• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I've received several emails on the RC Yacht Collection.

How valuable are DC points? For a couple, the minimum cruise fare is $9,200.
Based on how MVC values points for usage outside the MVC timeshares, that would likely equate to somewhere in the 30-35K points needed.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For anyone who thinks they'll trade their annual MF for a cruise, I have a bridge for you. . . . .

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Interesting responses. It will probably be outrageously expensive to use points for Ritz Carlton cruises. I suspect at some point they will incorporate this travel option into the higher MVC membership levels. Maybe it will be available for Chairman's Club level?

The cruise line and suites are gorgeous. It looks like a great luxury experience.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Based on how MVC values points for usage outside the MVC timeshares, that would likely equate to somewhere in the 30-35K points needed.

That might be the case. However, the value to book Ritz Carlton Residence Clubs with points is pretty reasonable. Technically, $9200 (cash cost of cheapest cruise for a couple that someone quoted above) is equivalent to 16,637 DC points. I could see some people (like me) thinking it might be worth it one year. If it is more than that, I would pay cash. Maybe they will have discounts on late bookings that do not sell out and less popular bookings that are closer to off season or the repositioning cruises.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
That might be the case. However, the value to book Ritz Carlton Residence Clubs with points is pretty reasonable. Technically, $9200 (cash cost of cheapest cruise for a couple that someone quoted above) is equivalent to 16,637 DC points. I could see some people (like me) thinking it might be worth it one year. If it is more than that, I would pay cash. Maybe they will have discounts on late bookings that do not sell out and less popular bookings that are closer to off season or the repositioning cruises.
I am merely using readily available and easy to calculate examples of how MVC values points outside of using them to book fractional stays inside the MVC collection.

Examples:
Travel Insurance for Exec and above $199 or 800 points = 25 cents per point value
Travel Insurance for Owner and Select $99 or 450 points = 22 cents per point value
Resort Credits $110 for 325 points = 34 cents per point value.

Thus my estimated range of 30-35K points needed, at a range of assigned value per point between 31 cents and 26 cents, to equate to the previously posted $9,200 minimum.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
For this type of very special experience, we would defintely elect our weeks for points and book this one year.

Wally3433

Reaction score
What about Marriott Rewards points. Ritz Carlton Cruises are currently carved out of the MR program. I despise this. It would be great to earn 184,000 points if I pay 9200 (10 plus 5 Platinum plus 5 credit card). It would also be nice to have the option of using 300k points per person to take a cruise. Hopefully these options are coming, otherwise Ritz Carlton Cruises are completely useless and non existent to me.

BarbmC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club
Marriott BeachPlace
Marriott Vacation Club points owner
https://www.ritzcarltonyachtcollection.com

I wonder if we will eventually be able to use DC Points to book cruises on the Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection. Has anyone heard anything about this?
I was told at a recent Encore Presentation that Chairmans Level would be able to book Ritz Carlton Yacht trips - no clue if thats actually true - but it would be nice.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Looks a lot like a cruise ship, not a yacht.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Looks like the only kind of cruise I’d want to take.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
I was told at a recent Encore Presentation that Chairmans Level would be able to book Ritz Carlton Yacht trips - no clue if thats actually true - but it would be nice.

I chatted with MVC Customer Service this morning about this very question. Their response to me was 'they have no information about any plans to include Ritz Carlton Yacht access in the DC program'. Tomorrow, who knows?

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
At my Pulse, New York “ “update” the salesman told me that chairman’s level would have access to these yachts. I figure if he’s telling the truth, they would cost a lot of points and the value would not be good.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

That would be nice, if true, but it would probably take about 30,000 DPs.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The yachts actually look a lot like the power yachts of Windstar. Not difficult or particularly expensive and going to interesting ports of call.

Jim