• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I’m in Hawaii now

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Another milestone down, I checked out of the hotel and I’m staying at the apartment now.

Just a little cloudy today no rain yet here anyway.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jeff, I can't wait for this type post in Feb. when we are up to our kiesters in snow and you're rubbing in the sunscreen. Thanks a LOT, Buddy!

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV

How are the waves from "Erick"?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Jeff, I can't wait for this type post in Feb. when we are up to our kiesters in snow and you're rubbing in the sunscreen. Thanks a LOT, Buddy!

My wife said she is really looking forward to posting stuff like that this winter. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How are the waves from "Erick"?

I much here. There were a few bigger waves last night while I was at the beach but nothing too bad.

Flossie was supposed to be a little stronger and it’s Yakima different path but it has really weaken with the shear but we may get some rain and wind from her.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Saw my first one today. :)

E28E9A2E-7555-46DF-8975-619D20B72E65.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Found a nice reasonable place for some Korean Food. Shoyu Chicken and rice for $7.00, really good too.

27B16C66-BA7F-449D-9409-EFCE6153E72A.jpeg

Attachments

• 5FA8263C-A5ED-41E5-BD15-78555FED6CC0.jpeg
    5FA8263C-A5ED-41E5-BD15-78555FED6CC0.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
First night in the apartment went well. There was a concert across the street so it was nice hearing the Hawaiian music fo a couple hours.

Today I have to get everything ready that I have to take into work tomorrow. Not too much to do so it will be a lazy Sunday.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow will be your first day as a "real" Hawaiian! No longer a "touron" (as they are referred to by locals in every tourist place I've ever lived in, LOL!)

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
First night in the apartment went well. There was a concert across the street so it was nice hearing the Hawaiian music fo a couple hours.

Today I have to get everything ready that I have to take into work tomorrow. Not too much to do so it will be a lazy Sunday.

Wow Jeff, it seems like you did find a gem of a location to rent. What was the venue for the concert across the street?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow Jeff, it seems like you did find a gem of a location to rent. What was the venue for the concert across the street?

Thank You.

I never looked into it. It may have been something for the school?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
First day of work in the books. Learned a lot about their systems and I have more to learn. I see that I have a lot to do also.

Everyone was really nice. So far so good.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
First week went well. Starting to learn how they do things. All in all a very good start.

It takes me a little under 20 minutes to get to work and about 35 to get home. A little longer than I wanted on the way home but not too bad.

I verified with my new boss that I still have the first week of September off. I also need a day to get my car inspected and then go to the DMV to get my new plates. I’ll have to get my license too. Hopefully I can do it all at one.

My wife’s last day at work is 8-28-19 and she leaves for Hawaii on 08-31-19.
I will met her at the airport and get her bags so we can go over to Hawaiian Airlines because we’re flying their Ohana plane to Molokai. We had this trip planned for almost a year.

The car should be there so we will have to pick that up but since it’s a holiday we probably won’t be able to get it until Tuesday.

We will get to see our new windows and sliding lanai door for the first time too.

After that we’ll head back to Oahu so my wife can see the apartment for the first time.

I’ll start a new thread for our Molokai trip.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
How's the house sale going? Everything around Madison is selling quickly. I have a friend trying to buy and her experience so far is your offer has to be 10k over asking.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How's the house sale going? Everything around Madison is selling quickly. I have a friend trying to buy and her experience so far is your offer has to be 10k over asking.

I don’t think I’m that lucky but we’ll see. The online auction lady has everything put together and organized. She will start uploading the pictures this week. There’s an open house day where people can come in and look at everything. She said she also got several inquiries about the house too. She refers them to the realtor.

The auction should be done on 08-28-19 and that’s when it can start to be shown by realtors.

Our auction will show up on the link below.

https://www.girlwithagavel.com/upcoming-auctions

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Went down to Waikiki beach tonight and I forgot Kalakaua was blocked off because of a street fair. So I walked that for a while and stopped into Maui Brewing for dinner. Chicken Katsu sandwich with house cut fries and a Bikini Blonde ale. Then I had a Papaya Boba shake for the walk home.

103DE76C-CD75-47EF-B732-785CF6A84523.jpeg
C1DBF27F-498F-4C85-B8FF-7F9B5E7080A1.jpeg

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two weeks to a Bikini Blonde on Maui for me!

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
One month today for me!
We were in Maui in May and went to both Breweries in the Kaanapali area. Maui Brewing Company and the other one is near Lahaina. The Coconut Stout from Maui Brewing was great. We were with friends who live in Maui and they just sent us a Quart Bottle of the new release Coconut Stout here in NY.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
57B88189-345F-4E09-BBDC-6C95562C4558.jpeg
I back to the real world now. Doing laundry on a beautiful day. :)

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Not the 'real world' view most of us have.

I mentioned about the friend trying to buy a house...yesterday they made an offer 11k over asking. (Which was at least 50k over assessed value) Their offer was not accepted, they think it went for another 20 or 30k. So I have a feeling you won't be waiting long for a buyer.

P.S. Asked me where your house is. (Won't work tho, she's a Veterinarian working in Madison and he travels for work, but based out of Chi-town. )

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not the 'real world' view most of us have.

I mentioned about the friend trying to buy a house...yesterday they made an offer 11k over asking. (Which was at least 50k over assessed value) Their offer was not accepted, they think it went for another 20 or 30k. So I have a feeling you won't be waiting long for a buyer.

P.S. Asked me where your house is. (Won't work tho, she's a Veterinarian working in Madison and he travels for work, but based out of Chi-town. )

Wow, that would be great to say the least. The house is in a rural subdivision between Baraboo, Reedsburg and Lake Delton. It’s a good 40 minutes for Madison though.

The auction lady started uploading lots onto her website. She found stuff I haven’t see in years. :)

https://girlwithagavel.hibid.com/auctions/

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
The auction lady started uploading lots onto her website. She found stuff I haven’t see in years. :)

HA-HA That's funny, hopefully nothing embarrassing

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HA-HA That's funny, hopefully nothing embarrassing

:):p No, not at all. Just a bunch of stuff that I would never have thought of selling. Plus I forgot how much stuff we had. She has a lot to list yet.