• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] Resale wait times?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the recent times for transfers? I know what they say but how is it really going?

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Mine took 12 weeks to transfer.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the recent times for transfers? I know what they say but how is it really going?
I have 2 In process right now 1 selling 1 buying, Will let you know how they both work out.

Last edited:

WingRider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA & Panama City Beach
I purchased 3 CWA contracts in mid May via Ebay. We mailed the signed/notarized closing documents for contract 1 back to Wyndham on 6/18. Per my last conversation with someone in the Title Dept, that contract was submitted for final transfer on 6/24. It transferred on 8/21, ~8 weeks later. Closing docs for contracts 2 and 3 were submitted for final transfer on 7/1. I'm still waiting for them to transfer; expecting it to occur at any time.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased 3 CWA contracts in mid May via Ebay. We mailed the signed/notarized closing documents for contract 1 back to Wyndham on 6/18. Per my last conversation with someone in the Title Dept, that contract was submitted for final transfer on 6/24. It transferred on 8/21, ~8 weeks later. Closing docs for contracts 2 and 3 were submitted for final transfer on 7/1. I'm still waiting for them to transfer; expecting it to occur at any time.

So how long did your closing company take to submit the first paperwork to Wyndham? So as far as I can figure, you have to have your closing documents in and then Wyndham needs to send the assignment and assumption agreement and then after that goes back in they will start the transfer proceedings. So how long did it take for Wyndham to send the A&A?

WingRider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA & Panama City Beach
The contract that transferred: I won the EBay auction on 5/16. Received the closing docs from Wyndham on 6/18. Mailed them (signed/notarized) back the next day. I assume the seller returned theirs promptly because Wyndham states they had everything on 6/24.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting.

I have an A&A going out and they are telling me that it will take 10-12 weeks for the A&A to be sent out and another 10-12 weeks after it is returned to them. That being said, I ordered two estoppels and they told me 10 business days. I received them the next day.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting.

I have an A&A going out and they are telling me that it will take 10-12 weeks for the A&A to be sent out and another 10-12 weeks after it is returned to them. That being said, I ordered two estoppels and they told me 10 business days. I received them the next day.
Standard answer from Wyndham is 10 days on receiving a estoppel letter. Wyndham can mail them USPS taking up to 10 days to deliver. if you request Wyndham will email the copy which is usually received in 1 or 2 days. I have had a few take longer but most are received the next day when requesting a emailed copy.

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
Bought and paid for 238k on dec 7th 2018, finally completed at the end of may 2019. Long process. bought on ebay.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought and paid for 238k on dec 7th 2018, finally completed at the end of may 2019. Long process. bought on ebay.
Usually in the time frame you described Wyndham is at their slowest to transfer ownership. How long did it take to get Wyndham all necessary paper work or If it was a deeded ownership when did Wyndham receive the recorded deed and $299 resort transfer fee?

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
My most recent transfer just completed about a week ago. It took about 6 months once Wyndham had it. (I won the ebay bid in Nov last year, but the deed didn't get to Wyndham until sometime early this year.) Not sure what the hold up really was. The reseller claims that Wyndham has been making resale transfers very slow and difficult for a few smaller sellers right now, and that supposedly they plan to continue with slowing down resale transfers across the board going forward. I don't know if this is true, but it's what the reseller claimed, and I have heard similar rumblings from some other owners as well. I never had an experience like this with my other resale contracts.

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
My most recent transfer just completed about a week ago. It took about 6 months once Wyndham had it. (I won the ebay bid in Nov last year, but the dead didn't get to Wynham until sometime early this year.) Not sure what the hold up really was. The reseller claims that Wyndham has been making resale transfers very slow and difficult for a few smaller sellers right now, and that supposedly they plan to continue with slowing down resale transfers across the board going forward. I don't know if this is true, but it's what the reseller claimed, and I have heard similar rumblings from some other owners as well. I never had an experience like this with my other resale contracts.

