• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen - Chance to buy 10,000 annual points - enough ?

CanadaGuyEh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation - 2 platinums, Wyndham - 1 week, WorldMark 2 weeks
1st - Any happy owners?
2nd - 10,000 a year - looking around gets you a 1 bedroom in primetime or need more points?
3rd - $973 for the year seems comparable to lots of timeshare or ? (I own Hilton, Wyndham and WorldMark). Just looking for more places to visit =)

fredmotola

Reaction score
10000 should get you a week in a 1BR in the summer. Another 10000 points will cost you $613 more a year .... 20000 point is a good place to be in terms of flexibility in getting what you want, if its available.

CanadaGuyEh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation - 2 platinums, Wyndham - 1 week, WorldMark 2 weeks
10000 should get you a week in a 1BR in the summer. Another 10000 points will cost you $613 more a year .... 20000 point is a good place to be in terms of flexibility in getting what you want, if its available.
I noticed it really ranges for the number of points. Seems like some places are double the points of others. Points are cheaper at 20,000 or 25,000?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed it really ranges for the number of points. Seems like some places are double the points of others. Points are cheaper at 20,000 or 25,000?
There is a base fee and then so much per point, so not cheaper per se

matt0o

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Cedar

someone could explain the algorithm better than I could, but basically, you pay a flat fee and then add the price per point. the flat fee if I remember correctly from my own Bluegreen bill is a 360 fee + 139 fee. the per point fee is something like 0.169 per point. this price per point doesn't change based on how many points you have.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
The annual cost in fees depends on which trust fund you buy into. Fund D is a fixed amount per point with no base fees to consider. Fund E the most common one found now is currently $.0613 per annual pt plus $360 base fee. Everyone pays $$139 club dues.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I have owned 10,000 points for 19 years. No, they are no longer enough. Never really have been. They were only enough way back in the day when one could directly reserve a week, deposit it with RCI, and then reserve a Bluegreen better unit & time, that one couldn’t get with that number of points directly with BG. Someone caught on to that “back door” and now points must reserve RCI through the Bluegreen portal. As I understand, Platinum owners get free weeks that they can directly deposit with RCI (not great weeks). But regular points’ trades are through BG. We have mainly used our 10,000 through RCI. Off season and not great trades. Some years I borrow points ahead or save old for the next year. Doesn’t help a lot. There are trades now I would like to have that are not great places but 25,000 points for a one bedroom week. Not going to buy more as, for the maintenance fees, we can rent something. What we do use a lot through BG is our Bonus Points. Using them now.

Last edited:

JerseyDeb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I have owned 10,000 points for 19 years. No, they are no longer enough. Never really have been. They were only enough way back in the day when one could directly reserve a week, deposit it with RCI, and then reserve a Bluegreen better unit & time, that one couldn’t get with that number of points directly with BG. Someone caught on to that “back door” and now points must reserve RCI through the Bluegreen portal. As I understand, Platinum owners get free weeks that they can directly deposit with RCI (not great weeks). But regular points’ trades are through BG. We have mainly used our 10,000 through RCI. Off season and not great trades. Some years I borrow points ahead or save old for the next year. Doesn’t help a lot. There are trades now I would like to have that are not great places but 25,000 points for a one bedroom week. Not going to more as, for the maintenance fees, we can rent something. What we do use a lot through BG is our Bonus Points. Using them now.

I was thinking of purchasing a very small developer contract just
to have access to bonus time. Is it worth it and can you give me an idea about what properties you have been able to book with bonus time and when?

Thanks!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
to have access to bonus time. Is it worth it and can you give me an idea about what properties you have been able to book with bonus time and when?

Thanks!

I wrote that post while on Bonus Time for two nights at The Fountains in Orlando, FL. We’ve stayed there many times on BT. We’ve stayed a couple of times at the St Augustine resort on BT. Also at Shenandoah Crossing. Once in Savannah, but I can’t seem to get that one anymore. Myrtle Beach several times.

I don’t think I would pay developer prices and maintenance fees just for Bonus Time unless I lived close to a resort I really wanted to use often and knew I could get. Keep in mind that you may not get the size unit you want or at the time of year you want. The more popular resorts or areas simply may not be there. Ever.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

Thanks!
Do you currently own resale Bg points? If you do you can check pts inventory, it's the same inventory used for bonus time. Just check 48 days into the future.

I only own resale pts so can get BT at the one resort were I'm "deeded," The Hammocks at Marathon. I scored Bt there once in Jan but I was on the computer constantly until I found some days I could use.

Bt is hard to get at popular resorts during peak seasons and is impossible at many of the resorts any time of the year. If you are looking at peak times the plan may not work, if you are looking off peak you should be able to rent places for a lot less than the thousands it would cost you to buy a package from Bg with charter benefits.