• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] Where are the places you go back to again and again?

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I am a snowbird and do the same 6 months every winter: 3 months in Orlando > 3 weeks in Hawaii > Sedona> 3 weeks following the LPGA golf tour from Scottsdale to San Diego to Palm Springs > home to do tax for a month (I'm a CPA) then 3 weeks in Virginia. The same timeshares each location so they remember me and it feels like home, I know where the grocery stores and golf courses are, etc.

I'll mix it up if I have a girlfriend that likes all-inclusives as I own at Palace Resorts and they don't charge you MF unless you use. Every 3 or 4 years I'll add in UK, such great locations through Diamond Resorts like 16th century manor houses and rural country estates.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
  • Orlando and Anaheim, more often than I'd like to admit; good thing I'm in good company with many of y'all!
  • Pagosa Springs, CO, at least annually since 2012 for horsey adventures/events. (But I'm thinking this fall might be my last pre-planned trip. Time for a break?)
  • Oahu (often for business; then hop to another island, if schedule permits, for personal time).
  • Some cruise ship on HAL, NCL, DCL, Celebrity or similar. (So is cruising one big "return to" category? Or is the "ship" the destination? The itinerary? What is the 'return' qualifier for cruising?)
  • Some trail (horseback).
  • Costco. (Just joking ... um, maybe)

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney, Cruising, Hilton Head, Vero Beach

I know if I was not afraid of the long flght/flying - I would be going to Italy at least every other year.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been all around the world to many countries and cities, and country. The only place we regularly go is Palm Desert (every year) and Branson MO. Everywhere else is mostly a one off.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Southern Spain (often in Malaga or one of the hill towns like Gaucin or Jimena de la Frontera, also at either of the Marriotts or Las Mimosas).
Cancun (we own at Lagunamar)
Maui/Kauai (we own with DRI)
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico

IdahoSuz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palm Springs Tennis Club (3)
HiltonLake Tahoe Vacation Resort
Palm Springs.

I also love the Caribbean and New Zealand but travel times and cost limit the number of visits.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
  • Pagosa Springs, CO, at least annually since 2012 for horsey adventures/events. (But I'm thinking this fall might be my last pre-planned trip. Time for a break?)
Bah! The horsey event just sent me an email 'sneaky peak' at this Fall's theme & agenda. Looks awesome. If the event meets the description, I'll have 2020's tickets purchased before we return home. Shoot. I should have already booked WM ... must go do that now.

The theme that speaks to my heart today:
Parelli Savvy Summit 2019 said:
The Theme This Year is “Horse Psychology & Behavior”

Each of the exciting subjects we present each day will focus on how to get to your horse’s mind, to truly understand horse behavior and fulfill their needs as they fulfill ours.

Last edited:

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
Aruba, Hilton Head and I like Orlando, the resorts are so nice. We did make out first trip from the east coast to Hawaii and if it wasn't for such a long plane ride that would also be on my list and I almost forgot we spend 4 weeks in Bonita Springs, FL, DH loves it.

Last edited:

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
St. Maarten, for one or two weeks in the winter at Divi Little Bay. Have been there almost every year for nearly 20 years. But our other travel each year is usually to somewhere new in Europe or Asia, and isn't timeshare travel.

aandmrun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hawaii (anytime), Park City, Utah (love to hike there in the fall), and Palm Desert (spring or fall).

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
St Maarten at Christmas/ New Year was our place to go for over 10 years before Hurricane Irma. Our TS renovation is not progressing and I just gave back my RTU. Estes Park, CO for summer TS vacation until 2017 when we retired here full time. Looking for inspiration...

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Disney
Bahamas
Cancun
Maui
Scottsdale
Marco Island

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Our favorites, in order:

Omni Grove Park Inn, Asheville NC....https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/asheville-grove-park
Old Edwards Inn, Highlands NC......https://www.oldedwardsinn.com
Omni Mount Washington Resort Hotel....https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/bretton-woods-mount-washington

Marriott's Pulse at Custom House, Boston...https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...on/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2
Marriott's Grande Ocean, Hilton Head......https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...an/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2
Church Street Inn, Charleston SC.....https://festiva.com/churchstreetinn.php
Marriott's Manor Club (original), Williamsburg VA......https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...ny/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

Glenn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort (2)
Suites at Fisherman's Wharf
San Francisco, San Diego and San Juan - once a year
Fort Lauderdale - twice a year

Bernie8245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Grand Ocean/SurfWatch on Hilton Head, S.C. for 4 to 5 weeks in January,
Orange Beach/Gulf Shores for the month of February
and several weeks in Branson where we own.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Maui
Kauai
Alta
Bend
New York
Washington
Lisbon

(places I have visited three or more times during the past five years)

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yellowstone (own)
Hawaii (trade & used to own Shell points)

Last edited:

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Panama City Beach - my number one US beach.
Las Vegas - Own at Desert Club and just acquired Elara.
Orlando - Will stop going there after 2020, hopefully.
Galveston - close to home and good for 2-3 night stays.

amluckau

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club fixed week/unit, Marriott Pts, Welk Pts, Diamond Resorts Pts
Maui every year (Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club), Escondido CA every year (Welk) to visit family & SoCal.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We own at Marriott's Ocean Pointe on Singer Island, Riviera Beach, FL. We've been every year except once since 2001. We also go to Breckenridge, CO nearly every year. We won't make it this year though due to a job change. Las Vegas has been at least once/year since 1999. Branson, MO is an EOY trip now although we use to go multiple times each year. We pick one of the Hawaiian Islands to visit EOY (to expensive to fly there for us on a yearly basis).

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
The places we’ve been to multiple times and plan to go again are Hawaii, Maui, and Orlando. Other places we repeat less often include Williamsburg, Palm Dessert area, Hilton Head, and Scottsdale.

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
Sedona, Santa Fe, Hawaii pretty much annually. Pismo Beach multiple times per year.
Have spent winter weeks at Ocean Pointe for almost 20 years! Love our oceanfront views! Previously spent winter weeks in Palm Desert.