• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Today's update...

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been on a list for so long that I thought that I would actually do an update if they were foolish enough to ask me. They did.

So there were a few instances of double talk. They were trying to say that you had to buy up to the new levels to actually be at those levels. So while we are thinking that we are grandfathered, they are "selling" up to the next level in order to get those benefits. After pushing, it came out that you would be "grandfathered" to that level but you would be keeping all of your existing benefits and not receive any of the glamorous things that they have in store for new level owners.

Next, they were trying to say that PR was not going to be grandfathered to the highest level. It doesn't affect me (other than trying to sell me to PR) but it was an important point to argue. And again, after pushing, they did confirm that PR would be grandfathered up to the highest level.

Now when it comes to that highest level, they did put it out there that there would at times be upgrades beyond the normal upgrade limits. Personally, I think that if you are asking someone to go from platinum to the highest level, there had better be a whole lot more value than an extra 10% in the discount window.

This actually took about 4 hours. I was offered CWA at $93/k to get to the next level (which isn't a bad price if you wanted CWA.) If they had come out with a deed (of my choosing) for that price point, I would have done it.

And during the "update" we had to move out of our unit. We checked in yesterday and apparently the system "oversold" our unit type. So they put us in a mobility unit and then this morning they told us that we had to move. What the heck! That was their problem, not my problem. So aside from being without a room for four hours and myself stuck in update, my kids are all sunburned now. They gave me a $25 resort credit. I'm not even sure that it will cover a can of Solarcaine in a Wyndham gift shop. And then it cost me 45,000 points to boot.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
That's the lowest price I've ever seen or heard of for CWA if they really offered $93/1000. How many points was that for and at which resort? What cost you 45000 points? Did they put you in a smaller unit that cost less points? Hope the rest of your vacation goes better! :)

Not surprised at all on the sales shenanigans really. Typical miserable sales practices from Wyndham in action.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Clearwater. So my three nights cost 45k. They put us in the mobility (which I didn't book) and then we had to move when housekeeping came. It was news to us. I was stuck in sales. I put our stuff in the car and we sat outside for four hours waiting for our room. Now I have some seriously sunburned kids. So that $75 gift went for Solarcaine, hat, tshirt, and super strong sunscreen.

They offered me a foreclosed contract, so $93 per k. I don't use ARP and my MF average is $5.02 including my program fee so I passed. I would have totally bought if it was something that I wanted. But now I won't buy because there is no way I will ever go to an update again after this day crashed and (sun)burned.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been on a list for so long that I thought that I would actually do an update if they were foolish enough to ask me. They did.

So there were a few instances of move out of our unit. We checked in yesterday and apparentdouble talk. They were trying to say that you had to buy up to the new levels to actually be at those levels. So while we are thinking that we are grandfathered, they are "selling" up to the next level in order to get those benefits. After pushing, it came out that you would be "grandfathered" to that level but you would be keeping all of your existing benefits and not receive any of the glamorous things that they have in store for new level owners.

Next, they were trying to say that PR was not going to be grandfathered to the highest level. It doesn't affect me (other than trying to sell me to PR) but it was an important point to argue. And again, after pushing, they did confirm that PR would be grandfathered up to the highest level.

Now when it comes to that highest level, they did put it out there that there would at times be upgrades beyond the normal upgrade limits. Personally, I think that if you are asking someone to go from platinum to the highest level, there had better be a whole lot more value than an extra 10% in the discount window.

This actually took about 4 hours. I was offered CWA at $93/k to get to the next level (which isn't a bad price if you wanted CWA.) If they had come out with a deed (of my choosing) for that price point, I would have done it.

And during the "update" we had to ly the system "oversold" our unit type. So they put us in a mobility unit and then this morning they told us that we had to move. What the heck! That was their problem, not my problem. So aside from being without a room for four hours and myself stuck in update, my kids are all sunburned now. They gave me a $25 resort credit. I'm not even sure that it will cover a can of Solarcaine in a Wyndham gift shop. And then it cost me 45,000 points to boot.
My question is why attend to listen to all the lies and distorted facts for max $150 amex card.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My question is why attend to listen to all the lies and distorted facts for max $150 amex card.

