• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner Update - How many points?

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORV offered us 20,000 for owners update. Should I wait for better offer? How many you get?

tperleberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John and Harborside
Harborside at Atlantis
We got 20,000 at SVV in March

KevSki

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got 20,000 at Lagunamar this month.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Perhaps the norm now. With VSE coming under the MVC umbrella, they have indicated they want to bring their incentives in line with each other and this seems to have been a consistent number offered by Marriott over the years.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
March 2018 - 45,000 points (Nanea)
July 2018 - 30,000 points (Westin Riverfront)
April 2019 - 30,000 points (Nanea)

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
February 2018 - 100,000 points (Marriott Manor Club - $900 3-day Explorer Package)
May 2018 - 30,000 points (Nanea)

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are told at WKORV 20,000 is for Owners but if you are targeted and called Owner Select they will offer 30,000 points. Guess they think some owners are more likely to fall for the pitch.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We picked 2 golf rounds + $100 Marriott Visa at Shadow Ridge presentation in Feb.
We are offered $250 Amex card, 600 DC points or 35K Bonvoy Points this week at Newport Coast. I am leaning towards accepting 35K Bonvoy points instead of 600 DC as we always seem to be needing Bonvoy points since we have stopped electing SPG/Marriott/Bonvoy points for our timeshare after the devaluation post hotel merger.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
We were offered 15000 at the Kauai Beach Club today.

Not very motivating.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Offered $100 at Westin Lagunamar. Refused, then offered $125 resort credit.

dss

TUG Member
Reaction score
WPORV offered us 20k Marriott points. The catch is now they are requiring you to sit through a full 90 minute presentation where in the past, for the same about of SPG points (roughly 6k), they permitted you to attend a 45 minute owners update that was far less intensive. We declined, and were very glad we did. 90 minutes of precious vacation time is too valuable for a stock pitch on the "benefits" of the Bonvoy program (the week they did another devaluation!) and the various flex programs.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Last time i was at Harborside they gave one day of free Wi-Fi. A whopping value of $24.95. I usually opted for the beach bag filled with the cheap hat, T-shirt and bottle of rum.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
March 2018 - 45,000 points (Nanea)
July 2018 - 30,000 points (Westin Riverfront)
April 2019 - 30,000 points (Nanea)

Guess I'm still doing good.

July 2019 - 30,000 points (Westin Riverfront) and it took less than an hour!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Realize that the gift offered isn't resort specific. I may be based on your profile. If you look like a better candidate, they may be more likely to offer you a better gift to get you in the door.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last week at WDW: 15,000 points or $100 VISA gift card or $100 resort credit. Nope.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I am currently in Westin Nanea. I am interested to learn about retro my 4 weeks. I didn’t attend any presentation in last 3 years, but was offered nothing, Zero, 0, to attend. My eyes were wide opened and politely repeated nothing? The concierge lady was firm and answered no. I stood up and walked away, I’m now worried she might think I was rude and bad customer.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I am currently in Westin Nanea. I am interested to learn about retro my 4 weeks. I didn’t attend any presentation in last 3 years, but was offered nothing, Zero, 0, to attend. My eyes were wide opened and politely repeated nothing? The concierge lady was firm and answered no. I stood up and walked away, I’m now worried she might think I was rude and bad customer.

Did you approach them about a presentation or did they offer one to you?

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you approach them about a presentation or did they offer one to you?
After I checked in, I went to concierge to pick up welcome package. Then I was asked if I want to attend the presentation to learn about the update. Then I asked is it the 90 minutes presentation? She said no, it is no gift presentation so I’m not obligated to 90 minutes. I asked no gift, nothing? She replied, yes nothing. Then I walked away.

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
20,000 pts at SBP or $150 Amazon Card or $125 A/E card plus $25 restaurant voucher, plus 2 buffet breakfast vouchers at Sea Captains House plus 2 mini golf vouchers plus huge Attractions coupon book for Myrtle Beach Area. Best incentives I have experienced at SBP. This was just offered yesterday, attending presentation today, promised new Marriott updates on my Vistana Ownership lol Stay tuned!!!

Last edited:

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
After I checked in, I went to concierge to pick up welcome package. Then I was asked if I want to attend the presentation to learn about the update. Then I asked is it the 90 minutes presentation? She said no, it is no gift presentation so I’m not obligated to 90 minutes. I asked no gift, nothing? She replied, yes nothing. Then I walked away.

I was at the St John Westin (on StarOptions) in March; was wondering about what they had to say, especially after the merger. Got offered no incentive also but was curious. Got offered a few way too expensive deals at the WSJ. Said no. At the end, got offered an Encore package to go back for 5 nights next year for $2095 (including Westin Ferry). Plus 150,000 BonVoy points if I make it through the presentation. Took that one. But haven't book a date yet.

Next time I go back to my home in Nanea, probably won't bother. I'm really not interested in buying from the developer. Last time I went to Nanea, we got 45,000 points (May 2018) to listen to that pitch.

It's now 15-20,000 points or $100? Serious?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It's now 15-20,000 points or $100? Serious?
What you are offered and what someone else is offered are not always the same thing. The gift offered is not resort specific, but rather based on your ownership profile.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What you are offered and what someone else is offered are not always the same thing. The gift offered is not resort specific, but rather based on your ownership profile.
This makes me wondering how they determined I am not their target and didn’t offer me anything? I own 3 mandatory, 2 SVVs 81k and 1 WKORVN OF 176k, and 1 voluntary SBP. They probably think I already own good stuffs and not going to waste time on me, although I really want to know their offer to retro. Anyway, I’m not going to waste time on my vacation for nothing.

PDX Wolverine

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-N
WKORV
This makes me wondering how they determined I am not their target and didn’t offer me anything? I own 3 mandatory, 2 SVVs 81k and 1 WKORVN OF 176k, and 1 voluntary SBP. They probably think I already own good stuffs and not going to waste time on me, although I really want to know their offer to retro. Anyway, I’m not going to waste time on my vacation for nothing.

At WKORVN we were offered 30,000 Marriott points and a $100 resort credit. We were told the resort credit was offered because we were Select Owners. Select Owners were described as owners who had not attended an owners update for 3 years. We declined to attend. The day before checkout, we received a call from the departure desk, which is located in the sales center in WKORV. We were offered an explorer package which we accepted.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I should also add that they also base offerings on how busy the sales center is. So if they already had, what they considered, a lot of prime candidates signed up then they may not offer as good of an incentive. If they are running short on prospects, then they may offer more to get people through the door.