• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Auto Vandalism at Mountain Vista

1songbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a nice stay at Wyndham Mountain Vista but on our last night there our vehicle was damaged. It appears someone shot off a large firework that fell over and shot our SUV causing damage. We could see the powder burns on the parking lot as well as on the vehicle. We submitted a report to security. I love how dark and quiet it was but now wonder if that was part of the problem. I know vandalism can happen anywhere but this is frustrating. On top of that we witnessed Wyndham sales sharks take advantage of an elderly couple. Pretty sure they are now new owners even though they didn’t want to buy and certainly didn’t understand that was what they were doing. Left me feeling terrible but I wasn’t sure what to do.

Melody

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
We had a nice stay at Wyndham Mountain Vista but on our last night there our vehicle was damaged. It appears someone shot off a large firework that fell over and shot our SUV causing damage. We could see the powder burns on the parking lot as well as on the vehicle. We submitted a report to security. I love how dark and quiet it was but now wonder if that was part of the problem. I know vandalism can happen anywhere but this is frustrating. On top of that we witnessed Wyndham sales sharks take advantage of an elderly couple. Pretty sure they are now new owners even though they didn’t want to buy and certainly didn’t understand that was what they were doing. Left me feeling terrible but I wasn’t sure what to do.

Melody
Wyndham sharks prey on the elderly, and the less fortunate. I know this has nothing to do with the vandalism, but it often makes me sick to watch some of these liars in action, and their lie filled sales tactics. In a group presentation once, they told a passionate story of a family who went on their dream trip, (To a Wyndham resort of course). They got the photo of a lifetime while on this Vacation, and 2 months later, the dad died. But they will always have that memory, so buy a timeshare, before it's too late. My wife and I both wanted to throw up. Hope they do something for you on the Vandalism!!

1songbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I felt the same way about how this elderly couple were being led to type in their social security numbers and etc. yet the whole time verbally saying they didn’t want to buy a timeshare and didn’t know why they were being asked to type it into the salesman’s computer. The lady couldn’t hear well & the gentleman said he couldn’t see well. Like you, it made me want to vomit! They won’t do anything about the vandalism. They have signs on property saying they are not responsible for theft, damage, the usual. I believe they need to look into better lighting. Possibly even security doing more surveillance and just being visible. We always lock our doors and remove valuables but wanted to warn others that even though Branson is a safe area, it pays to be vigilant. Thanks for your kind thoughts!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
If any of the parties involved are 60 or over it can be construed as elder abuse. The law takes a very dim view of elder abuse and even Wyndham can't skate on that. You just hope they have adult children or grandchildren involved in their lives who ask about their financial dealings and keep an eye on their affairs.

1songbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
They were well past their 60’s! I spoke briefly with them and gave them a slip of paper with this website. The gentleman told me he knew nothing about the internet so I told him to get his children and/or grandchildren to help him and instructed him to do it right away. The salesman saw my husband staring him down but he had no conscience at all. We can only hope they have someone to help them and they can get it done during the short rescission period! Just sickening!

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have on more than one occasion been in an elevator with a salesman and prospective buyers and said something about what a terrible idea it is to buy from the developer.

I hope the people took my advise to heart and didn’t buy, but of course the salesman always have a slick comeback about why you should buy from the developer instead of resale.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I witnessed a terrible bunch of lies on an elevator while on a presentation for Shell. I think that is the reason some resorts have a special elevator to the sales floor because they don't want someone saying something to a person in the elevator on a sales tour.

1songbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well at least you spoke up jwalk03. Sometimes that is all we can do. Rickandcindy23, I never thought about it before but lots of places do have separate elevators probably for the very reason you pointed out. Lots of timeshare sales people are scum bugs but I guess I never realized they would just out and out bamboozle an elderly couple in such a manner. My opinion of Wyndham just went down a couple more notches.

1songbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well at least you spoke up jwalk03. Sometimes that is all we can do. Rickandcindy23, I never thought about it before but lots of places do have separate elevators probably for the very reason you pointed out. Lots of timeshare sales people are scum bugs but I guess I never realized they would just out and out bamboozle an elderly couple in such a manner. My opinion of Wyndham just went down a couple more notches.

I meant to say scum BAGS, lol but you get my drift.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

Melody
I would have walked over and said, Mom, Dad, there you are!! I told you to ask me questions about buying before you did anything. Are you good? Lol

1songbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the laughs
, chapjim, amycurl, and CPNY! Unfortunately I can’t think that fast. Also they were sitting at the table right behind us for their shark pitch, uh, I mean sales pitch so they might have wondered why we didn’t immediately recognize one another!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
If any of the parties involved are 60 or over it can be construed as elder abuse. The law takes a very dim view of elder abuse and even Wyndham can't skate on that. You just hope they have adult children or grandchildren involved in their lives who ask about their financial dealings and keep an eye on their affairs.
My mom went to a MVC presentation. Luckily she didn’t buy. She kept texting us telling us she wanted to. I refused to let her! She already has ownership as do I. Luckily she didn’t bite the bullet

1songbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thankfully she has you and all the information we have garnered from this website! I pray if I ever get forgetful that my kids prevent me from going to any presentations like Wyndham or it’s buried in my mind somewhere that if their lips are moving, they are lying.

Reaction score
FYI, I've heard attorneys say that those "not responsible" signs are worthless. If you get a good lawyer, he will get the resort to pay for your damages. They do it all the time against golf courses (balls damaging windows), stores, etc.

TS

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Thankfully she has you and all the information we have garnered from this website! I pray if I ever get forgetful that my kids prevent me from going to any presentations like Wyndham or it’s buried in my mind somewhere that if their lips are moving, they are lying.
Problem is that had I been with her I might have talked her into it. Luckily I wasn’t there to be sold either hahah. MVC has pretty much made it useless to buy resale.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.

Melody
Were the fireworks being fired by the resort ? If so they should pay for the damage. If you can find out who launched the firework they should pay for damage. A sign that says not responsible is BS. File a police report.
Silentg

1songbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, this was on July 30th. The resort was unaware as were we. The only reason we believe it was fireworks was because of a large area of powder several feet from the vehicle and dark powdery looking marks on the SUV. We asked security about calling the police and he told us he doubted the police would even come out. I guess we could call the resort and ask them to pay for the damage but I am very doubtful they would do it without a lawyer involved and it’s probably less than $1000. 00 so I’m doubtful we would even find a lawyer that would take it without it costing us. We live out of state so that is an additional factor.