to write a review though. I will try to write a review this weekend.

Thanks for the reminder!