• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What does a good resale look like with StarOptions?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
How do the Getaways work? I thought they would only be available at 60 days or less - we'd generally like to book stuff before that. Do Orlando Marriott's show up in those?

Just checked. You can get a one bedroom next year checking in on 4th of July in Marriott Grand Vista for $997. That was listed on getaways. Yeah it’s pricy but you can book it! Or just use your two bedroom SVV and book 12 mo in advance. Moral here is, getaways are not just 60 days in advance.

To be honest, I’ve onlt every booked getaways. I’ve never exchanged. Helped family exchange and they have gotten MVC Aruba but I never did it. I just use my star options.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
@SabresFan If you want SO, buy Mandatory. If you just want to use Getaways, find cheapest MF.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I can come on here and say “who wants FREE mandatory deeds platinum weeks 2 bedroom at SVV?”
This sounds like a great dream to me, possibly as great as your cheapo WKV purchase dream! :p

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
This sounds like a great dream to me, possibly as great as your cheapo WKV purchase dream! :p
That was a great dream lol

The Dude

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet
Hi everyone - newbie here. I starting reading this thread because I have an opportunity to purchase a SVV Bella 2 bedroom unit platinum deed and I am trying to place a somewhat realistic value for what I should pay for it. I know what the MFs will be going forward but I'm trying to figure out a fair price to pay for the deed. Any help would be appreciated! Maybe I should start a thread on it's own for this? Thanks!!

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Hi everyone - newbie here. I starting reading this thread because I have an opportunity to purchase a SVV Bella 2 bedroom unit platinum deed and I am trying to place a somewhat realistic value for what I should pay for it. I know what the MFs will be going forward but I'm trying to figure out a fair price to pay for the deed. Any help would be appreciated! Maybe I should start a thread on it's own for this? Thanks!!

The going advertised rate is about 1500.00. In the past if you are lucky and patient you might get one for free or 200.00 . Right now I don’t want to pay 1500.00. I am waiting until maintenance fees are due and try to get a better deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skibummer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV x5 (Scottsdale)
WLR x3 (Cancun)
SVV-Bella x2 (Orlando)
WMH x2 (Palm Springs)
WNORVK (Maui)
Chairman’s Club
I picked up both of my annual SVV-Bella 2 bdr (non-lockoffs) each with 81,000 SOs for less than $500 each, including closing costs, but I was patient and got them both a year apart around November-December when the MF bills for the next year were being sent out. Both were from ebay, one was from a liquidation reseller with a "buy it now price" that I offered less than ask and the other was an ebay auction facilitated with the Gixen (snipe) app. They both took around 3 months to close. The current market seems to be around $1500+ so if you can I would wait. I wouldn't go for a gold SVV because they are worth less SOs than the platinum value of 81,000 (2 bdr no lockoff) or 95,700 (2 bdr lockoff), but you pay the same MFs as a platinum week. Also, don't feel bad to offer a lower than asking price, worst case they say no or counter and you take it or move on.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I picked up both of my annual SVV-Bella 2 bdr (non-lockoffs) each with 81,000 SOs for less than $500 each, including closing costs, but I was patient and got them both a year apart around November-December when the MF bills for the next year were being sent out. The current market seems to be around $1500+ so if you can I would wait. I wouldn't go for a gold SVV because they are worth less than the platinum value of 81,000 (2 bdr no lockoff) or 95,700 (2 bdr lockoff), but you pay the same MFs as a platinum week. Also, don't feel bad to offer a lower than asking price, worst case they say no or counter and you take it or move on.

This is terrific info. In Nov/Dec, what do you think an EOY 95,700 LO would go for? Would the 81k EOY plats be free?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
This is terrific info. In Nov/Dec, what do you think an EOY 95,700 LO would go for? Would the 81k EOY plats be free?
I can tell you in 2021 my lockout key west will go for cheap. Using the staroptions in 2020 spring break lol. Of course unless MVC decides to offer low enrollment into some sort of program by then.

The Dude

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet
Thank you for the replies! Very helpful.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Anyone know how soon ownership should show up in your vistana account if the deed was recorded on 7/25/2019?

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Anyone know how soon ownership should show up in your vistana account if the deed was recorded on 7/25/2019?
It took ours 3wks. Then it didn’t show on our account because it was updated incorrectly in their System but was resolved in less than a week