• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
This is weird. I just checked Marriott and both of my upcoming stays (Lagunamar in October-SO rez and St. John in February-Home rez) are listed and I did not contact owner services to add my Marriott #. I was going to email like was suggested above, but I will wait and see if my stays are credited to my account.

Ok, gets weirder, I have two separate listings for my Lagunamar rez, with two different confirmation #'s. Gonna be interesting to see what happens. (Maybe because it's a 2 BR LO?)

Vistana rep just told me that's how it shows up in Marriott for 2 BR LOs. Mine look that way, too.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I’ve had problems with both hotel stays and timeshare. They will be on the Marriott site but when we check out, gone. Missing stay requests have worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Vistana rep just told me that's how it shows up in Marriott for 2 BR LOs. Mine look that way, too.

It's not the way universally. I have a Vistana Home Resort reservation for WKORVN for a 2-bedroom lockff for September but it is not showing as two reservations on Marriott.com. Don't you love the consistency?

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
I really should call and fight for this. I guess just call bonvoy? here is one for everyone, if I rent from someone else and go, does that matter?

If you rent from someone and your Bonvoy # is on the reservation, you get the elite nights.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
If you rent from someone and your Bonvoy # is on the reservation, you get the elite nights.
Thanks! I really should fight. That’s 12 nights I’m leaving on the table lol.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score

Well, that's new -- it used to show a single 2BR booking, and now I too see double bookings for 2BR LOs, each saying they are a 1BR, studio, or 1BR Larger depending on the specific property...

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Marriott is still denying my Nite Stays at WSJ claiming they were made using a travel industry rate.

“While researching your request, we found that the charges on this receipt were booked using a travel industry rate. Travel industry rates are wholesale rates which do not qualify for any Marriott Bonvoy earnings, including points, airline credit, and Elite Nights.”

Then...

“If our records show that stays booked using a travel industry rates were incorrectly posted to your account in the past. Credit for these ineligible stays that have already posted to your account will remain on your account; however, I apologize that I can’t manually add stays that were booked using these ineligible rates.”

So... Marriott Customer Service is claiming that VSE/VSN reservations do not qualify for Nite Stays. Arg!

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep trying! It took me a couple of weeks of back and forth to convince them. Make sure they understand you are an owner staying at a Marriott timeshare.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I agree keep trying. I had to respond back several times. I received the same form email you got regarding travel industry rate. I responded back with:

"I don't know where you got your information. but this is my home timeshare stay. I am entitled to the elite night credit."

Then I received this:

"Thank you for your reply. I hope this will finds you well.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding. Thank you for letting us know of your issue request. Upon reviewing, I have credited the elite nights to your Marriott Bonvoy Account.

If we can be of further assistance, please contact our customer service group at:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/customer-support.mi

Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Sincerely,
Neha
Marriott Bonvoy Guest Services "

So, keep replying back to them. :) I was going to copy and paste the info from when the systems were combined, but I didn't get the chance.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
Yes, keep on them. I had to send them a copy of the email we received saying TS stays got elite night credit. After that they posted them to my account.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have often replied with a copy paste from the Bonvoy T&C along with a cut and paste from the email we received from Vistana indicating we would start earning elite night credits. That has done the trick so far. THough we still shouldn't have to beg for the nights.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I have often replied with a copy paste from the Bonvoy T&C along with a cut and paste from the email we received from Vistana indicating we would start earning elite night credits. That has done the trick so far. THough we still shouldn't have to beg for the nights.

It does feel like begging, doesn’t it? Especially after they accuse us of having a non qualified rate, weren’t even there, etc etc. It’s just absurd how poorly they handle these issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
It does feel like begging, doesn’t it? Especially after they accuse us of having a non qualified rate, weren’t even there, etc etc. It’s just absurd how poorly they handle these issues.

It's just absurd how poorly they're trained!

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
I have yet to see a Vistana reservation show up on Marriott.com. Currently with II exchanges and Vistana reservations, there is no Marriott confirmation number. So there is no way to call and add your Marriott Bonvoy number to the reservation prior to checkin.

