• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Points and Grandview

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen several suggestions about purchasing Grandview in Las Vegas for getting access to RCI points, and suggestions to look at contracts offering 49,000 RCI points (for 1 bedroom) or 98,000 RCI points (for 2 bedroom). In addition to the regular maintenance fees, what else would I have to pay RCI to take advantage of this?

I know there is an annual membership fee to join RCI, and also an Exchange fee, so if I do one trip per year I have to pay each of those fees. Any other fees I need to know about?

What kinds of resorts are typically available for X number of points in RCI? In other words, how far does 49,000 points or 98,000 points get me? I’d be looking for 1 BR or 2 BR units (not studios). Possible locations to visit would be Orlando, Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head, with Orlando being the main destination. We usually book our trips 6 to 7 months in advance to get good prices on flights. We are tied to the school calendar, so would have to go at the higher demand times, although not necessarily the very peak times like Christmas or Easter.

In Orlando, what are the chances of snagging one of these at any of the Hilton resorts, or Wyndham Bonnet Creek? I know DVC is also a possibility with 1 BR in Saratoga being the most likely get, which would be fine with us. Any estimate on the number of RCI points these would take?

This would be purely as a trader - we have no interest in visiting Las Vegas.

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depending on season and how last minute, 1BR SSR can be 25k, or as high as 100k. Bonnet Creek is achievable as well. You’ll need an ongoing search to snag them. They’re on the high point end. Better exchange value in Orlando is Vacation Villages Pkwy. It’s a sister resort of Grandview and regularly available for only the exchange fee as a perk of VV ownership. Don’t buy VV Pkwy, just exchange into it. Grandview is better value.

I’ve exchanged this year into a 3BR in the NH mountains (July 4 week) and a 2BR in the Georgia mountains (Thanksgiving week) with my 98k Grandview and I still have 19k points left over. You do have to pay the exchange fee for each exchange and RCI dues. $209-$239 per week exchanged and $100/yr for RCI membership. Some resorts have cleaning fees or resort fees.

Hope this is helpful.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen several suggestions about purchasing Grandview in Las Vegas for getting access to RCI points, and suggestions to look at contracts offering 49,000 RCI points (for 1 bedroom) or 98,000 RCI points (for 2 bedroom). In addition to the regular maintenance fees, what else would I have to pay RCI to take advantage of this?

I know there is an annual membership fee to join RCI, and also an Exchange fee, so if I do one trip per year I have to pay each of those fees. Any other fees I need to know about?

What kinds of resorts are typically available for X number of points in RCI? In other words, how far does 49,000 points or 98,000 points get me? I’d be looking for 1 BR or 2 BR units (not studios). Possible locations to visit would be Orlando, Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head, with Orlando being the main destination. We usually book our trips 6 to 7 months in advance to get good prices on flights. We are tied to the school calendar, so would have to go at the higher demand times, although not necessarily the very peak times like Christmas or Easter.

In Orlando, what are the chances of snagging one of these at any of the Hilton resorts, or Wyndham Bonnet Creek? I know DVC is also a possibility with 1 BR in Saratoga being the most likely get, which would be fine with us. Any estimate on the number of RCI points these would take?

This would be purely as a trader - we have no interest in visiting Las Vegas.

I did exactly what you are thinking of doing 3 years ago. I have visited all your target locations numerous times with our 98K Grandview, which I got for $250 all-in.

So far, I have gotten 3 weeks a year out of my 98K points. I have stayed at Saratoga Springs four times, paying from 68,000 points to around 25,000 points. Note that Disney charges a hefty $190 resort fee on top of your exchange fee.

I have also stayed at Bonnet Creek, Vacation Village at Parkway, Regal Vistas in Virginia and Island Links in Hilton Head.

There is a great deal of value in RCI if you are not picky and like to travel to places with lots of inventory, such as Orlando and Williamsburg. You can get weeks for as little as 8,000 points to some great places, although you likely won't find a Disney resort for that. I have snagged a Bonnet Creek stay for that once.

The key to extracting value out of any timeshare is using it. The more you go and maximize your point usage, the lower your per-week cost. Plus you stay in much larger accommodations than a hotel. It also helps to be able to plan ahead for some stays -- and to be flexible when looking for deals.

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
Ok, yes this is a GREAT entry point to timesharing... a number of years ago we bought a 121,000 point Grandview and could not be happier... we have NEVER stayed at the Grandview but have take numerous vacations to Myrtle Beach (1), Orlando (1), Hilton Head (4), Hawaii (1) and Las Vegas (1)... if you can find the 121,000 point contract its the same MF as the 98,000 GET IT!!! if you have any questions please send me a message or look back at my previous postings on this subject.... we LOVE to Timeshare... it is the adventure of the hunt for me.... Dave

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depending on season and how last minute, 1BR SSR can be 25k, or as high as 100k. Bonnet Creek is achievable as well. You’ll need an ongoing search to snag them. They’re on the high point end. Better exchange value in Orlando is Vacation Villages Pkwy. It’s a sister resort of Grandview and regularly available for only the exchange fee as a perk of VV ownership. Don’t buy VV Pkwy, just exchange into it. Grandview is better value.

I’ve exchanged this year into a 3BR in the NH mountains (July 4 week) and a 2BR in the Georgia mountains (Thanksgiving week) with my 98k Grandview and I still have 19k points left over. You do have to pay the exchange fee for each exchange and RCI dues. $209-$239 per week exchanged and $100/yr for RCI membership. Some resorts have cleaning fees or resort fees.

Hope this is helpful.
what resort in NH if you do not mind?

bladiator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Attitash Mountain Resort
I am still trying to wrap my head around time sharing in the last month or so .... was wondering if there is a worry that the Grandview timeshares are going to go up in price because they finally sell off all their inventory or .... ? I guess what I mean is, is this a temporary low and a jump is expected? Because it seems too good to be true.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am still trying to wrap my head around time sharing in the last month or so .... was wondering if there is a worry that the Grandview timeshares are going to go up in price because they finally sell off all their inventory or .... ? I guess what I mean is, is this a temporary low and a jump is expected? Because it seems too good to be true.
It has stayed pretty steady for several years. And Las Vegas is not subject to hurricanes or earthquakes that might result in a special assessment for rebuilding. The Grandview buildings are concrete, so they aren't going anywhere.

Too good to be true? No, it's just a pretty realistic way to get into points timesharing at a fair cost. I wish It had been available when I bought my points TS 15+ years ago that just nets me about 2/3 of the points I'd get at Grandview, and I have gone around the world on those points. Spain, Italy, Cape Cod, Florida, Williamsburg, Hawaii, Oregon and many others. Go for it!

Jim

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score

What's too good to be true is how timeshare developers sell something for $20K that is only worth $1.