• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summit Watch is our new fav summer mountain destination

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the last 20+ years, we've been to more than a dozen different mountain resorts in summer. We love to hike, bike, etc. That, and, it's nice to get away from frequent 120+ heat index days back home for a few weeks. We've been to Marriotts, Westins, Sheratons, independents. Compared to any and all of those, our new favorite is definitely Marriott Summit Watch.

The things we like include (and I always forget some things):

Trails - From hiking, to biking, and more, they are simply right outside the door. No need to drive even. The trails have been very well marked here in Park City too.
Shops - They are literally again right outside the door. If you like quiet, don't face Main Street.
Weather - Unlike Colorado, Lake Tahoe, etc., it's in between hot and cool. Colorado was always too cold for our tastes. Low 80's and high 70's is just perfect.
EV Chargers - all over the place, even by hiking trails
General things to do - Endless, from art shows, to Olympic Park, whitewater river tubing, and dozens more
Resort - Very quiet rooms that are good sized. The 2BR can sleep 8 fairly well. And they are simply nice and cozy.

Let me say, seeing a ski jump up close, it's much scarier than on TV (of course). You can ride the bobsled track in summer, and many more activities there.

Just wanted to post some quick thoughts in case it's useful to someone.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I agree. We were there a couple summers ago and loved it. Will certainly be back.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
In the last 20+ years, we've been to more than a dozen different mountain resorts in summer. We love to hike, bike, etc. That, and, it's nice to get away from frequent 120+ heat index days back home for a few weeks. We've been to Marriotts, Westins, Sheratons, independents. Compared to any and all of those, our new favorite is definitely Marriott Summit Watch.

The things we like include (and I always forget some things):

Trails - From hiking, to biking, and more, they are simply right outside the door. No need to drive even. The trails have been very well marked here in Park City too.
Shops - They are literally again right outside the door. If you like quiet, don't face Main Street.
Weather - Unlike Colorado, Lake Tahoe, etc., it's in between hot and cool. Colorado was always too cold for our tastes. Low 80's and high 70's is just perfect.
EV Chargers - all over the place, even by hiking trails
General things to do - Endless, from art shows, to Olympic Park, whitewater river tubing, and dozens more
Resort - Very quiet rooms that are good sized. The 2BR can sleep 8 fairly well. And they are simply nice and cozy.

Let me say, seeing a ski jump up close, it's much scarier than on TV (of course). You can ride the bobsled track in summer, and many more activities there.

Just wanted to post some quick thoughts in case it's useful to someone.

Hey Steve, I notice you are going to Marco Island this year. I have it booked with family for next summer. You have to tell me more.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. We really enjoyed our stay there last summer. It was a weird treat to watch ski jumpers practice at/in the pool!

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do the units have air conditioning? I somehow recall that they don't. If no, any comments. This has always been on my list, but we've never gone.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
They sure do have AC. Of course, not needed on cooler days.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Steve thanks for your post and detailing why you liked it. I agree. We spent three nights in a 1BR unit there in June and loved it. The unit faced Main St. but the noise wasn’t too bad except in the morning when the trucks etc started pulling up. Maybe we got lucky.

I recall another Tugger mentioning in another thread that the pool isn’t as nice as the one at Mountainside. We visited Mountainside and agree with that assessment. However, that resort isn’t as conveniently located as Summit Watch.

We look forward to staying at one of these resorts again.

Best regards.

Mike

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Park City is our favorite summer destination, although we now prefer going after Labor Day to avoid the summer crowds. We prefer Mountainside because of the better pool and fitness center, but Summit Watch is also really nice. Please don't let too many people know about this gem so it will remain available and uncrowded during this time of year. Mirror Lake is our favorite hiking area.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at Summit Watch a few weeks ago for the first time. We had a great time and definitely plan on going back.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
NO! NO! It's NOT a good place. It's NOT.

Next time you go back plan an evening at the St. Regis Deer Valley. Sit out on the patio with your favorite cocktail and watch the sunset.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points

Next time you go back plan an evening at the St. Regis Deer Valley. Sit out on the patio with your favorite cocktail and watch the sunset.
Not to mention the cool ride to the top in the funicular. Damn it, I just mentioned it. ;-)

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

The St Regis Deer Valley has their signature bloody mary which is topped with wasabi foam and rimmed with black volcanic lava salt. There is a pipette of Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce so that you can individually choose the level of spice you want to augment.

Needless to say, it is likely the best bloody mary you will ever have.
pc-food-bloody.jpg

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

And ride the funicular. Totally agree the St. Regis is awesome. But Summit Watch’s location can’t be beat...

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve, how is the food/bar scene? Prices, quality, etc.

I'm not a good one to ask. We timeshare as we eat in. One of those! But the street life on main street is quite busy and lively.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is that wine and alcohol must be purchased in state stores. These are closed on Sundays, holidays, and voting days and prices are higher than most places. There are also some restrictions in how alcohol is served in bars and restaurants, but I don't know the details.

Since Park City is a ski resort, there are several excellent restaurants in the area. They often have good specials during mud season.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
The restrictions for serving alcohol in Utah are not a big deal. There has to be a partition between the restaurant and the bar which means you can eat at the bar and you can drink in the restaurant. Confused? If you are visiting for drinks only, then sit in the bar area.

There is a spirits store and the High West Distillery within walking distance of the Summittwatch property. There is a wine store within the property.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Utah state liquor store requirement means that bottled wine and liquor has to be purchased in designated stores at a predetermined fixed price. This actually has a big positive feature - you can just go to the closest liquor store and pay the same as any other state liquor store. This is a great feature at a place like the Snowbird base lodge. At any other state, we would be charged a premium for slopeside liquor purchases on a destination ski resort. In Utah, it is the same price as going to Costco!

Last edited:

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve, how is the food/bar scene? Prices, quality, etc.
Food and drinks at Park City is excellent.

The No Name Saloon is particularly noteworthy for a few drinks.

A few great restaurants on Main Street: Riverhorse on Main, Yaki Yama Sushi, Chimayo.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Utah state liquor store requirement means that bottled wine and liquor has to be purchased in designated stores at a predetermined fixed price. This actually has a big positive feature - you can just go to the closest liquor store and pay the same as any other state liquor store. This is a great feature at a place like the Snowbird base lodge. At any other state, we would be charged a premium for slopeside liquor purchases on a destination ski resort. In Utah, it is the same price as going to Costco!

It is similar in Ohio. The wine prices are the same everywhere, but much higher than in other states where I can save a lot at a Costco or Total Wine.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
It is similar in Ohio. The wine prices are the same everywhere, but much higher than in other states where I can save a lot at a Costco or Total Wine.
Are the prices higher or lower than in states without such laws? Can you give some examples of a cost of a particular brand of wine?

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the prices higher or lower than in states without such laws? Can you give some examples of a cost of a particular brand of wine?
I generally recall that prices were $2 or 3 more for a $10 bottle of wine. I think a Dom Perignon was about $175 which is similar to New York prices.