• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott SwapsTinyToiletries For More Sustainable Options

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Let me throw out something: Marriott Intl made the announcement. Our timeshares are under Marriott Vacation Club. Are we sure that when Marriott Intl. (the hotels?) snaps its fingers or makes an announcement that it automatically applies to Marriott Vacation Club (VAC) ?

At this point I think that there are two separate companies. The hotel group made the announcement. Does anyone know if the timeshare company is going to follow suit?
I suspect if MVC uses the same product/brands as the hotels, they will likely convert too. I don't know if they source the products from the same place or if MVC buys the products from Marriott International. Many hotel properties are independently owned, but they use a common supplier, so they will switch over.

One good thing if MVC properties get rid of the mini bottles, any cost savings will be passed on to us, the owners, in our MFs:rolleyes:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

BreakingAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines (1)
Marriott Grande Ocean (4)
So because you don't like them, it means no one should be able to use them? How do you drink straight from a glass at a park or sporting event? I have had to do it and it is a PITA.
My wife has used reusable glass straws for about a year. She bought three thinking they may break but they are very sturdy. They come with a brush to clean them. They really improve the taste of the beverage compared to plastic or paper. The improved taste makes cleaning them worth it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I cannot stand that First Crush product at the Marriott resorts just about everywhere we have stayed. They are by Sonoma, and the quality of the products is not good. The lotions feels waxy.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not saying they should not have something, I was just a little unclear of your stance. Technically DVC went to charging for extras (and towels) a number of years ago but they do a midweek trash and towel (schedule varies based on length of stay). And recently they've started checking the rooms daily. We enjoy having something that's of reasonable quality, it's just that the ones in the US we've seen outside HI did not measure up. I can't remember the Aruba products. The other item that is important to my wife is shower gel but most timeshares don't supply that.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Thanks. I'm not saying they should not have something, I was just a little unclear of your stance. Technically DVC went to charging for extras (and towels) a number of years ago but they do a midweek trash and towel (schedule varies based on length of stay). And recently they've started checking the rooms daily. We enjoy having something that's of reasonable quality, it's just that the ones in the US we've seen outside HI did not measure up. I can't remember the Aruba products. The other item that is important to my wife is shower gel but most timeshares don't supply that.
To be more specific, when we travel and stay in timeshares, or in a hotel for a multi-night stay, I used "most" of my own products. That includes shampoo, conditioner, and body butter. I also like shower gel, but I don't bring that with me. I will use the soap provided, and in some cases I'll bring a bar of soap (which has come in handy when all we're given are those tiny little bars).

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To be more specific, when we travel and stay in timeshares, or in a hotel for a multi-night stay, I used "most" of my own products. That includes shampoo, conditioner, and body butter. I also like shower gel, but I don't bring that with me. I will use the soap provided, and in some cases I'll bring a bar of soap (which has come in handy when all we're given are those tiny little bars).
I remember our first Marriott stay at HP where we were blindsided they didn't provide pool towels so we had to go out and buy a few. Now they do.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
So it doesn't matter to you either way or even if they remove them completely?
I never use their products. Ever. :) I bring my own shampoo/conditioner/body wash on every trip. But I know that I'm the weirdo, so it would be a big deal for others if shampoo/soap were eliminated altogether, but personally I'd be fine with it.

I don't care about Coke/Pepsi either because I'm on team Pellegrino. ;)

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
I never use their products. Ever. :) I bring my own shampoo/conditioner/body wash on every trip. But I know that I'm the weirdo, so it would be a big deal for others if shampoo/soap were eliminated altogether, but personally I'd be fine with it.

I have to admit, the new Essenza line looks interesting. The tangerine and wild strawberry flavor caught my attention. Will have to give it a try sometime.

2246-main-s-pellegrino-essenza-flavored-mineral-water-tangerine-wild-strawberry-330-ml-24-loose-pack-composite.png

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

For us we're trying to pack as light as possible, esp if we're flying. We're generally not checking a bag so both volume and size is important to the plan. Thus we never take shampoo or conditioner with us and only a minimal amount of body wash for Kim. So as long as they have something workable and it's of reasonable quality, we're happy.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
I certainly don't have a problem with a company making a change like this that allows them to still provide the toiletries, but at a lower cost that has a positive impact on the bottom line. I would certainly want any company that I owned stock in to look for ways like this to positively impact shareholder value. But the important thing is they can do this, save money, and have a positive environmental impact act at the same time. Plastics area HUGE and increasing environmental issue , so if trying to save money leads to positive environmental impact, I'm all for it. There are many other things companies are forced to do, or sometimes choose to do to help the environment, that actually COST them money. So, when there is something like this that positively impacts shareholders AND helps the environment, I call that a big win-win.

This forum is about problems. Take your optimism and positive opinion elsewhere.

:)