• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Information on voting for 2019?

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
i checked on Wmowners.com and all I could find was 2017. I included my vote for 3 years but can’t remember the years! Does anyone have an formation on the vot g?
Thanks

Anita

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
As far as I know, WMOwners has yet to select a candidate to endorse. Myle Hammond - who they endorsed the past three election cycles - did not run this year.

If you assigned your proxy to WMOwners in 2017 or 2018, then your three year proxy to WMowners will still be in effect for this election. If you assigned to them in 2016 - but not since then - it should expire right before the election, as it is for three years, and not three election cycles (since most people sign the proxy prior to the current election).

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
As far as I know, WMOwners has yet to select a candidate to endorse. Myle Hammond - who they endorsed the past three election cycles - did not run this year.

If you assigned your proxy to WMOwners in 2017 or 2018, then your three year proxy to WMowners will still be in effect for this election. If you assigned to them in 2016 - but not since then - it should expire right before the election, as it is for three years, and not three election cycles (since most people sign the proxy prior to the current election).
So really no info? Is the website wmowners.com now unused?
Anita

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I think management is still analysing and discussing the decision.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
The comment about wmowners.com being unused is not accurate. WMOwners is still an active forum with very dedicated volunteer moderators and daily postings. Yes, some of their mojo has been displaced by Facebook groups - a trend I suspect plays out with most BBS style forums.

I personally visit the site at least every other day, and it is still a very useful site for WM info.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Well I asked questions on that forum and no one answered. I have assigned my proxy to WM Owevers Inc. on line but haven't received any confirmation email yet. Is this normal?

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
Well I asked questions on that forum and no one answered. I have assigned my proxy to WM Owevers Inc. on line but haven't received any confirmation email yet. Is this normal?
The confirmation email from the WorldMark Proxy service goes to the email address you entered in the form.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The confirmation email from the WorldMark Proxy service goes to the email address you entered in the form.
Thank you! It went into my Junk mail folder. Forwarded it to WM Owners Inc.

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The comment about wmowners.com being unused is not accurate. WMOwners is still an active forum with very dedicated volunteer moderators and daily postings. Yes, some of their mojo has been displaced by Facebook groups - a trend I suspect plays out with most BBS style forums.

I personally visit the site at least every other day, and it is still a very useful site for WM info.
I think the death knell for anti-Wyndham groups in WorldMark was the passage of the restated bylaws in 2016.

Passing the bylaws required an affirmative vote from 25% of the total voting power in the Club, not just a majority of votes in the election. 25% of all owners voting to approve something in most any timeshare is next to impossible, because not enough owners vote. How many timeshares struggle just to get a 15% quorum?

What was particularly interesting about the 2016 election is that it revised the election process. If an owner objected to that or just objected to the fact that it was an up or down restatement of the bylaws instead of individual votes on any changes, that owner would have voted against the bylaws restatement.

What happened instead is that the Vote-No-on-bylaws-restatement-groups were steamrolled by more than 80% of owners who voted and passed the bylaws restatement, exceeding the 25% minimum of the total vote power.

This despite 3 Owner communications sent to all owners with an email address on file during the election process; most of the communications decried the bylaws restatement.

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the death knell for anti-Wyndham groups in WorldMark was the passage of the restated bylaws in 2016.

Passing the bylaws required an affirmative vote from 25% of the total voting power in the Club, not just a majority of votes in the election. 25% of all owners voting to approve something in most any timeshare is next to impossible, because not enough owners vote. How many timeshares struggle just to get a 15% quorum?

What was particularly interesting about the 2016 election is that it revised the election process. If an owner objected to that or just objected to the fact that it was an up or down restatement of the bylaws instead of individual votes on any changes, that owner would have voted against the bylaws restatement.

What happened instead is that the Vote-No-on-bylaws-restatement-groups were steamrolled by more than 80% of owners who voted and passed the bylaws restatement, exceeding the 25% minimum of the total vote power.

This despite 3 Owner communications sent to all owners with an email address on file during the election process; most of the communications decried the bylaws restatement.

I fail to see how you correlate the 2016 by-law restatement to being a death knell for anti-Wyndham groups.