Who was the reseller? I've heard that about Missouri companies.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
It was Vacation Properties for Less out of Ft Lauderdale.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I am in the process of transferring one out. Today is week 11 (they received the paperwork and deed on 6/24). They finally agreed to put a rush on it. Said to call back in 7-10 days for a status.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
My family had a gratuitous transfer - actually not a transfer but instead just removing my dad’s name from a deed and leaving my brother & SIL - all paperwork sent to Wyndham in February. Transfer not completed by Wyndham until early August!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I am in the process of transferring one out. Today is week 11 (they received the paperwork and deed on 6/24). They finally agreed to put a rush on it. Said to call back in 7-10 days for a status.
I’m in the process of buying two and the signed purchasing agreement etc. were sent to LT Transfers today. I’ve already received an email from them saying with their current workload, it will take them 3-4 weeks to complete all the transfer documents. Add Wyndham’s time to complete the transfer and I’m guessing January, possibly later before I see the points.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m in the process of buying two and the signed purchasing agreement etc. were sent to LT Transfers today. I’ve already received an email from them saying with their current workload, it will take them 3-4 weeks to complete all the transfer documents. Add Wyndham’s time to complete the transfer and I’m guessing January, possibly later before I see the points.
If it is a deeded ownership once Wyndham receives the recorded deed and $299 transfer fee it is taking 10-12 weeks for Wyndham to transfer it internally. That's if no mistakes were made preparing or notarizing the recorded deed.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
LT Transfers is handling mine as well. As far as I can tell, they did everything right. Wyndham got the paperwork and deed on 6/24, and the deed passed Wyndham's deed review process on 7/16.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
LT Transfers is handling mine as well. As far as I can tell, they did everything right. Wyndham got the paperwork and deed on 6/24, and the deed passed Wyndham's deed review process on 7/16.

So what is this extra step?

It used to be you paid them $299 and they transferred the account. Then CWA and the A&A step dropped in. Now it is this "approval" stage.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

It used to be you paid them $299 and they transferred the account. Then CWA and the A&A step dropped in. Now it is this "approval" stage.
A Title Services rep told me that the deed [contract] review in Richelle post is legal.
All transfers now go through Legal Division review first before Title Services starts the actual transfer as in the past. I believe the main focus of the Legal Department extra step is to stop any backdoor VIP arrangements as they scrutinize the contract ownership history along with clearing any deed filing being correct. In Richelles example 6/24 to 7/16 was the timeframe it took for the Legal Department review before handing the actual transfer off to Title Services

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
A Title Services rep told me that the deed [contract] review in Richelle post is legal.
All transfers now go through Legal Division review first before Title Services starts the actual transfer as in the past. I believe the main focus of the Legal Department extra step is to stop any backdoor VIP arrangements as they scrutinize the contract ownership history along with clearing any deed filing being correct. In Richelles example 6/24 to 7/16 was the timeframe it took for the Legal Department review before handing the actual transfer off to Title Services

But when they approved one of my resales, it seemed to have reset the clock. Paperwork that had been received in January was approved and then put back at the end of the line. Of course I had other issues in the way, but that was their story.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
But when they approved one of my resales, it seemed to have reset the clock. Paperwork that had been received in January was approved and then put back at the end of the line. Of course I had other issues in the way, but that was their story.
Correct you get inline for Legal Department review, then you get in a new line with Title Services
That’s why Richelle reports two dates on the transfer process

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

It used to be Then CWA and the A&A step dropped in. Now it is this "approval" stage.
Nothing has changed for deeded ownership transfers. You send a recorded deed with a check for $299, Wyndham then transfers the ownership internally.
Deeded ownership: It is as follows Once Wyndham received A recorded deed and the $299 resort transfer fee.
1) Received all paper work and transfer fee
2) In process or being reviewed
3) Approved or waiting to be transfered.
And the last one which puts everything back to step one with Transfer company preparing a corrected deed for recording and sending back to Wyndham to start the clock over again from Wyndhams side.
4) Deed rejected and sent back to be corrected and rerecorded

Time frame has always varied some I have had some transfer in less then 4 weeks others took over 6 months.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct you get inline for Legal Department review, then you get in a new line with Title Services
That’s why Richelle reports two dates on the transfer process
If you have a contact in title they can move it along faster or hold it up if needed also. It also helps if Wyndham is the buyer then everything moves at warp speed.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Since this is my first resale purchase, would you mind briefly listing Wyndham’s internal process so I know what to expect? I just mean the steps they go through, not an estimated timeline.