• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Shearwater views

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
The Wyndham site shows
2 Bedroom Deluxe Lower Level
2 Bedroom Presidential Ocean View

I was under the impression that they are all ocean view. Can anyone comment on the difference and is it worth more points for upper level or presidential.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
The Wyndham site shows
2 Bedroom Presidential Ocean View

I was under the impression that they are all ocean view. Can anyone comment on the difference and is it worth more points for upper level or presidential.

They all have ocean views. Shearwater is on a high shear cliff (the brown area in the map), so not a huge difference between upper and lower levels - your view is of the cliff and the ocean on the horizon.

I have stayed in 106 - which supposedly has the worst views - and even it had good views IMHO. We loved it there.

The real pain here is that the railing is right at eye level when sitting on the lanai. If they would just upgrade to a glass.

Snip20190510_24.png

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
To me, it's worth it to be on the top floor for the quieter stay. The people above can be noisy, and I don't care who they are or how carefully they walk. I can hear them.

All of the units have ocean views, but some units have views that are not as good, like 106, 107 and 108. The rest are exceptional views.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I would have to rent points to get upper level so probably going to reserve lower level and maybe upgrade when I can borrow the points.

I can’t remember when I can borrow from my 2021 points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I would have to rent points to get upper level so probably going to reserve lower level and maybe upgrade when I can borrow the points.

I can’t remember when I can borrow from my 2021 points

You can borrow during the Express booking period - 90 days out.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
@ecwinch - Might you know which units are the 2 Bedroom Presidential Ocean View in / from your photo?

Also, is it worth the extra points to get a Presidential Ocean View?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Presidential is the top level, 3rd floor units. The second level is like 450K points.

I have gotten the second floor easily via exchange, unit 201, really the unit on the ends are only 2 floors and not three. Those are just as nice. 101-105 are perfect views. My favorites are in that building. There are no bad views at all at Shearwater. If you can only get a lower unit and aren't worried about noisy people upstairs, then those would be just fine. 109, perfect view, 110, same thing, but when you get around that corner to the other units, you get more of angled view, but the ocean is pretty big, so I consider all of the units oceanfront.

You would be surprised how many people will absolutely want to take Shearwater, but when you tell them it's on a cliff and not beachfront, they are like, "Well, I only want beachfront." Okay, well, almost all Kauai timeshares are not beachfront, even Westin doesn't offer that. There are a few that do offer beachfront, but not many. Lawai Beach is across the road. Poipu is down the road from the beach.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Thanks for that info - at present I am holding on to a Presidential reservation for Shearwater. We've 'accidentally' created a situation where we pooled a bunch of points into one use year so we're thinking we'll use them in order to enjoy this stay to the highest degree possible. I'm thinking we may only make one trip to Hawaii as we still have other places we want to go and the descriptions of Lihue sound like what we are looking for in a Hawaiian trip.

I'm not 100% certain we are going to hold on to this reservation but to have it in hand now is keeping the option open.

Mary W

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at Shearwater. All of the top floor units are presidential ocean view with high, cathedral ceilings. One thing to remember: there are no elevators at Shearwater, so if you get a second or third floor unit, be ready to climb stairs to bring up your luggage and groceries.

Also, many owners at Shearwater did not convert to Wyndham when Wyndham took over from Pahio. Some people still own fixed Pahio weeks, so not all units will be available for Wyndham reservations.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also note that there is no air conditioning. When the tradewinds arent blowing, it can get hot and humid during especially during summer.

People say you dont need air con in Princeville ... true when the trades are normal. But if you've been there in summer when they are not, you will not be comfortable in the unit.

I own there and love it, but it is an issue at times.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We were in 105 last summer would take that in a heartbeat. Close to pool and clubhouse with great views. The extra window on the side makes the room brighter. This is a small resort so not too many people using the pool. Noise was not an issue for us to be so close to the pool.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We were in 106 last time we stayed there. Still better than anything else other than ocean front at Kauai Beach Villas.