• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SFX Data point - just got a trade into Kingsland

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I was going to update an old thread but now I can't find it. I know that opinions about SFX are all over the place so I thought that I would update with an actual exchange result. I was able to try out a Diamond membership recently (a promo in Dec, as I recall) and put in an OGS for a specific week in Hawaii in August 2020. I also restricted it to Waikoloa. I just received an exchange into Kingsland for the exact dates that I needed. I had the rep go over the resort info and there was no mention of resort fees (fingers crossed) and the exchange fee was $149. I am once again pleased (although I truly wish that there was a better way to search online).

I may consider signing up for Diamond since there are some big cost savings with the program.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
What did you deposit?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Amusing, they called me with a week for that month but I had to decline it since I had since booked another trip and forgot all about it. Glad you got it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Amusing, they called me with a week for that month but I had to decline it since I had since booked another trip and forgot all about it. Glad you got it!

Did you have a search set up? And I feel a little bit salty that I only received a lowly email and not a call!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Did you have a search set up? And I feel a little bit salty that I only received a lowly email and not a call!

Yes, I did. Well, it turns out that they did both. I just didn’t see the email so they called a day or two later, and unlike II I was able to respond to the email and they acknowledged it fairly quickly (with a slight reprimand reminding me that I had a search and they found a week within the specified time period). I logged in later that day and deleted it since I had totally forgotten about it (and they don’t send any reminders, I think a monthly update would be smart).

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

JuliGee

Reaction score
I was going to update an old thread but now I can't find it. I know that opinions about SFX are all over the place so I thought that I would update with an actual exchange result. I was able to try out a Diamond membership recently (a promo in Dec, as I recall) and put in an OGS for a specific week in Hawaii in August 2020. I also restricted it to Waikoloa. I just received an exchange into Kingsland for the exact dates that I needed. I had the rep go over the resort info and there was no mention of resort fees (fingers crossed) and the exchange fee was $149. I am once again pleased (although I truly wish that there was a better way to search online).

I may consider signing up for Diamond since there are some big cost savings with the program.

Nice trade!! My guess is, weeks like that which are in such high demand, you probably wouldn't just see sitting there with an online search anyway. From my experience, in most cases when Ive used rci or ii, the weeks you see sitting around are not usually the best weeks. Typically, the great weeks are being booked immediately to the next in line as soon as they get banked. In theory, if an exchange company only had "great weeks", you would probably see nothing available online. My daughter with family stayed at Kingsland two years ago, they loved it.

Juli

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I just received trade confirmation from SFX yesterday too for 1 br Kingsland for July-4th week. My exchange fee was $209 + $49 cancellation insurance, which I happily accepted.

ontilt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Valdoro x2
Worldmark
Thanks for posting this info. I've been searching for SFX and ironically am not getting any search results. Not even this thread appears when searching (not sure if something is not functioning). I have a week that I'd like to deposit with an exchange -- I'll scan for other threads here, but wonder if others have feedback on SFX vs. II etc.

[Edited] Not sure what's up with search, but found this thread here: https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/sfx.269446/

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@ontilt
Use Google for your search by entering this text in a google search field
SFX site:tugbbs.com

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, "sfx" is too short to search, I think. I agree with hudshut to use google, and I usually add another descriptive word - try "SFX exchange" for example.

The reason that I started this thread was that I couldn't find another recent thread that about SFX that I know existed. Searching didn't bring it up so I gave up and started a new thread.

ontilt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Valdoro x2
Worldmark
@ontilt
Use Google for your search by entering this text in a google search field
SFX site:tugbbs.com

Thank you. You've literally just taught me a new way to use google :thumbup:. Makes sense on the search being too short @klpca