• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help for New Hyatt Resale Owner

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I just set up my Hyatt account with the help of another TUG member. Thanks to TUG for your help! You made this seamless for me and saved me a call to customer service.

1) I have some additional questions. Here is what my account says for booking with points. Do you know the difference between these? Any advice on the best way to use my points? Does this mean I have some “bonus” points called LCUP points that I can use before 10/4? Must the travel be completed before 10/4? Any advice is appreciated.

Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Windward Pointe

Contract #

Usage:Annual

Room Type: Two Bedroom

Unit #:

Your Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Windward Pointe fixed ownership week must be Confirmed by 10/04/19.

Limited Club Use Points Expiring
Property:Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Windward Pointe

Contract #:

Week:14 (Apr 4 - 11, 2020)

You have 2200 Fixed Limited Club Use points that will expire 10/04/19.

OCT 4

Convert Points to Extended External Exchange
Property:Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Windward Pointe

Contract #:

Week:14 (Apr 4 - 11, 2020)

The deadline to convert your 2200 fixed points to Extended External Exchange points is 12/05/19.

DEC 5

2) I am looking online to see where I can use my points. What does this mean when it says it is a CUP reservation? Which points would I be using to book this?

Hyatt Residence Club Lake Tahoe, High Sierra Lodge
Check-In Date:Saturday, December 14th, 2019

Number of Nights:7

Unit:2 Bedroom

Check-Out Date:Saturday, December 21st, 2019

Number of Points:1400 points

Reservation Type:CUP

Fees:
A $41 transaction fee is required to complete this reservation.

3) I am searching for reservations at other resorts. It is only showing me through April. How many months in advance can you book non-home resort?

Last edited:

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
You should really just call Hyatt customer service and let them explain all this to you. They will be happy to explain all of this to you and also explain all of your options. You owe to your self to call them ASAP and get the basics down before you loose some of your points or options.

In a nut shell : Points move every 6 months from one type to another if you don't use them.

In the mean time a few remarks about your questions.

"Your Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Windward Pointe fixed ownership week must be Confirmed by 10/04/19." (These are your HRRP points (Home resort Preference period points)

This means if you want to use the time / week you own at the property you own at you must confirm / reserve it by 10/04/19. Otherwise the points will automatically move to CUP. (The Club use period) and you will loose your guaranteed right to use "YOUR" unit and week. .

Or one of your options at this time is to also use these HRPP use points to reserve any Hyatt property that is available. You must use them them to reserve something in the Hyatt club within the next 6 months or they will move into the CUP period, (But can be used to reserve for a reservation further out from the expiration of the points (if available), In your case use them to reserve something, or your fixed week by 10/04/19 or they will then move to the CUP Club Period (Points) ). and 6 months later they will then move to the Limited Club Use Period.

"You have 2200 Fixed Limited Club Use points that will expire 10/04/19."

Means you must use these points by midnight EST on 10/4/2019 or they will expire ! To use them you can only make reservation's for availability and useage that is less than 60 days out from the date you are making the reservation.

OCT 4

Looks like these points came to you only because the prior owner did not use them in the prior year. So they are NOT Bonus points. There is no such thing in Hyatt RC as Bonus Pont's. (However in your case this year you sort of got a BONUS because they were left over from the prior owner.) You need to use these points very soon or they will expire on 10/04/19. You can only use them to make a reservation that is less than 60 days out from when you make the reservation. i.e you could use them to make a reservation for as far out as 12/4 2019, or before, if you made the reservation on 10/4/2019 and there was availability. But don't push your luck. Find something you can use ASAP. or just let them expire otherwise !

") I am looking online to see where I can use my points. What does this mean when it says it is a CUP reservation? Which points would I be using to book this?"

In your case based on what I see above , if you made a CUP reservation the points to do it would come out of your HRRP points, thus you would be giving up the usage of YOUR Windward Point usage for your week 14 in 2020. (assuming you actually have some HRRP points left - can't tell for sure.

Maybe this is what you want to do, but if you do you need to know the consequences. i.e. your trading your week for some other week somewhere else and time ..in effect) )

"Convert Points to Extended External Exchange
Property:Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Windward Pointe"

That's just a last chance option to use IF you do not want to use your HRPP points to make any Club reservations this year. You can move the HRRP points to the EE program for exchanges through Interval International for up to the next several years (or more if you know how to manipulate the II options).

Who ever sold you this membership should have explained all this to you, or you probably should have understood all this before you bought it. But its not to late , and be assured you have bought into a good club. SO...

Please just go call the Club MEMBER SERVICES and get their help and explanation of the whole system before you do something you may regret until you understand all your options and ramifications. They will be glad to help you ! OK ??

Regards . Perry

Last edited:

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should really just call Hyatt customer service and let them explain all this to you. They will be happy to explain all of this to you and also explain all of your options. You owe to your self to call them ASAP and get the basics down before you loose some of your points or options.

In a nut shell : Points move every 6 months from one type to another if you don't use them....
Perry - As another perspective, think of the points along these lines:

Every year the owner receives a new set of points. Consider those points in CUP for 12 months. The points are not restricted in any way and can be used throughout the system.

As a special feature, the owner has the exclusive right, for a period of 6 months, to use those points to reserve all or a portion of the unit owned. That exclusive period is HRPP. The points are clarified as "HRPP Points", but from day one, they function as CUP points.

After 12 months, any points not used become LCUP points which are subject to significant restrictions on usage.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
yes. Ayou have a clear way to say it. and also the ( new ) Member needs to understand that they must use those yearly points for the Home reservation during the first 6 months of that whole "Club use period" or loose their exclusive right to their week and unit. I'm always in such a hurry. should be in bed , but end up responding to these post . I just should not be putting so much time into these postings. Or maybe I could have said it all more clearly but I was moving as fast as i could, just to get it over with.

I just hope the OP follows our advice and just calls member services. Thanks