• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beware of Timeshares4u

arlock

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I won an auction from the seller Timeshares4u. Description says no PayPal, PayPal policy states no timeshare or real estate/transactions ( https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp...cy-regarding-the-sale-of-real-property-FAQ799 ). So after fighting with them for 4 days to get an address to send a cashier's check, as allowed by the item description, I finally got one. They then instituted an unpaid item strike, because I refused to use PayPal. He refused to communicate through ebay until the end, insisting that communications take place by private email. So now I have to wait for them to receive the check, and hope they return it to me. He was also very rude when I told him I had already paid.

Warsantino

Reaction score
Where are they located. Curious because it sounds look a crook from Texas who has been ripping people off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arlock

TUG Member
Reaction score
It doesn't say as to to the seller, but the closing company is in Branson, MO.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a few successful purchases from them, did pay via PayPal so I didn’t have the issue you described.transfers did go through and I did get a prompt refund when 1 was rofr.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is an issue that you should have negotiated before you bought it.

arlock

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is an issue that you should have negotiated before you bought it.

There was nothing to negotiate. Listing expressly said no PayPal. After the auction was over they sent a request through PayPal, and then were snarly when I pointed that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VV at Parkway
Thanks... I was wondering about them. I saw some of their ads on Ebay. From what I have gathered JJTimeshares and Sumday are good. Are there any others? I will double check the Timeshare company thread as well!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Reaction score
FYI, the owners of SumdayVacations are members of TUG. I've tried to buy some HICV resort weeks from them (less than $1), but both times, the resort took the weeks in ROFR.

TS

Rich S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert, Marriott Grand Chateau, Grand Solmar at Land's End
Maybe they are being run by someone different now. Like SB2313, I too bought from them and paid with PayPal. I bought off eBay and the transaction went well without any hiccups. My transaction occurred in January 2016 for what its worth.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Maybe they are being run by someone different now. Like SB2313, I too bought from them and paid with PayPal. I bought off eBay and the transaction went well without any hiccups. My transaction occurred in January 2016 for what its worth.

Since this thread is three months old with no new information, I'd be curious how things worked out.

Dave

Rich S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert, Marriott Grand Chateau, Grand Solmar at Land's End
Since this thread is three months old with no new information, I'd be curious how things worked out.

Good point Dave now you have me wondering....

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
tochoa on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/usr/tochoa25 was easy to work with....I didn't buy from them but tried to....

I'm working with these folks now (early days) and all seems good. One thing I note is that the majority of their eBay listings have 0 bids, and often end with 0 bids. In fact, the one I'm working on went that way and I contacted them after and offered a reduced price.

Maybe this is just their MO? Or should this strike me as odd.

Cheers.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes these eBay transactions are never completed OR they take forever to complete.

I would only do an eBay transaction if the seller would allow my to use LT Transfers to handle the transaction at my expense. Their service is so superior to most of all these Postcard sellers.

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm working with these folks now (early days) and all seems good. One thing I note is that the majority of their eBay listings have 0 bids, and often end with 0 bids. In fact, the one I'm working on went that way and I contacted them after and offered a reduced price.

Maybe this is just their MO? Or should this strike me as odd.

Cheers.

They take timeshare trade ins from developers and try to unload them. They end up with quite a few stinker properties it looks like.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I purchased from them. Zero issues.