A $150- sure maybe. $75? No way! Tell them to pound sand!

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

To be clear, I don't rent from a VIP. I OWN my reservations.

I also don't buy contracts, strip them then dump them. I didn't go for a gift card. I went because I am looking for a very specific contract.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
My question is why 4 hours? When I commit to a sales pitch, they get the 60 minutes I agreed to, and not a minute more. The timer is set when the lips start moving.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
My question is why 4 hours? When I commit to a sales pitch, they get the 60 minutes I agreed to, and not a minute more. The timer is set when the lips start moving.
1 hour of wasted vacation time listening to lies and a sales pitch is not worth the $ Wyndham offers.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
At Clearwater. So my three nights cost 45k. They put us in the mobility (which I didn't book) and then we had to move when housekeeping came. It was news to us. I was stuck in sales. I put our stuff in the car and we sat outside for four hours waiting for our room. Now I have some seriously sunburned kids. So that $75 gift went for Solarcaine, hat, tshirt, and super strong sunscreen.

They offered me a foreclosed contract, so $93 per k. I don't use ARP and my MF average is $5.02 including my program fee so I passed. I would have totally bought if it was something that I wanted. But now I won't buy because there is no way I will ever go to an update again after this day crashed and (sun)burned.

Interesting. I keep hearing about foreclosed contracts, but I've not yet been offered any contract foreclosures whenever I've attended an update. Is this something only certain resorts can offer? Like Clearwater? I've explicitly asked telesales and have been told foreclosure contracts no longer exist. Did you also have to make a developer purchase along with the foreclosure contract? Is the $93/1000 points the average of the developer contract along with the foreclosure contract? If so, what was the k/1000 cost of the actual developer contract vs the foreclosure contract, and how many points was each contract? Specifics would help me, and others on here, to understand what options exist.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
" . . . have been told foreclosure contracts no longer exist."

Another lie? Where would the foreclosed contracts go? Or, maybe Wyndham just isn't calling them that anymore?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

So there were a few instances of double talk. They were trying to say that you had to buy up to the new levels to actually be at those levels. So while we are thinking that we are grandfathered, they are "selling" up to the next level in order to get those benefits. After pushing, it came out that you would be "grandfathered" to that level but you would be keeping all of your existing benefits and not receive any of the glamorous things that they have in store for new level owners.

And during the "update" we had to move out of our unit. We checked in yesterday and apparently the system "oversold" our unit type. So they put us in a mobility unit and then this morning they told us that we had to move. What the heck! That was their problem, not my problem. So aside from being without a room for four hours and myself stuck in update, my kids are all sunburned now. They gave me a $25 resort credit. I'm not even sure that it will cover a can of Solarcaine in a Wyndham gift shop. And then it cost me 45,000 points to boot.
Chalk it up as a learning experience and don't look back. In Wyndham"s world the $75 gift offered should of covered the 4 hours of vacation you lost to Wyndham making their problem your problem.

Last edited:

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Hitchhiker I think it's pretty much the same thing you were calling piggy back contracts. Either way they are discounted and most of the time they want you to buy regular developer points first

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
It wasn't. It sounds to me that the first owner paid enough of their loan to drop the price. I got a different offer later after that one sold for $132/k. Again, CWA.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It wasn't. It sounds to me that the first owner paid enough of their loan to drop the price. I got a different offer later after that one sold for $132/k. Again, CWA.
Sounds like the Boat left the port without you? Maybe You should of jumped all over the $93/k offer? Looks like someone else thought $132/k was a bargin. CWA does have some advantages that you're overlooking maybe. Look at the bright side of things you did recieve a $75 gift.:ponder:

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Boat left the port without you? Maybe You should of jumped all over the $93/k offer? Looks like someone else thought $132/k was a bargin. CWA does have some advantages that you're overlooking maybe. Look at the bright side of things you did recieve a $75 gift.:ponder:

The $93/k sold. The next price they had available was $132/k. Still CWA so still no what I would have considered, not that I need to consider anything.

