• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FedEx severs ties with Amazon, ending ground and air deliveries

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I haven't read all these posts, so this has probably been said.

I've heard people complain about Amazon using the USPS, especially on Sundays.

But, that's people working who would not be otherwise, and USPS revenue that would not be there otherwise.

Now, if only the USPS could do USPS stuff reliably.

:cool:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

But, that's people working who would not be otherwise, and USPS revenue that would not be there otherwise.

Yep, several of us think the same!

If I were your friend I would be wanting to keep whatever business they have. Otherwise I might be looking at an unemployment line. Looking at what I receive in the mail, delivery could decrease to three days a week and it would not negatively impact our family.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

The Postal Service currently delivers Priority Mail Express and certain Amazon packages on Sundays.

At least for now.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Obviously, none of you have lived in a place where the daily mail boat is an absolute lifeline for the community, just sayin'.

Amazon just recently did declare themselves a logistics company. We've seen this kind of vertical integration before (think A&P stores in the early 1900s, Dole, etc.) and they become monopolistic until something better comes around. (No one shops at an A&P anymore, right?)

Good luck finding an A&P store anymore.....

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I would be happy with -0- mail delivery.
I handle nearly all financial transactions + correspondence online.

DW, OTOH, wants paper bills + greeting cards.
Online billing & payment is too "experimental."
But she does use email.

She's a maverick, that one! :D:D

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Postal Service losing billions and delivering fewer packages as it burns cash
https://www.foxbusiness.com/financials/postal-service-burning-cash-delivering-fewer-packages

"The Postal Service ended fiscal 2018 with a net loss of $3.9 billion."

"Losses at the Postal Service between 2007 through 2018 are about $69 billion. The last time the agency recorded a profit was more than a decade ago. It has also defaulted on more than $40 billion in payments owed to pre-fund retiree health care expenses."

“Absent legislative reform, in all probability we’ll be out of cash in 2024 and that will threaten our ability to meet our obligation to the American public,”

"And if the agency makes all of its mandatory payments – including those retiree benefits – Brennan said the agency would be out of cash in 2020."
Yikes! Three day a week is a good idea! They've invested in automation and that's a positive. I love the email to know if I should stop by secure mailbox.

I love the machine that weighs and measures your package and spits out the postage label. No more waiting til Saturday when the counter people are there. I can now ship anytime...but the price! The difference between the retail price and what corporate accounts (Ahem...Amazon) pay must be HUGE!

I do fear the elimination of physical retail. The local Walmart isn't the charm that my local shops once offered.

And the irony and inefficiency of this single delivery package. It harkens back to the time when we had the milkman, a bread man, the dry cleaning delivered as well as the department stores.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yikes! Three day a week is a good idea! They've invested in automation and that's a positive. I love the email to know if I should stop by secure mailbox.

I love the machine that weighs and measures your package and spits out the postage label. No more waiting til Saturday when the counter people are there. I can now ship anytime...but the price! The difference between the retail price and what corporate accounts (Ahem...Amazon) pay must be HUGE!

I do fear the elimination of physical retail. The local Walmart isn't the charm that my local shops once offered.

And the irony and inefficiency of this single delivery package. It harkens back to the time when we had the milkman, a bread man, the dry cleaning delivered as well as the department stores.
If you have a printer at home and a small kitchen scale you can have that same machine at home. Buying your postage through Paypal even gives you a discount over those self serve machines in the post office.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
If you have a printer at home and a small kitchen scale you can have that same machine at home. Buying your postage through Paypal even gives you a discount over those self serve machines in the post office.
Thank you! That's interesting! I'm considering buying a printer. Maybe I should PM you to ask how you buy postage through Paypal? That actually makes sense though as Paypal was originally a division of eBay. I know eBay can offer better pricing on shipping - thus the corporate discount.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure who the government official was but, he pointed his finger and said that Amazon was the one causing the USPS to lose money and he was going to change that! Well, one should be careful what one ask for. When the bear is poked he usually fights back!

Wasn't that government official President Donald Trump?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just an idle thought here: for as much as the Bell System has changed over the years to what the current state of telephones has become, the U.S. Postal Service has stayed comparatively static over that same time frame. Maybe time is finally catching up to the U.S. Postal Service and before long it too will bear little resemblance to what is used to be.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I wouldn’t be shocked if amazon starts their own “fedex” allowing people to ship through their amazon account.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
FWIW, if I could, I would opt out of USPS deliveries at my home altogether. I receive important documents at a business address, and only receive junk mail at home. The local postal delivery guy doesn’t like it because I rarely clean out my mailbox. I’m sure I’m not alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
FWIW, if I could, I would opt out of USPS deliveries at my home altogether. I receive important documents at a business address, and only receive junk mail at home. The local postal delivery guy doesn’t like it because I rarely clean out my mailbox. I’m sure I’m not alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same here! It’s a pain to go through junk mail. I send as much as I can through UPS. I’d rather spend a few extra bucks and know what I’m sending arrived. In NY now, you see all of the bicycle delivery guys for amazon and they all have these trailers with bins on the back attached. It makes bike riding impossible since they are zipping down the bike lanes on E bikes doing 25mph. Then of course UPS handles most of the deliveries to my place thankfully. That means I usually get the package!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Since I buy and sell quite a bit on eBay I’ve been using this feature of PayPal since it became available. Makes it much simpler.
Isn't it easier to just ship directly through Ebay?

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

right
but whether it's Amazon or other factors that are creating post office losses is subject to interpretation

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/04/us/politics/trump-amazon-post-office.html
Wasn't that government official President Donald Trump?

Perhaps it's best if we keep political views as far away as possible.