I just checked and both of my upcoming SO reservations are showing up on Marriott.com .... one for Lagunamar in November and one for Sheraton Desert Oasis for next March. Funny thing is that the ticket at the top of the page where it says Upcoming Reservations says I have 3, but I only really have 2 and only 2 show up in the details section.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I finally received my night credits, but it took a manager at WDW to make it happen. He wasn’t even aware, a year after the announcement, that we were entitled to them. To his credit, he has asked for examples of other VSN resorts that do apply the night credits automatically as they are trying to fix it. Obviously, someone goofed in the system integration of the WDW resort. I’m just amazed it’s over a year and this is still going on. Can you imagine how many others this has likely impacted? I suspect many don’t even bother checking their account to verify they received their credit and, when/if they inquired, didn’t follow up after being told by Marriott that their stay didn’t quality. And some people question why I prefer doing business with small companies...

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR

It is how I felt when I tried to fight for 3 hotel night credits earlier this year. They made me feel like they are doing me a favor to investigate and open the cases. If they don’t mess up first, I don’t have to call. Eventually just last week, I received 5 nights credits when I only asked for 3. If it’s not because I need 3 additional credits to qualify for Titanium this year and next year, I really don’t want to deal with Marriott anymore.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

It does feel like begging - I already spent too much time dealing with this. I did get 7 of my 14 nites posted (2nd WSJ week, but not 1st week?). It did help to send them the section that shows the VSE stays get nite stay credits.

Now... going to wait a week to see if the other 7 nites get posted. At least I can now show them that I received credit for the 2nd 7 nites as proof.

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
It does feel like begging - I already spent too much time dealing with this. I did get 7 of my 14 nites posted (2nd WSJ week, but not 1st week?). It did help to send them the section that shows the VSE stays get nite stay credits.

Now... going to wait a week to see if the other 7 nites get posted. At least I can now show them that I received credit for the 2nd 7 nites as proof.

I emailed to get my husband number associated with an upcoming reservation that we can not see on his Marriott.com trip page. here is the response.

“It would be my pleasure to assist you.

I can confirm that your Marriott Bonvoy™ Account Number xxxxxxxxx is currently linked to your Vacation Ownership Interest (VOI), and your reservations automatically qualify for nightly stay credits with Marriott Bonvoy.

You may confirm your qualifying reservations by contacting Marriott Bonvoy by phone at 888.625.4990. Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for assistance. “

So even though I got this nice email, I still can’t see the resie on his account.

In my Bonvoy account, I see 4 reservations that i have under my name.
Right now the sticking point is DH. I will let you know after my stay.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Is it possible the reservation is in your name with his Bonvoy number attached to it?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I am missing 14 nite stays - 7 from before (WSJ week), and now 7 from a WPORV Home Resort stay in Sept.

My 5-nite SO stay at SKR did show.

Tired of chasing these nites, but now will be short of 25 stays.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Is it possible the reservation is in your name with his Bonvoy number attached to it?
Anything is possible!

Vistana had the wrong Bonvoy number for me; once they fixed that I know see all my resies in my Bonvoy account.

The above email I quoted was specifically addressed to Mr Grayfal, not me.
Will report back after my stay next month.

BradC

Reaction score
I received the same "travel industry rate" response when asking for elite credit for my Explorer Package stay, but I assumed that might be legit. Does anyone know if Explorer Packages should count towards elite night credit?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I received the same "travel industry rate" response when asking for elite credit for my Explorer Package stay, but I assumed that might be legit. Does anyone know if Explorer Packages should count towards elite night credit?

EP stays do not count towards night stay credits.

Promo stays also do not qualify.

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score

That happens to us every time. I called Vistana to change the name on our booking from me to my husband, and they had a Bonvoy number that didn't belong to either of us. They assured me that they had corrected the error, and it had his number attached. However, it still had my EMAIL address, and when we checked in to WPOVR last week, their records showed it crediting to me. We corrected it, but at checkout it had reverted to me, and the receptionist had to cancel our checkout, reapply his information and check us out again, then check us in (under his information, including his email) for our second week, which we are currently enjoying. Neither of us have received credit for the stay, but it was just yesterday, so we will give it a couple of days before we get our knickers in a twist. And I am certain that we'll have to go through this again when we check out next week.

I'm the lead on our Vistana account, so I think that the issue is with them not properly transmitting his info to Marriott. We have a future booking that we made under his login, and it's still showing up in my Bonvoy account, not his. It's very annoying, but those stays get him to Titanium, so I channel my dog who wouldn't give up her chicken leg without a fight.