I don't need any more Access points. I just gave away a 400k contract so I certainly don't need another one. And that was to make the jump up to Founder's which is my next level up. I already have a salesperson that has jumped through hoops for me.

I went to the sales presentation (and at the next check-in) to buy a very particular deed. What they said (true or not) is that they are only allowed to pitch a sale to make it to the next level.

The one thing that I did learn from this experience is that they bought Love Home Swap, which is sort of like an International AirBnB. I cannot figure out how to access it yet, but the salesperson had used it in Portugal. The Wyndham Rewards offerings are quite skimpy so this might really be that international travel answer.

Dglati- Your comments are not helpful nor edifying in the least. People read this forum for information. There is a TUG Lounge for chatter.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
The one thing that I did learn from this experience is that they bought Love Home Swap, which is sort of like an International AirBnB. I cannot figure out how to access it yet, but the salesperson had used it in Portugal.
The purchase was in 2017 and it was filed under RCI. There’s no indication that there’s any way of using this site using Wyndham points, if that’s what you’re looking for. https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/31/wyndham-hotel-group-buys-love-home-swap-for-53m/

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $93/k sold. The next price they had available was $132/k. Still CWA so still no what I would have considered, not that I need to consider anything.

I don't need any more Access points. I just gave away a 400k contract so I certainly don't need another one. And that was to make the jump up to Founder's which is my next level up. I already have a salesperson that has jumped through hoops for me.

I went to the sales presentation (and at the next check-in) to buy a very particular deed. What they said (true or not) is that they are only allowed to pitch a sale to make it to the next level.

The one thing that I did learn from this experience is that they bought Love Home Swap, which is sort of like an International AirBnB. I cannot figure out how to access it yet, but the salesperson had used it in Portugal. The Wyndham Rewards offerings are quite skimpy so this might really be that international travel answer.

Dglati- Your comments are not helpful nor edifying in the least. People read this forum for information. There is a TUG Lounge for chatter.

This sure sounds like a salesman LIE to me!!!! I would bet lots of money that salesman has never been to Portugal!!

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
This sure sounds like a salesman LIE to me!!!! I would bet lots of money that salesman has never been to Portugal!!

I'm pretty sure that he wasn't lying. We have been in 10 European countries since September and he sounded pretty traveled. Plus in the elevator another salesman asked how Portugal was.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe. I’m so skeptical of the salesmen cuz they lie so much about stupid stuff.

Last presentation I went to. I was talking about how much I liked to travel to National Parks. So of course the salesman tried to use that and tell me about all the great National Park trips he had been to. I asked him what his favorite National Park was and he literally struggled to even come up with the name of a single park. He was just blatantly lying to me to try and relate and make a sale. And he wasn’t very good at it.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe. I’m so skeptical of the salesmen cuz they lie so much about stupid stuff.

Last presentation I went to. I was talking about how much I liked to travel to National Parks. So of course the salesman tried to use that and tell me about all the great National Park trips he had been to. I asked him what his favorite National Park was and he literally struggled to even come up with the name of a single park. He was just blatantly lying to me to try and relate and make a sale. And he wasn’t very good at it.

Portugal is just a really random place to choose. I had a salesman tell me that RCI owned Disney. So yeah! lol

Actually, I had a salesperson just tell me that if you were in founders, all of your stays are all-inclusive for free so you didn't have to buy food.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Many sales would not happen without the lies and half truths. Not saying it makes it right. The industry as a whole is filled with sharks from sales to the exit companies. Wyndham is a great product if you learn to make it work no matter what price you bought in at. Thanks to todays technology and information from TUG we all are a little better equipped to deal with the sales weasels when we decide to attend a presentation.