• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Nanea for my first visit - some thoughts

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sort of reminds of the sarcastic retort that goes something like...
World hunger must be resolved because I ate today.

In the Nanea villa we had last Sept (PL view) - we had the shuttle reverse beeping every 15 minutes for hours and hours all day/eve long - every day.
Listen to video - it does exist and is annoying for those impacted - pretty much every villa facing the front of Nanea.

Lol. Sorry. But if you took this and some of my comments out of context, people would roll their eyes.

I can see how that would drive people nuts. My 2 units are in building 6 and 8, and face the interior so we can't hear a thing.

The smell of sewage that wafts in every so often is more annoying to me. It is especially prevalent around the parking garage.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Lol. Sorry. But if you took this and some of my comments out of context, people would roll their eyes.

I can see how that would drive people nuts. My 2 units are in building 6 and 8, and face the interior so we can't hear a thing.

The smell of sewage that wafts in every so often is more annoying to me. It is especially prevalent around the parking garage.

Ryan

Correct on all counts. I had a unit near the road and the beeping was so bad they moved us to building 8. They can’t do much about the intermittent sewage smell but the beeping is intolerable. Bad planning, bad execution, and the excuse they use now is simply absurd and just shows how little they care. This is one of those things where I ignore what they say and simply judge based on performance since the front line staff obviously take a lot from guests who report the issue and really have no power to fix it, and the executives who could make a difference obviously don’t care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
The worst is naked babies in adult only hot tubs. Happened twice at WKORV-N on 2 separate trips and once in Lagunamar. The 3rd time at Lagunamar I finally said something nicely and told her they had swim diapers at the towel desk if she needed one. She replied "He pooped his swimmy and is cold. I'm just rinsing him off. I left!

Perhaps they should make it clothing optional for the adults - that might keep the kids out :)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Sorry - didn’t mean it to be misconstrued. Just saying the beeping sucks, but I was there on a Promo - so it was great for us. But, wouldn’t stay there compared to WKORV/N.

The sewer smell could also be an issue at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
When is the best time to go to Hawaii without kids being there but still a good time to enjoy great warm weather? After this post I’ll be booking WKOVN though haha

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
When is the best time to go to Hawaii without kids being there but still a good time to enjoy great warm weather? After this post I’ll be booking WKOVN though haha
Anytime outside of school vacation. Memorial day to mid August, Christmas, new years, spring break are all times to avoid if you dont want lots of kids around.

Ryan

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Anytime outside of school vacation. Memorial day to mid August, Christmas, new years, spring break are all times to avoid if you dont want lots of kids around.

Ryan

Hmm i was I’m Bahamas this past Memorial Day week. It wasn’t too bad. Thanks. Maybe early May might be good. I’m sure the weather is great as well? Warm waters? I’ve sent people to Hawaii on my ownerships. I’ve never gone.

jackball

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
We were at Nanea in late June to early July and loved it. We’ve stayed at both WKORV properties and personally preferred Nanea. Granted we are a family of four, but the 2BR layout of Nanea was awesome. Our teenage kids had their own room and we had ours, but it felt like we were all in one space rather than feeling like 2 separate rooms joined together at WKORV. The pool was a little warm in the afternoon, and we did get the occasional sewage smell. We were in 8103, nice view of the ocean on the back side of the resort. We actually loved the ground floor because we didn’t have to wait on the elevators. I could run to my room and make a piña colada easier than I could get one from the bar! We were not near the beeping shuttle, but I can see how that would be annoying to those in close proximity. In all we loved the resort and will definitely return again.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Hmm i was I’m Bahamas this past Memorial Day week. It wasn’t too bad. Thanks. Maybe early May might be good. I’m sure the weather is great as well? Warm waters? I’ve sent people to Hawaii on my ownerships. I’ve never gone.

In my experience, Maui is generally great anytime from March to December.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fewer kids are out of school Memorial day weekend so probably fine. For example, SF school district is out but few others outside of Sf.

So Memorial day is probably fine but in only increases from their through peak summer.

Ryan

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Fewer kids are out of school Memorial day weekend so probably fine. For example, SF school district is out but few others outside of Sf.

So Memorial day is probably fine but in only increases from their through peak summer.

Ryan

Texas and many colleges are out by Memorial Day. We would travel the third week in May through Memorial Day for a business conference. It was quiet before but got very busy over the Mem Day weekend.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

We also book outside of times when large numbers of kids would be present. This is our months for booking Maui to avoid excessive numbers of kids: January/February/May/September/October/November/early December

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
We also book outside of times when large numbers of kids would be present. This is our months for booking Maui to avoid excessive numbers of kids: January/February/May/September/October/November/early December
I’m thinking May is the winner for me

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
We have been to Hawaii 3 times. April, September and October. The water in April was pretty cold. September and October were actually very nice. We are going to try for early November next year to see how that compares.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
January or February are our favorite months to go to Hawaii. The right time for us for a much needed sun boost to get us through the last of winter. Plus the whale are there.

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went in April and it was too cloudy and cool for us. It was annoying being at the pool in a sweatshirt. Next trip is September so hoping for sunnier/warmer days!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We went in April and it was too cloudy and cool for us. It was annoying being at the pool in a sweatshirt. Next trip is September so hoping for sunnier/warmer days!

Yet, we were there from March 21 - April 9 and the weather was great.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last note as I leave for Kona...

The vent hoods here are lousy. We set off the smoke detector twice cooking bacon and burgers in the unit with the vent on high.

Maintenance says it happens all the time and that they hate the vent hoods. Advice was.to use the 2 back burners, put vent on high, open sliding door and turn ceiling fan on.

That being said, loved our stay here.

They are providing Marriott offers to come back. $1199 for a 2BR for 5 nights was my offer - totally reasonable and I'd take them up on it except we already have a booking for next year. $199 deposit down must return in 18 months.

Ryan

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Last note as I leave for Kona...

The vent hoods here are lousy. We set off the smoke detector twice cooking bacon and burgers in the unit with the vent on high.

Maintenance says it happens all the time and that they hate the vent hoods. Advice was.to use the 2 back burners, put vent on high, open sliding door and turn ceiling fan on.

That being said, loved our stay here.

They are providing Marriott offers to come back. $1199 for a 2BR for 5 nights was my offer - totally reasonable and I'd take them up on it except we already have a booking for next year. $199 deposit down must return in 18 months.

Ryan

Thanks for the updates. Maui is great. We will be there in a few weeks.
We did a 5-nite Nanea Promo for ~$650 last Sept that included a rental car. It was supposed to be a 1Bd, but ended up with 2Bd (PL view).

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
LOL! Nanea is a lovely resort. Can't wait to go back. I think you're stretching it a bit to complain about the place. Plus I like the beach better than the pools. And you can walk to the other resorts in like 2 minutes... Amazing what people complain about....

I think you should complain about the people who go there, not the place. Plus I don't think babies are allowed in hot tubs. Don't you have to be 16 or something? Aren't there signs? I'd complain to the staff. It's dangerous, actually (I'm sure there is a law).

I will say I don't care for that big bath tub off the master bedroom though. Waste of space! We used it to to dry our towels and bathing suits! But to each his own.