• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORN lock-off view

hohau

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagoon Tower by HGVC
HGVC on the Boulevard
WKORV-North
SVV Key West
I did a search on this question but couldn't find an definite answer as we are ready to buy a 2BR and do lock-off.

Let's say we have an Oceanview EOY 2BR , and decides to lock-off into different weeks. Can we at least reserve an Oceanview 1BR at 12 months, and Studio at another time (or bank) using StarOptions? We just want to make sure we will have the first lock-off reservation as we pay for.

Thanks,

Hau

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Yes you can.

hohau

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagoon Tower by HGVC
HGVC on the Boulevard
WKORV-North
SVV Key West
Awesome Thanks,

Hau

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Yes, but note that if you book any time after the Owner's priority window closes at 8 months out, you are technically using StarOptions, even if it's your home property. So if you want to reserve that guaranteed ocean view that you paid for at WKORVN, you must book before the owner's window closes.

hohau

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagoon Tower by HGVC
HGVC on the Boulevard
WKORV-North
SVV Key West
Thanks Lisa for the note. Now you're giving me the idea of going Maui twice a year:)

Hau

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as you are in the owner priority window, you will get your deeded view for each side of the lock-off. For example, if you buy an OV 2BR unit, you can stay in an OV 1BR one week and an OV studio the following week, for two weeks in Maui, provided you book the units 12-8 months before arrival. You could go to Maui two totally separate weeks too, or use one side in Maui and the other in Princeville, for example.

You could also bank one of the sides. Banked weeks no longer have the guaranteed view, since you are technically using Staroptions for those reservations.

hohau

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagoon Tower by HGVC
HGVC on the Boulevard
WKORV-North
SVV Key West
Thanks Henry, that's even better than we hoped for. We were there last month and loved the place.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
You’re welcome! I find the lock-off feature extremely useful and is an important part of my membership. Too bad it is not available at Nanea. They don’t have studios there anyway, and the number of one bedrooms is very limited.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
You’re welcome! I find the lock-off feature extremely useful and is an important part of my membership. Too bad it is not available at Nanea. They don’t have studios there anyway, and the number of one bedrooms is very limited.

It is too bad that it's not available at Nanea but that is due to Maui County, not Vistana.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maui County is indeed the reason. There was some rule about the number of units, and the lock-offs could be considered two separate units since each side can be accessed independently. They would not allow almost doubling the number of units at Nanea if lock-offs were allowed.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
There are few 1br units available in Nanea. However I ever was able to book Nanea 1br before using SOs.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are few 1br units available in Nanea. However I ever was able to book Nanea 1br before using SOs.
I have a 1 week stay In Nanea now on SOs so it is definitely possible.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I have a 1 week stay In Nanea now on SOs so it is definitely possible.

Ryan

In a 1-bed? And you don’t hear the shuttle beeping?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
In a 1-bed? And you don’t hear the shuttle beeping?

Haha.

I have 2 - 1 BRs right now though I am not staying in them so it is possible that the beeping can be heard from the 7303 unit since it faces outward. The 8308 unit is at the farthest point plus faces inward - I spent some time on that balcony earlier in the week and couldn't hear it.

Ryan

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Haha.

I have 2 - 1 BRs right now though I am not staying in them so it is possible that the beeping can be heard from the 7303 unit since it faces outward. The 8308 unit is at the farthest point plus faces inward - I spent some time on that balcony earlier in the week and couldn't hear it.

Ryan

Yeah, they moved us to building 8 inward view (8304) after the beeping was intolerable on the sixth floor of building 2 near the back. Ironically, I enjoyed the view more from building 2 (it was a nice southern view with a nice ocean view and was generally quieter than building 8, but that incessant beeping drove me up the wall).

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they moved us to building 8 inward view (8304) after the beeping was intolerable on the sixth floor of building 2 near the back. Ironically, I enjoyed the view more from building 2 (it was a nice southern view with a nice ocean view and was generally quieter than building 8, but that incessant beeping drove me up the wall).
Agreed. The exterior view from building 7 is also far superior and peaceful (bar beeping shuttle) than the interior view from building 8. The building 8 view what blocked by the ocean view unit wall on the right side, and then blocked by the building opposite on the left side.

-ryan