• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

After Dorian, any news from Harbourside?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The headline is the question

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I believe @CPNY is at Harborside now.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I was wondering if they evacuated people from Harborside into the convention center as they normally do, but I guess not this time. Haven't heard from anybody.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I was wondering if they evacuated people from Harborside into the convention center as they normally do, but I guess not this time. Haven't heard from anybody.
Based on what I have seen on satellite views, I suspect they never saw TS force winds.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Amazing to hear that NAS stayed open, that the winds weren't that bad, given Harborside was roughly 120 miles south of that monster storm.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I believe @CPNY is at Harborside now.
Yes I am here! Today was overcast with some wind and heavy rain at times. Last night we had a lot of rain and thunderstorms, with extreme lightning. The island of new providence experienced flooding and loss of power. I believe the whole island is still out. Atlantis and Harborside on generators. Only two places were open for food for lunch, Murray’s and god awful marina pizza lol. Only one Starbucks was opened this morning due to many employees not able to make it to work this morning. The Harborside experienced no damage or flooding. The winds never really picked up to be damaging. There was flooding in the tunnel leading from the bridge to the royal towers with all the rain last night but was cleared out this morning. Fathoms restaurant over at the atlantis also had some flooding which makes sense since it’s right off the lagoon. Other than that all should be clear. My thoughts and prayers really go to those in Grand Bahama and Abaco.

Hoping tomorrow clears up a bit more and all should be good by Wednesday. Last I heard they airport was closed because there was no power and all flights cancelled. I was able to fly in yesterday in the outerbands of the storm. The flight was actually smooth all the way in I was shocked. We were delayed because one of the flight attendants refused to go and they got a replacement. (A pregnant girl). On the way off the plane I told the captain he did a great job but she saved us lol.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
6C0AA4B7-CA0E-4C7D-8916-84668BFD168A.jpeg
5036D7B3-68E4-43B9-B3FC-E316FFAC203E.jpeg
48ABCD47-B4D4-409A-97E2-C29266635589.jpeg
77B49E15-334D-4DAA-99BA-01E89ED4B212.jpeg

You can see some rain but mostly overcast with the sun trying to peak through breaks. Not much wind until a band passes through. (I love the view from my room) lol. I hid some provisions in the room from May but they weren’t here this time. Guess they really go into crevices lol

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
No. There was no need. Sustained winds never went above 15-20mph. There were gusts in the 30s-40s during the outer bands but they were quick.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Based on what I have seen on satellite views, I suspect they never saw TS force winds.
No we haven’t maybe gusts during the storms in the bands that came through yes, but def not sustained winds.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
View attachment 13781 https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/weather-information
I thought about you today! As I was going to the gym was running through my head that we shouldn’t have to pay since it’s an amenity that royal towers guests have haha. Luckily they weren’t checking anyone In. Hope it’s like that all week!!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
2B6502B6-F53C-44B6-94D3-06223DBBC34B.jpeg

More heavy winds and rain coming through with a band. More flooding in Nassau possible

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am glad you are safe

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
6354F2A6-0EDB-4B6E-A61F-17CBB013119D.png
I am glad you are safe
Like a dummy, I was outside getting shots of lightning. Missed a huge bolt in the marina. I got my behind inside!!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
IMG_1139.JPG

You were lucky! I was there about 4 years ago after a hurricane pushed the beach up into this stair well! That sand is like 3 feet deep.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
If you're familiar with this spot, you will know how much of the beach was GONE! This is the beach access from that pool that's connected to the lazy river, between Beach and Coral towers.