• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale Points for newbie :)

pharmacistking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
SDO
The Grandview Las Vegas
MVC Grand Chateau
Hello

Looking to buy resale. What number of points would you recommend for a first buy?

We vacation 3-5 weeks a year. 2 BR is preferred in most case.

Regards :)

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
In what system?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello

Looking to buy resale. What number of points would you recommend for a first buy?

As a resale owner, you will have access to the resorts listed on page "I".

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1819/index.php#/12

Choose some of the resorts you might want to visit. Look at the points charts for the size and season you want to vacation. Add up a year's worth.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I would say at least 400k pts. 128k can get you 2BR at most places.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Hello

We’ve had 450k for the past 4 years and we get anywhere from 22-35 nights, mostly in 2 bedrooms and occasionally in Presidentials.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
If you can afford the purchase price of WorldMark, you should look into owning 50/50 in both systems. This is something I personally overlooked my first year of ownership because I didn't calculate the cost of a WorldMark stay vs. a Club Wyndham stay. Worldmark on average in about 30% cheaper compared to CWA, but has a higher buy in cost. My input is 200,000 Wyndham Points paired with 20,000 WorldMark and I even live on the East coast. My savings are when I visit Orlando/Daytona/Ft Lauderdale within the Club and also having the ability to trade with II (can't do that with Club Wyndham). If you fully purchase into Club Wyndham, you will never be able to trade it for a Marriott, Hyatt, Westin or Sheraton. Also, you only need to deposit $760 worth of points + pay the exchange/membership fee and stay in a Marriott for $300-$800 cheaper than the Marriott owner.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I would say at least 400k pts. 128k can get you 2BR at most places.
...depending on when you want to travel. Prime time will cost more than 128k for a week in a 2bdrm. But at some of the older resorts shoulder season and off-season, you could get for 128k or less.

Last edited:

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Your original question was quite short. I'm curious about whether you know a lot about what a Wyndham (or any other) timeshare involves. Which I don't say to discourage you, but just to find out how much you know about it. I mean it is a commitment and it's incumbent on you to know the ins and outs of the timeshare experience and the obligations you would incur. Maybe you do already.

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
"IF" you could live with 5 day vacations....sunday through Friday, you could basically cut your POINTS needed in half. Food for thought. I bought 238k points last year and this year had a 4 nights in Nashville, 7 nights in Oceanwalk Daytona, 6 nights at Cypress palms in Kissimmee and 5 nights smokey mountains. ALL were 1BR deluxe except smokey mountain was 1 BR studio. Used 237650 points, leaving 350 points. Pretty damn close. Of course 2 BR are about TWICE the price!

pharmacistking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
SDO
The Grandview Las Vegas
MVC Grand Chateau
"IF" you could live with 5 day vacations....sunday through Friday, you could basically cut your POINTS needed in half. Food for thought. I bought 238k points last year and this year had a 4 nights in Nashville, 7 nights in Oceanwalk Daytona, 6 nights at Cypress palms in Kissimmee and 5 nights smokey mountains. ALL were 1BR deluxe except smokey mountain was 1 BR studio. Used 237650 points, leaving 350 points. Pretty damn close. Of course 2 BR are about TWICE the price!

Excellent point. We are flexible for short stays on the east coast. Flights are easy. I have pretty much calculatet that 300-350 is the target.

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)
Hello

HIGHLY depends on WHERE you want to go and WHEN. For example...I own a 326,000 contract at Clearwater and that amount of points will only get you a full week in a 2 Bedroom Deluxe or 1 Bedroom Presidential Suite. We typically book the entire week of my kids springs break.

Now for that same 326,000 points I could stay almost 3 full weeks in a 2 Bedroom Deluxe at Bonnett Creek (inside Disney World Parks) starting Thanksgiving Week and those are really nice rooms.

I wanted Clearwater Spring Break and that drove the amount of points I purchased...but after getting into the system and learning about where else we'd like to go I now understand they value of traveling off peak and find some gems like Bonnett Creek being Value Season during Thanksgiving.

Later on I decided to pick up a resale contract for ARP at Myrtle Beach after learning from other users when you own at one MB resort you get ARP at all MB resorts with one exception I think...so I found value in that and made a resale contract purchase at Ocean Blvd.

I would spend some time looking at where you want to go in Wyndham's system and in particular the points charts and get a good idea of when you might travel and let that drive the number of points you want.

Also you may consider if you need or want ARP at certain resorts but that can take a while to get a feel for if you need ARP based on you looking to see what's available 10 months out versus what would be available 13 months out.

Clearwater books super fast and has just barely over 100 units. Bonnet Creek has many many units and high availability so getting a 2 bedroom booking is easy...so unless you are looking at Presidential Suites on peak times you wouldn't need ARP at Bonnet Creek.

The users here can help you answer questions like that on particular resorts and have helped me greatly.

Clearwater Points Chart Below (not much difference on off peak times)

Clearwater Points Chart.jpg

Now check out the difference in points in Bonnett Creek between seasons...Value Season is almost half the cost of Prime Season. Thanksving falls in Value season so we escape colder weather for that week at little point cost to us.

Bonnett Creek Points Chart.jpg

Last edited:

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
231000-308000 to start out with. Learn to use it, then add more if needed.