• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Adobe Flash

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I know only enough about stuff like this to know that I need to know more about stuff like this.

So, Flash is going away, got it.

How will stuff that works on Flash work when Flash is gone?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I work at Adobe. We are encouraging companies to migrate to other technologies such as HTML 5. But in any event we simply stopping development and support for Flash in 2020. Websites and applications that have not migrated by then will continue to work on last released version of Flash.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
So, when I go to NWS radar sites, for instance, and it needs Flash to work, what will happen when Flash is not available. Or, are you saying it always will be available, the last version?

I have been having to click to run Flash on them.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
This is a response on a bulletin board asking how to get Flash to run:

"Open Google Chrome browser, type chrome://settings/content in the address bar and press Enter. On the content settings screen, locate Flash player settings. Select Allow sites to run Flash, then click Done to save the change."

Don't know if this will work for you but it's worth a try.

Good Luck

Richard

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
This is a response on a bulletin board asking how to get Flash to run:

"Open Google Chrome browser, type chrome://settings/content in the address bar and press Enter. On the content settings screen, locate Flash player settings. Select Allow sites to run Flash, then click Done to save the change."

Don't know if this will work for you but it's worth a try.

Good Luck

Richard

Thanks, but mine isn't quite like that. I can select Block or Ask First.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
So, when I go to NWS radar sites, for instance, and it needs Flash to work, what will happen when Flash is not available. Or, are you saying it always will be available, the last version?

I have been having to click to run Flash on them.

The hope is the NWS will update their website to NOT use Flash anymore. Theoretically, you (the end user) should never notice the change.
However, the reality may be a bit different.

I can tell you from direct experience with some educational websites when those websites were moved OFF Adobe Flash to HTML 5 (and other solutions) we did not have to take any additional steps (meaning add any software or plug ins) by hand to use the updated website. Generally speaking, our browsing experience with websites that moved from Adobe Flash to HTML 5 was a faster and smoother one - but it should be noted the bulk of our browsing is on ChromeBooks.

Hopefully, you won't even notice the change when the NWS updates its website.

I should add - the likelihood of you having a smoother transition to any new website is increased if you keep your computing device and browsers updated!

Reaction score
I know that there are independent software companies that make equivalent software add-ons that will run Adobe Flash. I run Linux Mint Cinnamon instead of Windows, and Linux programmers came to the "rescue" when Flash was taken away from Linux-based Firefox. So, I have a feeling that once Adobe Flash goes bye-bye, there will be Windows programmers who will make older AF websites work.

Ever hear of Macromedia? Basically a predecessor to AF, but it is gone. Or MS-DOS? CPM/80? IBM's OS/2? Lotus office software? Computer software comes and goes, and when it goes, others take up the slack. I've been in computers since the early 1990s, so I remember the passing of many of these software programs.

TS

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Thanks, but mine isn't quite like that. I can select Block or Ask First.

I keep setting it to Ask First and it keeps going back to Block.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

That should tell you something, its a huge security hole and needs to be blocked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
That should tell you something, its a huge security hole and needs to be blocked.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OK.

Why doesn't it read, "Its a huge security hole and needs to be blocked?"

:ponder:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
OK.

Why doesn't it read, "Its a huge security hole and needs to be blocked?"

:ponder:

I think might have been a bit over dramatic.. but Flash is indeed an older technology and does have some risks.. Adobe is continuing to offer updates to Flash, most of which are security related. I would recommend that you install updates if the system offers those.

This is your web browser asking, not Flash itself. Unfortunately i also find that many time you have to accept or enable Flash every time you access the website.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
You can follow the procedures to get Chrome to run Flash, but it won't remember your choice. You'll have to follow the procedures every time you go to that web site.

For the web sites I use regularly that require Flash, I use the Firefox browser. If you enable Flash for a web site, Firefox remembers it so you don't have to enable it every time.