• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort disappointment

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
We are new owners at this resort, and were unable to use our 1st reservation, last week, due to a new grandbaby arriving.
We sent our friends and they reported that:
They arrived at 4 pm and were told there were no units ready. They did not get into a unit until after 7 pm. They were told to use the pool but no offer of any compensation was made. There were lots of people waiting around and many were irate.
The unit was dated and moldy
The hotel portion of the 3BR smelled awful. Maintenance came during the week and cleaned the a/c unit but it did not help
The floors were filthy.
The entire unit was not cleaned well.

I am embarrassed that I sent my friend there with high hopes. We toured the resort just after we purchased (did not stay there) and were shown a beautiful, updated unit.
My friend spoke with an owner there, and he told her the resort has been going downhill in the past few years.

I am disappointed as I was hoping that my family would be able to use the 3BR every summer in the coming years.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I had four different families who stayed there and were extremely happy with their units, and all in the last four weeks. One guest was considering a retail purchase, and I told him not to buy Wyndham points.

Maybe your friends are pickier than most? Did they talk to people at the front desk and ask for a different unit? I have no idea why they had a dirty unit because housekeeping issues, well there is no excuse for that.

We do own in the Presidential units, so those might be nicer, I am not sure if there is a difference between the two. Was it a 3 bedroom?

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had four different families who stayed there and were extremely happy with their units, and all in the last four weeks. One guest was considering a retail purchase, and I told him not to buy Wyndham points.

Maybe your friends are pickier than most? Did they talk to people at the front desk and ask for a different unit? I have no idea why they had a dirty unit because housekeeping issues, well there is no excuse for that.

We do own in the Presidential units, so those might be nicer, I am not sure if there is a difference between the two. Was it a 3 bedroom?

Yes, it was a 3 BR Presidential Unit.
I am wondering if the condition of the unit had to do with multiple units not being ready on time - housekeeping staff issues - not doing a thorough job?
Their biggest complaint was that the unit smelled very moldy. They were told there were no other units available.

We will go with the family next July. I hope we have a better experience.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
That's disappointing. I am sorry your friends had issues.

We visited the resort ourselves last month, didn't see the units, but the grounds are beautiful, and so are the amenities (pools, etc.). I was pleased with what I saw.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
do you remember the unit number??.. I am several others here are owners and don't like to hear such issues considering the MF we pay. I have stayed there myself on many occasions and have not seen this issue. (several times was during annual HOA meeting so that may have be an different time than in july during high season)

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
do you remember the unit number??.. I am several others here are owners and don't like to hear such issues considering the MF we pay. I have stayed there myself on many occasions and have not seen this issue. (several times was during annual HOA meeting so that may have be an different time than in july during high season)
She said she was in building 238 units B2 and B2h.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
If not mistaken I believe all the Presidential villa units have been upgraded.. (more or less) or at least that was told to us at the annual HOA meeting in March this year. I wonder if anyone was contacted to complain.. I know it sometime hard to get to someone as well.. you talk to the front desk and they just parrot what is told to them from the housekeeping folks and sometime it gets lost in translation..

Sorry to hear that happened as well.. I Know the Manager Dave Nelson and staff try to prevent such things from happening.

I would suggest the owner reach out to Dave and let him know what happend.. won't help now but he will know and can address this with staff.

we own 232 A1 and A2 (3 bedroom lock out) has been a great place to own and visit .