• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Upgrade problems

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am having issues with my upgrades. I've had three reservations upgrade to ADA units. The system does not tell me that it is ADA. I've received two roll-in shower units and one hearing impaired unit. Ironically, I had another reservation upgrade at GC but that one was clearly marked as a hearing impaired unit (so I canceled it.) I'm not a big fan of having children use units with the roll-in shower because the bathroom floor stays wet for so long. I even had to move after one night's stay because they needed the unit.

I also received a call day of check in at GSL to tell me that they did not have a 3 bedroom deluxe pool view unit so I had to downgrade to a 2 bedroom deluxe. If I was showing up with 10 people, I would have been screaming.

This is a problem. So I've spent just over 100k points and they are returning 15,000 to me. Hmm.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
My belief is if you obtain a VIP upgrade it needs to be honored. When you receive a confirmation for an upgrade it the same as if you booked the larger unit. Like you said, if you are upgraded to three bedroom and show up with a family of 10 what do you do? It's on Wyndham to provide you with accommodations for 10. This hasn't happened to me, but I know it has happened to others.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I just had an upgrade not at NYC Midtown. Room was for a 2 BR Presidential and only a studio was available. I cancelled the reservation and was given 10K goodwill credits. Definitely concerning, not sure what we can do about it :-( I have called to confirmed other reservations more diligently now, hoping to avoid any checkin surprises.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
And it happened again.

I arrived at Bonnet Creek for my 4 bedroom Presidential Reserve unit and I was told that it was overbooked and they had to put me in tower one, NOT in a PR unit which should be tower 6.

This makes #5 in less than a month. My biggest problems happen when I book in the 14 day window. It is almost a given that it won't be correct.

LDBEH

Reaction score
I smell a rat...and the problem is that there is no recourse for owners who suffer Wyndham's inability to maintain a serviceable product and are accountable to noone to do so.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Last time I stayed at Bonnet Creek (2 years ago for the owners meeting), we were supposed to have a 3 BR Presidential Reserve. We were in a 3 BR Presidential. It was a very nice room, and still in Tower 6, but they made the switch without saying anything. It felt a little on the shady side at the time.

Sorry things keep getting messed up for you!

Last edited:

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between a 3 or 4-bedroom presidential and a 3 or 4-bedroom presidential reserve?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Presidential Reserve units are all on the upper floors of Tower 6. Every building has 4 bedroom presidential units.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last time I stayed at Bonnet Creek (2 years ago for the owners meeting), we were supposed to have a 3 BR Presidential Reserve. We were in a 3 BR Presidential. It was a very nice room, and still in Tower 6, but they made the switch without saying anything. It felt a little on the shady side at the time.

Sorry things keep getting messed up for you!

So weird. Maybe I work in the 14 day window too much. Or maybe most people don't check in 13 times in the same month. I thought for sure that they wouldn't get me this time. I was wrong. I have another reservation in a couple weeks. That one upgraded to a 2 bedroom hearing mobility so I cancelled that one and booked again. Then it upgraded to a 3 bedroom deluxe. I will definitely be calling to say "NO MOBILITY!" They say that it can upgrade to a different category than what you booked. I just don't see how they can get away with assigning it to an unmarked mobility.

At any rate, I will open another ticket. It was only around 33K for my 5 nights in the 4 bedroom PR, but if I had booked it non-VIP, it would have cost around 185k. I would have been screaming mad then.

At least they gave us access to the PR lounge. Of course we have to walk like a half mile round trip just to get a cup of coffee. lol