• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What’s your favourite vacation picture (without people in it)?

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Here’s mine. Reminds me of a lazy coworker I once had to work with many moons ago. Cute little fella. This was taken in Kauai

113fb31bb6a201be68a7c8831b0679c6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Alpenglow at Bear Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park while on a ranger led sunset walk. June 2017.

For some reason the photo will not upload. Oh well......

Weird because I can post it on Facebook no issues.

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
IMG_1251.JPG

April 14, 2015 -- Ka'anapali Beach Hawaii -- It had been misting all day long but at sunset we were rewarded with a fantastic view

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Anuenue.png

North Shore Kauai, while strolling at Tunnels Beach early one morning in 1988. A quick squall passed over, creating a striking rainbow over Maniniholo Bay at Ha'ena State Park with Makana Ridge in the background. This was before I was using digital cameras and I can no longer find the original slides from this period, so all I have is this fairly low quality scan of the slide done years ago.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Gliding on a ferry from Gudvangen to Flam, Norway, on the "Norway in a Nutshell" tour from Bergen to Oslo.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
7CE14AE2-D9EB-4DFC-87FC-58849285BC98.jpeg

Caught the rainbow while sitting on our lanai on Molokai.

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
17D41A08-04C8-4846-9A66-D76C06FD8C30.jpeg
X

May 2019 we had a riverboat trip through France. I was surprised to find it included an evening at The Louvre after hours for 100 of us split into small groups with a docent. I have always avoided it because of the crowds. Needless to say it was fabulous.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
111812.jpg

Sturgeon Lake, Minnesota, chosen as my avatar. It was a picture-perfect day with some of the bluest sky I'd ever seen.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Here’s mine. Reminds me of a lazy coworker I once had to work with many moons ago. Cute little fella. This was taken in Kauai

113fb31bb6a201be68a7c8831b0679c6.jpg

Did you really take this photo yourself? If so, are you aware that it is being used by the Hawaiian Monk Seal Research Program as their Facebook cover photo?

https://www.facebook.com/HMSRP/

Be honest, you can't take credit for this photo unless your real name is Charles Littnan.

https://blog.marine-conservation.org/2015/01/big-blue-blog-monk-seal.html
Hawaiian monk seal rests on beach. Credit: Charles Littnan/NOAA

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
We were eating dinner at Duke's Beach House Maui and a sailboat came by just as I was taking a picture of the sunset.

2016-08-17 18-49-59.JPG

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you really take this photo yourself? If so, are you aware that it is being used by the Hawaiian Monk Seal Research Program as their Facebook cover photo?

https://www.facebook.com/HMSRP/

Be honest, you can't take credit for this photo unless your real name is Charles Littnan.

https://blog.marine-conservation.org/2015/01/big-blue-blog-monk-seal.html
Hawaiian monk seal rests on beach. Credit: Charles Littnan/NOAA

He did not claim he actually shot the photo. Although it implies that? Good catch!

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
He did not claim he actually shot the photo. Although it implies that? Good catch!

That’s right. I just said it’s my favourite photo. And no I didn’t say I took it.

It’s hanging on my wall though. It just amazes me every time I look at it. I have taken close up pics of the monk seal but this one intrigues me.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That’s right. I just said it’s my favourite photo. And no I didn’t say I took it.

You said it was a favorite vacation photo. But it really isn't a vacation photo, it was taken by a researcher. You certainly implied that it was your own. I am not even sure if it was taken in Kauai. Proper credit should have been noted under the photo.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
BTW, every time we do picture sharing, I am blown away at the depth, clarity and beauty of the shots all you share.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
You said it was a favorite vacation photo. But it really isn't a vacation photo, it was taken by a researcher. You certainly implied that it was your own. I am not even sure if it was taken in Kauai. Proper credit should have been noted under the photo.

I honesty never knew who took it frankly. But I knew it was taken in Kauai. It was shared with me while I was in Vacation in Kauai studying the monk seal. We were taking shots of the seals and a friend told me this one was the best one he has seen. That’s why I never said I took it. However, if I do I would say that and if I knew who exactly who took it I would say that as well.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
From our recent Norway cruise. Please forgive me for posting two.

i8U5gHY.jpg

Trollfjord

mq0NHyl.jpg

Trondheim

Last edited:

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is hard to pick a favorite picture. This was taken on my favorite day of skiing ever. Taken at Mad River Glen in VT. A big snow had come through a few days earlier and we got a couple inch refresh with no wind. It was a fairy land and beautiful.

upload_2019-9-3_12-26-39.jpeg

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Well- since my favorite picture refuses to upload and I cannot figure out why, I am trying for this one. Not my favorite pic but my favorite place in Vermont - view from South Hero Island of Lake Champlain. I took it through the car window so there is a little glare showing.
20264900_10212562852459362_6409542354032311558_n.jpg

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
A glorious October day in Tuscany, 2018, just one from among our 11 days in Italy.
Weather was pristine, 68 degrees, as it's supposed to be "under the Tuscan sun".
I fell in love with the amazing serenity and beauty of the countryside, and especially with olive tree groves,
and here's a good one.

What is there to say about this picture?
Words aren't necessary.
The day was a pure delight, and something I'll always remember.
I have a hundred more gorgeous photos, one of which I already shared in another thread, but I'll refrain for a while. :)
We spent 4 nights in the most beautiful city in the world, Florence, and each day was as amazing as the one before.
I dream about it still.

upload_2019-9-4_19-24-14.png