• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Manor club

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why are studios showing at MMC? Did something change that I didn't know about? They were all 2 bedroom lockoffs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Why are studios showing at MMC? Did something change that I didn't know about? They were all 2 bedroom lockoffs.

The 2BR lock off consists of a studio and a 1BR. Like most of the Marriott properties with 2BR lock offs. I just did a search in II and I don't see any studios listed under MMC, but there are plenty under MSE, which is the sequel side with the lock off units. Did one come up during an OGS?

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here it is. This resort used to only have 2 bed non lockoffs

Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony
MMC

Unit: TOGV (Studio)
Week: 27

Sun, July 05, 2020
Sun, July 12, 2020

Last edited:

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They may be getting rid of the MSE designation. As an aside, they don't even offer 2BR on MSE when booking with Vacation Club points. You have to get a studio and 1BR. Same thing via Marriott/Bonvoy reservations on line

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just talked to an interval agent. She said there are studios at the original side. I don't think so. Hmmmmm...I've been there 7 times, stayed both sides, and there are no lockoffs on the original side. Am I out of my mind?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Just talked to an interval agent. She said there are studios at the original side. I don't think so. Hmmmmm...I've been there 7 times, stayed both sides, and there are no lockoffs on the original side. Am I out of my mind?
The agent is wrong/misinformed.

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
MMC

Sun, July 05, 2020
Sun, July 12, 2020

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will be in a studio on the MSE side just like I'm in as I type this response. I can promise you that no additional buildings have been erected and no walls have been knocked down to make lock off units on the original side. Now.....if you are lucky enough to get a 2BR unit on the original side, good for you.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
MMC

Sun, July 05, 2020
Sun, July 12, 2020

I would suspect that Interval International did make a mistake as it should have been MSE. Funny thing is that they've been exchanging these for 20 years or so..... Why does it suddenly come up now?

But, as Big Matt said, if you end up with a Two Bedroom then you're way ahead of the game!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
call the front desk at MANOR CLUB and inquire.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I took the exchange. What do you think will happen?
Best case scenario is as others stated, you'll be in MSE. But it's possible there won't be a unit at all. I'd see what comes up when you list it under your Marriott account and if there's still a question (ie it doesn't show it as the Sequel or you can't tell), I'd call.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Best case scenario is as others stated, you'll be in MSE. But it's possible there won't be a unit at all. I'd see what comes up when you list it under your Marriott account and if there's still a question (ie it doesn't show it as the Sequel or you can't tell), I'd call.
I don't think Marriott.com distinguishes between the original section and sequel. They just show it all as one property.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The current view photos of the Manor Club is a mixture of photos of the MSE (Sequel) and the Original section on the Marriott's website.