• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Properties for Less - screwing around, need advice

BWC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'll reach out to them and see what they say.

Truong69

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shell vacation, palm Beach shores palm beach, Westin mission hills Palm Springs and Oyster bay resort
Sorry that this is happening. It's always a crapshoot with ebay sellers.
I have bought properties from them from eBay in December 2018. I received completion certificate from the company before hearing anything from vacation properties. I had on close in March one in April and then May and never received their incentives. One property I have 2 units and one of those closed. I have Palm Springs mission hills. And the other oyster bay one all have maintenance fee starting2020. I’ve called several times and got different stories. Then was told I’m going to have accounting put your file to the top we have just been running behind etc. yet the documentation signed and motorized says incentives sent within weeks of completion it’s been months... the. I finally get an email reply after stating the above to be told about a bankruptcy proceeding in April.... I been asking since April about incentives. This is poor business should have notified customers of the company situation but they send out an inventory list in May on properties to purchase...

Attachments

• EE0782E2-4F88-4907-AD7E-1C8AC2BBCC3C.png
    EE0782E2-4F88-4907-AD7E-1C8AC2BBCC3C.png
    160.7 KB · Views: 53

Truong69

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shell vacation, palm Beach shores palm beach, Westin mission hills Palm Springs and Oyster bay resort
Hello,

As StellerGal said, Vacation Properties for Less, LLC has filed for Chapter 11 restructure. We won an auction on eBay (for $0.01) in February 2019 and have been waiting for the transfer process to be completed. VPL LLC was in regular contact with me the first six weeks or so and then would respond to emails within 24 hours. After late May there was radio silence. I couldn’t get anyone to reply by email. Catherine finally reached out to me mid-June and said their “tilting agency is working on recording and finalizing the transfer with the resort.”

I emailed Catherine a couple of times since mid-June, but I didn’t hear from her until last week (July 25th). She said that they are waiting on the trustee assigned to them through the bankruptcy proceeding to issue checks ($186) to pay for titling, recording, and transfer fees related to our transfer and those of other buyers. She doesn’t know when this will be resolved because the timing is in the hands of the trustee.

She did say that some buyers have opted to pay the $186 fee out-of-pocket to expedite the transfer (previously the transfer fee was the responsibility of the seller). I’m vacillating as to whether or not to pay the fee in hopes of closing the transfer sooner. I’m a bit nervous about putting money into the transfer given how long the process has taken. Any advice on next steps?

Thanks.
Same problem I had but Catherine did not tell me that ... I emailed everyone who emailed me Larry Morse Catherine C and one other person

Attachments

• E80F37D7-A7A8-4F16-A030-9BCB3AA9644A.png
    E80F37D7-A7A8-4F16-A030-9BCB3AA9644A.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 42
  • EB6F0863-226E-46D1-9A2B-B5D2E09ED10E.png
    EB6F0863-226E-46D1-9A2B-B5D2E09ED10E.png
    192.8 KB · Views: 37

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
This explains a lot. This must be why they are “going through legal department” rather than just transferring my property the easy way. I was going to complete transfer myself I just haven’t gotten around to mailing the docs. TBH I hoped to use my free week this summer and since that’s not going to happen at this point I’m just hoping to have a week to put in II for exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Update- I submitted the transfer docs myself and did get the week added to my account. My MVC account did not show 2019 usage so I emailed and was told I did get it, and it will take a few days to show in account. I’m hoping it turns up soon so I can get a week deposited in II!!! Lesson learned on eBay purchases even from a company with a long history and many positive reports by Tuggers.

A note to anyone searching this company- it is likely that Vacation Properties for Less will turn up on eBay under another name -so be careful! They operate out of Ft. Lauderdale Florida and are also associated with- Resort Release, American Resource Management Group (ARMG holdings) and a few other companies.
https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/fort-laud...for-less-llc-0633-90409729/details#Bankruptcy

ETA: I did get a replacement week in II by calling MVC. :)

Last edited:

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Thanks for the advice. I'll reach out to them and see what they say.

@BWC what is the status of your property?