• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hurricane Dorian - Does anyone have ACs they aren't using?

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
We live in a mandatory evac. zone on the atlantic coast of FL. While we're all set for our accomodations, I'm sure others won't be. I have seen some units come up here and there for Orlando, and they are cheaper on AC than on getaways. I'm thinking that if people have ACs they aren't using, it might be good to offer them up to others who may be able to use them for storm units. Please move this post if this isn't the correct board for it.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
We have one that must be used for checkin by 9/29... send a PM if interested.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Also have AC if someone needs it!

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I also have one that I will not be using

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I have one that expires Oct 6th, Free to anyone that needs it...

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
I have 2 AC’s we won’t be using.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Plenty of availability with the ACs for this weekend start. Also an option for those that are platinum is the platinum escapes special going on now. Not marriotts, but even lower cost than most ACs

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice of all if you, love Tug

AnnieBets

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check the rentals offered. Tschwa2 had a couple of 4 night rentals for evacuees.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh that's awesome. Off to check now for my kids' violin teacher. Thanks.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I have several, Christine, if you have someone who needs to evacuate.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 2 friends who are "waiting to see". I'm sure that is going to turn into a sheer panic situation. Don't know if any units will be left then, AC or otherwise. We live on a sand bar in the open Atlantic lol.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems more are being added than taken. I think we will continue to see same day check-ins all the way through Monday. There used to be a way to see check-in's for previous days that went empty but I don't know if we can still do it anymore. I think it had to do with the retrade option when it was first added. I will play around with it and see.

Last edited:

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
I was thinking after seeing the new prediction the storm will come in around Melbourne?? and head up through orlando and up the east coast.. but I guess that is better to be in a concrete and steel building than being in a house on the coast. GOOD luck to all.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking after seeing the new prediction the storm will come in around Melbourne?? and head up through orlando and up the east coast.. but I guess that is better to be in a concrete and steel building than being in a house on the coast. GOOD luck to all.

That new track updated at 5:00 is a pretty big change. If it moves another couple clicks north it will stay in the Atlantic and hit the east coast further north in other states. It is way to early to tell. It is a much higher chance that it will change again multiple times than it will stay on the exact predicted track.

Back to the current track though, a cat 4 skimming the coast all the way up is evac time. You do not want to be in a beach house.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That new track updated at 5:00 is a pretty big change. If it moves another couple clicks north it will stay in the Atlantic and hit the east coast further north in other states. It is way to early to tell. It is a much higher chance that it will change again multiple times than it will stay on the exact predicted track.

Back to the current track though, a cat 4 skimming the coast all the way up is evac time. You do not want to be in a beach house.
Yeah the five day on this thing is huge. They really have no idea where the the storm will go. Center of cone is right up the east coast of Florida. That would be very bad. Let's hope is tracks further east but the next best would be to come straight onshore. As you said, a cat 4 skirting the coast is bad. It won't lose as much strength and there are many more people in a direct path.

flnewbie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smoketree Lodge, Banner Elk NC, Cranberry Gold Resort, Ontario, Canada Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Williamsburg
I have one as well
Eligible Travel Dates
30 Aug 2019 - 29 Sep 2019
Expires
06 Oct 2019
Unit Details
3 BedroomsSleeps 8 Total, 8 PrivateFull Kitchen
Status
Unredeemed

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have one. Just checked now and it will pull HHI for Saturday check in. Not sure how far north in FL is safe, but it also pulls Daytona beach, New Smyrna and Fort Meyers, all with Saturday check ins

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have one. Just checked now and it will pull HHI for Saturday check in. Not sure how far north in FL is safe, but it also pulls Daytona beach, New Smyrna and Fort Meyers, all with Saturday check ins

None of those places are a good idea, not even HHI. You want further inland.