• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hurricane Dorian - Does anyone have ACs they aren't using?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
None of those places are a good idea, not even HHI. You want further inland.
Yeah, based on updated projected track. Center of cone looks like a direct hit on HHI.

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought that might be the case. Don't think any of the others it pulls are within driving distance, the closest is Branson. Not sure if all ACs pull the same. Lots of other places if a person can get a flight.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought that might be the case. Don't think any of the others it pulls are within driving distance, the closest is Branson. Not sure if all ACs pull the same. Lots of other places if a person can get a flight.

I have had as many as 7 different types of ACs at once that all pull differently.

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today it looks like it may hit pretty hard in South and North Carolinas. I have 2 AC's if any one needs them.

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
Does anyone have access to an AC somewhere heading inland a safe distance from Hilton Head? I rented my Hilton Head week in last minute rentals on TUG to a family from Indiana. They just checked in this evening to find that a mandatory evacuation of all the coastal Carolina counties has just been ordered by the governor effective tomorrow at noon. I hate to think of them having to drive all the way home again tomorrow.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have access to an AC somewhere heading inland a safe distance from Hilton Head? I rented my Hilton Head week in last minute rentals on TUG to a family from Indiana. They just checked in this evening to find that a mandatory evacuation of all the coastal Carolina counties has just been ordered by the governor effective tomorrow at noon. I hate to think of them having to drive all the way home again tomorrow.

I have 3 and looked today at resort on the list. Some were central North Carolina. They would need to hear the options and approve the resort. It’s going to take some time to go through the list with them, they will have the cost of the certificate and guest certificate. If you find out that they’re seriously considering doing this you can send me a PM and we can begin working on it in the morning.

Otherwise they should look at their route home and pick a hotel before they’re full. Charleston WV is our halfway point coming from Michigan.

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
I have 3 and looked today at resort on the list. Some were central North Carolina. They would need to hear the options and approve the resort. It’s going to take some time to go through the list with them, they will have the cost of the certificate and guest certificate. If you find out that they’re seriously considering doing this you can send me a PM and we can begin working on it in the morning.

Otherwise they should look at their route home and pick a hotel before they’re full. Charleston WV is our halfway point coming from Michigan.
Thanks, sending you a pm.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
These AC's are not the perfect answer. Options are dwindling on the charts probably because of inventory is being booked up. I tried calling twice and both times the call was disconnected after I put in my member number. I got a message saying "Welcome to Genesis" and then the call disconnected.

jojo777

TUG Member
Reaction score
We live in a mandatory evac. zone on the atlantic coast of FL. While we're all set for our accomodations, I'm sure others won't be. I have seen some units come up here and there for Orlando, and they are cheaper on AC than on getaways. I'm thinking that if people have ACs they aren't using, it might be good to offer them up to others who may be able to use them for storm units. Please move this post if this isn't the correct board for it.

I HAVE A COUPLE. I'VE NEVER USED ONE. ANYONE IS WELCOME TO IT

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally got through to an II rep. We checked NC, TN and IN. Nothing available before 9/14.

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I finally got through to an II rep. We checked NC, TN and IN. Nothing available before 9/14.
Thanks so much for your efforts.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Just saw this post. If anyone wants any I have 28 available to be used. Free to whoever needs them.