• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Margaritaville Vacation Club Nashville open for reservations

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Well, for me it shows up when I follow the link, but not on the list of resorts in TN. QualITy....

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Thanks for posting the link @HitchHiker71. It wasn't showing up for me otherwise, but came up with the link (I'm Wyndham VIPG, so it might be just showing up to search for VIPP now). Booked a three day weekend to try out the place.

Happy to help. Let us all know what you think about the resort when you go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the link @HitchHiker71. It wasn't showing up for me otherwise, but came up with the link (I'm Wyndham VIPG, so it might be just showing up to search for VIPP now). Booked a three day weekend to try out the place.

Me too. No VIP here and it came up just fine when I searched. Maybe clear your cache or something if it’s not coming up.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I guess clearing your cache is the web version of CTL-ALT-DEL or rebooting.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Well, cleared my cache and it still doesn't show up when I select the "list of resorts." It does show up using the link provided by @HitchHiker71 or when searching. I'll continue to blame the glitch on Wyndham's IT department, though it might be a feature rather than a bug.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The webpage doesn't say anything about parking. Parking in downtown Nashville is very pricey. I assume parking isn't free and available in a commercial parking structure of lot.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Looks like they reduced the booking window to 5 months out for non-VIP people.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked out the Margaritaville Pigeon Forge resort (I would use that term loosely) when I was staying at the Wyndham Great Smokies Lodge a few week ago. I wasn't impressed.

First, it is in a shopping complex, the rooms are spread out over the entire complex on top of the stores. There are various entrances to the units throughout the complex (need a key card to enter). There are also skybridges that go over the pedestrian walkway that connect some of the hallways through the complex. There is a rooftop pool that I was not able to see.

Second, because it is in a shopping complex, the parking is a few min walk away.

Third, I didn't see anything special about the resort that makes me say 'Margaritaville'. Maybe pastel colors are used. Lobby looks like any other Wyndham lobby. They did have a parrot in a cage thought.

Lastly, There is a Margaritaville restaurant and 5'0 clock somewhere bar across the way from the lobby, but it is really not part of the resort, just part of the shopping complex.

Personally, I don't see what makes this resort a Margaritaville resort. I don't even see why anyone who visits the smokey mountains would want to stay in this 2nd rate concrete shopping center. At least Great Smokies Lodge has a water park and is surrounded by grass.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That’s the impression I got looking at the Pigeon Forge one on the website. Hoping the Nashville one is better.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree the Pigeon Forge Margaritaville Hotel is not very appealing. The Nashville Hotel is appealing so far at least based on being downtown and so close to Broadway. Wyndham Nashville is nice, but its not a great location for those wanting to be on Broadway predominately. The Margaritaville location is much more convenient.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
yet the Margaritaville is a 4 star and the lodge is a 3 star lol. During one of my updates, the salesman said I don't have access to this resort with my decision to buy WorldMark resale. OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
yet the Margaritaville is a 4 star and the lodge is a 3 star lol. During one of my updates, the salesman said I don't have access to this resort with my decision to buy WorldMark resale. OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Actually, I just googled it and TripAdvisor has 4.5 stars for both. Where are you getting your ratings from?

Last edited:

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Priceline and google:

upload_2019-9-20_14-9-44.png

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree the Pigeon Forge Margaritaville Hotel is not very appealing. The Nashville Hotel is appealing so far at least based on being downtown and so close to Broadway. Wyndham Nashville is nice, but its not a great location for those wanting to be on Broadway predominately. The Margaritaville location is much more convenient.
Wyndham Nashville has a contract commercial shuttle that runs to and from Downtown Nashville from the resort. Very convenient if you don't want to drive and pay an outrageous amount to park.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Nashville has a contract commercial shuttle that runs to and from Downtown Nashville from the resort. Very convenient if you don't want to drive and pay an outrageous amount to park.
It costs $5 each way

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
It costs $5 each way

Yes we did take the shuttle when we stayed there, but it was a REALLY REALLY long ride back at 2am. The shuttle stops at several other hotels and the Wyndham is one of (if not the) very last stops.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
You can park at the library parking ramp for $5. It's a few blocks walk to all the excitement, but for that price, I'll take a stroll through downtown Nashville.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
So it's either $5 parking, plus a several block walk and driving into downtown Nashville or $10 roundtrip. The math works if you have one or more passangers.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score

After staying at Great Smokies Lodge and checking out Margaritaville Island Hotel, I am don't I would want to stay at the Island Hotel. Actually, if I went back to that area, I would probably stay at the older Wyndham Smokey Mountain Property (The Water Park is just not my thing anymore).

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
After staying at Great Smokies Lodge and checking out Margaritaville Island Hotel, I am don't I would want to stay at the Island Hotel. Actually, if I went back to that area, I would probably stay at the older Wyndham Smokey Mountain Property (The Water Park is just not my thing anymore).
Yep, we just left there today. We like both resorts, but for different reasons. I was telling my wife this morning that I couldn't do 7 days at GSL...that's just too much water park for me. My kids love it, though! However, I love the "natural" feeling of SM. I love looking out the back door and seeing the deer/other animals grazing. Almost feels like you're not in the middle of chaos, uh, a vacation destination. ;>).

On a serious note, the Margaritaville resorts stick out like sore thumbs in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. I have no desire to stay at either of them.

Last edited:

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, we just left there today. We like both resorts, but for different reasons. I was telling my wife this morning that I couldn't do 7 days at GSL...that's just too much water park for me. My kids love it, though! However, I love the "natural" feeling of SM. I love looking out the back door and seeing the deer/other animals grazing. Almost feels like you're not in the middle of chaos, uh, a vacation destination. ;>).

On a serious note, the Margaritaville resorts stick out like sore thumbs in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. I have no desire to stay at either of them.

I have teenage girls and they were just not into it. They spent 3 hours or so at the indoor waterpark. The rest of the 3 afternoons or so that my wife and I hung out by the wave pool, they just rode the lazy river a bit and then headed back to the room to use their phone/tablets in the AC.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have teenage girls and they were just not into it. They spent 3 hours or so at the indoor waterpark. The rest of the 3 afternoons or so that my wife and I hung out by the wave pool, they just rode the lazy river a bit and then headed back to the room to use their phone/tablets in the AC.
Yeah, different strokes for different folks. My girls (13 and 11) enjoy it a lot. My older kids (21, 21, and 18) all love it. But, there is only so much you can do there.

Honestly, I'm just not that into water parks...but my kids love them, so that's why I go. I prefer amusement parks! At a water park you'll usually find me on a lazy river...just being lazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like they reduced the booking window to 5 months out for non-VIP people.

You are right. I was just looking at it and I can only book 5 months out now too!