• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott SwapsTinyToiletries For More Sustainable Options

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Happy to see that Marriott will save millions while being "more sustainable". I'm sure they will pass the savings down...lol. But how long before these pump bottles are tamper with?

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll have to finally buy some shampoo at Walmart in a few more years. ;)

I'm actually more upset over the Marriott elimination of regular straws... have you tried to drink a frozen drink out of a PAPER straw??? :eek:

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I hate they are doing this. I actually take and give to toiletry drives for the homeless.
Plus I don’t believe in communal sharing w/ strangers.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I'm glad to see this too. I always bring my own anyway (I have a preferred brand, lol). I've been refilling my little bottles for years. So if you are worried about safety just throw them in your bag. It becomes second nature after awhile.

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We always take our own toiletries, as I have developed rashes from provided toiletries. But we too have taken the small bottles for the benefit of charitable organizations in the past. Guess we can just buy some now.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I'm actually more upset over the Marriott elimination of regular straws... have you tried to drink a frozen drink out of a PAPER straw??? :eek:

For me it’s even worse for some of the Marriott hotels that have switched to boxed water containers. I just can’t get over cardboard-infused water.

Reactions: jme

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
And of course the worst from an SPG/Starwood perspective is when the swap from Coke products to Pepsi products occurred. Those of you with the legacy Marriott properties were already used to this.

I'll take a Jack & Pepsi....no one has ever said. ;)

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
First World Problems ;)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
For sure

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Happy to see that Marriott will save millions while being "more sustainable". I'm sure they will pass the savings down...lol. But how long before these pump bottles are tamper with?

I must have an evil mind. How soon before someone plants something in these large bottles? What about public safety? Is the cleanup crew going to swip the out side of the bottles with disinfectant? Remember the Tylenol scare of a couple decades ago?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I must have an evil mind. How soon before someone plants something in these large bottles? What about public safety? Is the cleanup crew going to swip the out side of the bottles with disinfectant? Remember the Tylenol scare of a couple decades ago?

One of the stories I read indicates the bottles will be tamper proof and will not be refilled but will be replaced when empty.

Even though it seems like only yesterday, the Tylenol tampering case was nearly 37 years ago!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney is going the same route.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
“It’s a huge priority for us,” he continued. “Our guests are looking to us to make changes that will create a meaningful difference for the environment while not sacrificing the quality service and experience they expect from our hotels.”

Who are they kidding, this has little to do about sustainability. Same with hanging your towels if you plan to reuse them cards. It is all about saving money for their bottom line. They don't mention that in the article. Call me cynical, but it is a money saving move with the cover of PR.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I’ll miss the little bottles. I haven’t purchased shampoo in ages. Then again one bottle of the store brand will last me for over a year.

I’ll have to get use to packing my own again. This past June in Reno we ran into the “new” way. I didn’t like it or find it convenient plus, I can’t read the labels without my glasses.

Right now I think this affects only the hotels but I’m certain it will eventually encompass the timeshares as well

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ll miss the little bottles. I haven’t purchased shampoo in ages. Then again one bottle of the store brand will last me for over a year.

I’ll have to get use to packing my own again. This past June in Reno we ran into the “new” way. I didn’t like it or find it convenient plus, I can’t read the labels without my glasses.

Right now I think this affects only the hotels but I’m certain it will eventually encompass the timeshares as well
It will be introduced into the MVC timeshares, in Asia anyway, in 2020.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Celebrity Cruise Lines went to these tamper proof bottles about two (2) years ago. EGO friendly.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
What is wrong with someone, a corporation, trying to save money.
Nothing at all, but just be honest with us and call it what it is. Nowhere in the article did they mention how much they would be saving.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
This was in the Maui newspaper a few days ago, I think Thursday's paper. We were not surprised to see the article. It's kind of old news.

We were at a Residence Inn in Atlanta and had the dispensers. The products were good quality. I count on the body wash at these places. The body wash at Westin Nanea was really nice.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
What is wrong with someone, a corporation, trying to save money.

Because they not providing the real reason, if they cared about then environment then there's plenty more they can do across the organisation.

We stayed at the Townplace Suites at Miami airport last year. When we came down for breakfast we were appalled at the waste. Paper plates, plsatic utensils, plastic cups, plastic everything, nothing was recycled, it all went into the same bin, food waste and all (as it was the food was so appallingly bad we gave up and never returned). My wife tweeted Marriott in response to their claim about their care for the environment but unsurprisingly didn't receive a response.

As for plastic straws, good riddance. I haven't drunk with a straw since I was a child, what's wrong with drinking straight from the glass? Does anyone drink wine, beer, tea or coffee through a straw?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I prefer the little bottles and I agree that if some in Marriott are seeing this mainly as a cost saving exercise that would be rather disingenuous.
However, if the environmental benefit is as significant as they say, I am well prepared to accept the change.
“When fully implemented across the globe, our expanded toiletry program is expected to prevent about 1.7 million pounds of plastic per year from going to landfills – a 30 percent reduction from current amenity plastic usage. That’s the equivalent of about 500 million tiny bottles per year.”

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
As for plastic straws, good riddance. I haven't drunk with a straw since I was a child, what's wrong with drinking straight from the glass? Does anyone drink wine, beer, tea or coffee through a straw?
So because you don't like them, it means no one should be able to use them? How do you drink straight from a glass at a park or sporting event? I have had to do it and it is a PITA.

Last edited: