• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Multiple tooth implant??

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. Our mouths are aging. In the year and one half since I started this thread, DH had a front lower tooth pulled and a bottom molar pulled. Some crowns were reglued in Thailand and Seattle. The front lower tooth cracked and there is a space but no room for bone graft or implant so it just has space for a straw. The back tooth had the 2017 cantilevered tooth that fell off and he just had it pulled.
The new Florida dentist retired after our first visit. His new young replacement has warned me some of my very old filled teeth will need crowns sooner or later. Meanwhile he filled three small cavities for $750. Yikes. I worry about his motivation for the fees and and future suggestions. I can still see my up north guy when I go see the grandkids.
The dental insurance thru the Fed Govt retired system isn’t all that great. We’ve rarely ever had dental insurance. This new guy only does out of network plans anyway.

We are going to Egypt, Jordan, and London in 10 days. Maybe he’ll see dentists there too.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
clifffaith wrote:
The extraction, with bone regeneration, is going to cost $2850, not counting the $350 I spent today for an MRI type scan and consultation. After that heals the implant will be $2575 for the "screw only". I have to then go back to my dentist for the tooth part of the implant (her office is closed today so I don't know what that will cost). Reviewing the details, I see that the bone graft and blood they draw to use in the graft are just a little less than half the cost of the procedure.

This is one thing I like about Clear Choice, the cost is $5000 but everything is included: extraction of any teeth if needed, bone graft if needed, the implant, the tooth to top the implant, laughing gas or general anesthesia if desired, even a "flipper" which is like a mouth guard with a fake tooth to cover up the hole. I didn't ask for the flipper and I doubt that I will wear it, but it was all included. When I had my root canal, I had to pay $150 for laughing gas. My insurance will pay $1800 of the cost. Maybe more since some of the work is being done in 2018 and some in 2018. Normally they pull the bad tooth and put in the implant the same visit, but since I had a significant infection, I will have to wait about 3 months before the implant. Not the "new teeth in a day" that they advertise. Apparently that is only in certain cases. A bit of a bait and switch if you ask me. I will report again when all work is complete. Right now I have just started the process.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! & Wow that costs a few dollars.

clifffaith wrote:
The extraction, with bone regeneration, is going to cost $2850, not counting the $350 I spent today for an MRI type scan and consultation. After that heals the implant will be $2575 for the "screw only". I have to then go back to my dentist for the tooth part of the implant (her office is closed today so I don't know what that will cost). Reviewing the details, I see that the bone graft and blood they draw to use in the graft are just a little less than half the cost of the procedure.

This is one thing I like about Clear Choice, the cost is $5000 but everything is included: extraction of any teeth if needed, bone graft if needed, the implant, the tooth to top the implant, laughing gas or general anesthesia if desired, even a "flipper" which is like a mouth guard with a fake tooth to cover up the hole. I didn't ask for the flipper and I doubt that I will wear it, but it was all included. When I had my root canal, I had to pay $150 for laughing gas. My insurance will pay $1800 of the cost. Maybe more since some of the work is being done in 2018 and some in 2018. Normally they pull the bad tooth and put in the implant the same visit, but since I had a significant infection, I will have to wait about 3 months before the implant. Not the "new teeth in a day" that they advertise. Apparently that is only in certain cases. A bit of a bait and switch if you ask me. I will report again when all work is complete. Right now I have just started the process.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
clifffaith wrote:

No, you are lucky they are taking the time to do it right.

My father in law went to Mexico for same day implants, he came home and ended up with a serious infection.

I have two with a bridge, cost me about the same as you out of pocket when it was all completed, took about six months from extraction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Yesterday I had the tooth pulled and the bone regeneration material "stuffed" down inside the resulting hole. Knock wood, so far the process is FAR less uncomfortable than any of the times my periodontist has decided she needed to slice open a quadrant. Stuck to frappicinos and Jamba Juice (no straws) yesterday, along with jello and warm (not hot) soup. First off I can open my mouth most of the way, so this morning Cliff made me scrambled eggs and by tonight I think I'll be able to have Mac n cheese. After the periodontal work it was always four or more days before I could start slipping macaroni, one elbow at a time, into my mouth. Kept on schedule with the pain pills yesterday because I could tell when they started to wear off, and needed one this morning, but the discomfort is wonderfully far less than I expected compared to gum surgery.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the 3 teeth are still solid enough to accept a crown there is no way I would yank them and go with the implant. An implant is still surgery and there are always risks (probably minor) of some problems. I don't have any implants but would assume that they aren't maintenance free and if you don't take care of them you can still have problems.

Over the course of about 2 years some 25 years ago I had 5 implants. I still have them. They have never been a problem and my current dentist tells me x-rays show that they are still like the Rock of Gibraltar. The only maintenance I have shown them is to use a Water Pic daily..

George

Last edited:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Yesterday I had the screw implanted. We walked in the door at 7:35 for my 7:40 appt, and walked out at 8:25. I was in mild pain going out to the car, and by the time we were home 25 minutes later pain was up to moderate. Sat watching TV with the small ice pack they'd given me against my cheek, and within 30 minutes realized I no longer had any pain. So I think the ibuprofen tablet they gave me as they were getting me ready had kicked in. Take another tablet every six hours, and the only discomfort was first thing this morning when it had worn off over night. I hope by tomorrow morning I'll be able to give up the ibuprofen. Now four more months before going to the dentist for a tooth, in the meantime no chewing on that side of my mouth.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I said in an earlier post I have five 25 year old implants which have held up magnificently. A couple months ago I had a crown break off on another (not an implant) tooth right at the gum line. Dentist suggested another implant. I told him at age 84 I don't see the cost benefit. After a prolonged negotiation we settled on a root canal retaining the portion of the tooth at and below the gum line. The tooth in question is far back in my mouth so I don't mind the space. So far it has worked beautifly. My logic was that what remains of the tooth will help keep the adjoining teeth from shifting too much. So far I am happy with my decision...

George